December 22, 2014 | 942 users online

Foundations - TEMPTU - Air Pod

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by egagnondrolet

I have been on this quest to find the best foundation for years. You name it, I have tried it (and paid a pretty penny for it !). Prior to being a TEMPTU junkie I was a MAC maniac. With that being said, even the MAC foundation wouldn't last and sometimes made my skin break out. Not to mention it always looked like I was wearing makeup, no matter how hard I tried.

The TEMPTU, really does make you look flawless. It does take some practice and I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to hold it 4-6 inches from your face.

After my first application I was in awe. I couldn't beleive it. I looked like I had NO makeup on and had PERFECT skin.

The only downside is that if you are a novice at makeup, I would recommend practicing at least 4-5 times. The blush can be a bit tricky.

The system itself is compact enough for travel and very easy to use.

I know it is pricey, and I honestly feel a little crazy owning my very own airbrush system. If you are contemplating buying this system, DO IT, They have a special TV offer which is perfect, try it for 30 days and if you aren't head over heels return it :)

FYI. I have been on acutane and still struggle with adult acne and this system doesn't make me break out and evens out my skin perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess it just takes perfecting your airbrush skills. Sometimes this product looks awesome on me and sometimes it doesn't?? Could be that I need to go down in color on the pods due to not tanning.. I do love the fact that once it has set (even though it seems to take FOREVER) it doesn't move... I can go to the gym AND just touch up with powder and it still looks pretty good. I also bought Dinair and I can't seem to get that foundation to look good on me.. It dries my face out! I guess for dry skin, sticking with the silicone product is a better fit for me.. Can't wait for them to come out with some different colors... AND, I can't wait to try out the Invisible Finishing Powder.. :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

BEWARE OF ORDERING FROM TEMPTU.COM especially if it is OUTSIDE THE usa.

Since the Temptu airpod system is not available at Sephora anymore. I had to order from their website (temptu.com)
The price was $45 for the airpod, usually at Sephora, it was around $55, for a box with 2 airpods inside. I figured this is a better deal from the mother company, so I went ahead & place the order.
SURPRISE !!!
Instead of 2 airpods housed in one box, there is only 1 pod, and the bill should read $45 was printed $10 instead, if I am sending it back for refund, will I be refunded for $45 or $10.
This is a very twisted company policy that I don't want to deal with anymore.
BTW, I emailed them with my concern, 5 days ago, no reply.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by rimazima

This is THE best foundation system you will EVER find. The foundation stays on ALL day, doesn't make you break out and ensures that whatever blush/bronzer you have on stays put. You can sweat, workout, have a long day and this foundation has your makeup looking fresh the entire time. I was floored when I started using this stuff. Nothing compares to it on the planet. Tips & Tricks: concentrate the foundation "gun" at a lighter spray on zits to make them dissapear. Go in round motions when spraying on your face. Don't have the "gun" on full blast when applying. Set foundation by ensuring it is dry first (use a hair dryer with a cool shot button if needed) and set with a translucent powder such as Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by seattlegrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*UPDATED 5 APRIL 2011 * : I have been using this more and more, and have come to like it quite a bit. But when I first got this, I had pneumonia and was coughing quite a bit. When I continued to cough almost two months afterwards, I thought nothing of it. Now I'm beginning to think it's because of TEMPTU. On the days I'm not using it, I don't have the chronic cough. I'm going to have to be more aware of how I'm breathing while applying this and see if it makes a difference.
.........................

I have been debating this for awhile, and I still find myself going back and forth on whether I really like this system or not.
I have been using BareMinerals for six years, but during the winter the brushing and extra touching of the skin causes my face to get really oily. So, I thought maybe airbrushing would be a good thing - I wouldn't be touching my skin as much.
Now even though I'm not brushing foundation on, I still have to do a lot of prepping before applying this foundation. I am fair, so any blemish sticks out on my skin like a beacon, and during the winter I tend to break out a bit.
It is possible to use this system to conceal blemishes. I find putting it on the middle setting and getting about an inch from the blemish, going in small circles with just a light touch, works. However, even the build-up seems to be a bit sheer, and I'm finding myself adding more coverage after I'm finished applying the foundation.
I love the finish. Your skin really does look great. But I'm thinking this system is really wonderful for those who have pretty clear skin, and are maybe just looking for something to even out skin tone or light scarring.
The only reason I'm not sending this back right now is because my skin is pretty clear during the summer, and I want to give it a shot then.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by LaurenFriend80

I am actually surprised that more makeup junkies haven't raved about this. Although the system is definitely a pretty penny, the results are well-worth it! Plus, once you buy the system, the pods are only $55 for two, which is less than my other HG, MUFE foundation. If you are acne-prone, or stuck with the scars (like me), this will be your new HG! Although it will add another few minutes to your morning routine, the formula somehow covers all without looking like a full face. I go over this with a Sigma F80, and I am flawless. I have actually gotten complimented on my skin, which, underneath it, is far from perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by sashja2413

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! leaves a soft dewy appearance very flawless.. Not cakey at all.. I don't think it is the everyday makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lors

Had this unit for a year. Messy app gets in my hair. Also, unit takes up too much counter space and I've had several pods clog. Too much trouble switching pods, m/u, blush, highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Robbieblitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After spending a fortune you realise that this system doesn't work at all. I find it impossible to spray my face all over evenly without missing somewhere! Also the actual foundation is too greasy/shiny for my liking and the shades aren't exactly brilliant either! Save your money and get a bobbi brown foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is a great value. I had been wanting to try MUFE HD Foundation but since I've gotten this, I am for the first time content with a foundation. The coverage is buildable so I don't understand the complaints. I don't even use concealer when I use this and it still looks great. It also doesn't cake around blemish or settle in fine lines. LOVE it. and I don't think people understand that it is actually a great value! After the initial purchase of the system, the airpods only cost $55 for 2! MUFE HD costs like $45 for 1 and the airpods will last you about 6 months or more. I love this and the coverage it gives me.