October 25, 2014 | 867 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Deluxe Eyeshadow - Ruthless

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Sushi88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great everyday shade! I use this with Copperplate from MAC in my crease.The texture is very smooth. The price is high, but you get quite a lot eyeshadow. Unfortunately I hit the pan on this eyeshadow. But I will definitely rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Madeleinejane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeshadow! I didn't really want to buy it at first because it seemed like too much money for a little thing of eyeshadow, but I read great reviews and the packaging is just TOO CUTE! This eyeshadow is great for highlighting the inner corner or brow bone, or even just as a base shadow. Sometimes I just wear Ruthless all over my eye if I'm in a rush, and it never fails to look gorgeous! I've never had any problems with the fallout, and the amount of glitter in it isn't too much for me, so I can wear this shadow anywhere! I love this eyeshadow and I highly recommend it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not a big UD user. It's not that I dislike their products, it's that there's usually too much glitter/shimmer for my age. (It really does accentuate wrinkles, so enjoy them while you're young.) But I read about Ruthless and decided to give it a try. I am totally wowed. It's a gorgeous light taupe with superfine shimmer that makes my lids glow without looking crepey. And the quality is incredible--it's creamy, applies and blends like a dream, and no fallout! It wears all day, too. I can understand why people might find it too light, but for me it's perfect, and lends itself to a variety of looks. My only complaint is the packaging--it's bulky and dorky, but that's a minor quibble. I can see myself wanting to wear this every day!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Colour: light mushroom taupe with VERY subtle shimmer. The application was super-easy, as the consistency of this shadow is worth every penny; very velvety and smooth, and a little goes a long way. Quality is amazing.

The funky art packaging is pretty cool and different, but its a slight pain in the ass to open (little button to push). After a few days, the shadow seemed bulky in my makeup holder at home.

Here's why only 3 lippies: The shimmer effect didn't seem to be there, and the shade looked pretty pasty on my lids, which I hate. I tried to use along with another colour, but when I spend that kind of money on a lighter shadow, I always look for something I'll be able to use on its own as an all-over wash and with this, I can't (again, too pasty/chalky looking). I really didn't feel I'd ever use it again. I returned it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by BLoNdeGLaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the NAME of this shadow, but the color payoff is something else. I have the Naked and Deluxe palettes, and 33 individual UD shadows and this is by far the worse color payoff of ANY of them hands down. I'm as pale as they come and it's barely visible on me. I was hoping for something similar to Maui Wowie (minus the glitter), but I'm taking this back and getting something much more worthy of the Urban Decay name!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love pairing this up with a darker taupe color in the crease. Actually, I combine this with Underground & Zero, which is my simple go-to look. Love this guy to death. I already have a small dig going! It wasn't too expensive because I bought it off All Cosmetics Wholesale (loads cheaper). The formulation is smooth and buttery, absolutely perfect. All the Deluxe formula are great. UD please make more colors!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

One word - boring! Dirty champagne shade without the "taupe-sh" effect I love..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ruthless is a medium taupey shimmer. The color reminds me of a latte. It's very pretty and flattering, and IMHO it's a great neutral to have in your stash.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by serahx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The main reason I bought this was the packaging which is quite possibly the cutest thing ever.

The shadow itself is so silky, however the colour pay-off isn't as great as I expected. It's perfect as an all over lid colour for when you're in a rush or simply can't be bothered putting in the effort.

Got this for 4.99, so glad I didn't pay the RRP for it or I think I would have been more disappointed. For 4.99 though, I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have not seen the appeal/been a fan of taupe in the past. Yet I chucked this in my shopping cart just to give it a chance, reading reviews that it was a nice taupe. The color looks kind of browny in the container, but applied looks far more grey. I don't know how it does that, and it might look different depending on the skin tone of the person who wears it (for reference I am an NC30 and it looks (taupey) greyish on me. The consistency is nice, as Urban Decay's eyeshadows tend to be. I was happy to find out it was NOT a glitterbomb, like many UD shadows, which in my opinion ruins them. This one is kind of a shimmer, but the shimmer is very fine, so it's acceptable for daily, office wear (if you work in an office- I don't, but I think it'd be acceptable). I understand finally why some people are such taupe-fiends- the color is flattering because it draws attention to your EYES, not your eye MAKEUP. Which is the goal, at least for me, for everyday daily makeup. No matter what color eyes/skintone you have, I imagine this would look nice on you. ALSO I must mention this because I am a total dork about makeup packaging: I think this may be my favorite makeup packaging ever. I don't care if it's cutesy, it looks kind of like a little metal pillbox and has a little picture on the front featuring a robot and a dinosaur. I do not know why, but I like it. Would repurchase for sure, it's by far my favorite UD shadow (To be fair the only other ones I have are the ones in the Urban Ammo palette half of which were ruined by glitter). If you're a taupe skeptic like me, give this one a shot. If you don't like it, alright, move on.