November 27, 2014 | 1566 users online

Treatments (Eye) - 1000HOUR - Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Its a good product but could be improved and over promises on the advertising. The pack says it lasts "UP TO" 6 weeks, but that actually depends on the person and how fast their brows and lashes replace themselves, so the company can't really claim that. If you are one the people like me whose lashes and brows replace every 2 - 3 weeks that is all the time you will get from dying them with this product so it won't last as long as they say.

CHOOSING YOUR COLOR:
The SA I consulted advised me the colors run VERY light and recommended me to go a few shades darker. She was light blonde and said did not use Light Brown on lashes or brows (it tinted them red not dark), she used Dark Brown. She suggested I use a mix of half dark brown and black on brows, and blue-black on my lashes which worked out well for me.

I caking it on my brows thick like caterpillars for the most even results. Then remove well with damp cotton pads and pat dry with tissue. Don't dry your face on a white towel like I did! Because even though you don't see anything on the towel at first, when you come back an hour later you will see permanently dyed ugly brown smudges on your nice towel.

For lashes, I would recommend Natural Black or Blue Black. I couldn't see a difference with the Dark Brown.

The packaging I'm not impressed by. The applicator isn't very good as it makes it difficult to apply. I had more success using a clean mascara spoolie. The mixing pan provided is not very good either, its so thin it cracked the first time I used it so I had to find another dish for mixing in.

One last thing, don't purchase old stock. I know a merchandiser for this product and she confessed to me ALL the product on Trademe (our New Zealand version of Ebay) is expired and won't dye properly. It MUST be a fresh batch as the developer goes off after a year or so and then the color can't dye very well. It will just bleach your brows and lashes lighter and redder. This happened to me at a "professional" salon. When I complained to the parent company and asked why this had happened they investigated then got back to me explaining they discovered that the therapist had been using expired product (which wont dye) and was going to be retrained.

I would give this product a higher rating if the expiry dates were clearly printed on each box. For such a time-sensitive product the company is not doing us right to hide behind a batch code that doesn't mean anything to us consumers!! Fix this, 1000 hour!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by releets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So just used this for the second time tonight - for ref. I have fairly dark lashes and med in thickness and length and med. brown, thin eyebrows.

The first time I used the brown tint on my eyebrows and black-brown on my lashes (bought 2 kits, but worth it as shipping took about 2.5 weeks to reach Canada from Australia) that time was kinda trial and error: as another review said - ditch the mascara applicator and just use a reg mascara brush. The package says to use 10 drops of developer to 1" of dye - the drops come out quick and i def diluted the product - results were barley noticeable except on my brows.
This time i got the mixing right (and I find the plastic mixing pot to work just fine) and the results are beautiful. I think it looks almost as good as when I get it done in the salon for half the price because you get a lot of applications in one kit. I believe it claims to last 1 month - but I cannot comment on that as I did it again after two weeks. Yes it does sting but no more, maybe less than in the salon :) And I did it myself - super easy! I say go for it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

It's ok, does the job. Quite tricky to use and if you get it too near yours eyes, it hurts like hell!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by JessicaCP

Lasts ages, easy to apply (you dont have to be anywhere near as careful as the packaging implies) and is quite cheap/a box will last you a long time. Wicked product! Lashes can be dyed twice for extra darkness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Interliner

Love this product. Ordered online from Australia. It arrived in a week. I didn't use the vaseline or undereye tissue patches. I used a paint brush and applied it free hand. I had vaseline and eyeswabs at the ready to immediately catch any accidents. I bought the Natural Black color. I was afraid at first because it looked gray and not black when I mixed the color and activator. It got darker in a few minutes. Worked like a dream. My blonde lashes are black. Didn't add length or shape like mascara, but I don't look so tired right out of bed in the morning. Love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been a bit lash obsessed lately - my eyelashes are blonde and very fine - so I've been looking for ways to thicken, lengthen, and darken them. I've been using Latisse for about a year (LOVE that product!), and it has done all of the above, but my lashes are still pretty light (much darker than where I started, but...) I came across some info on this little kit over at EDS, and figured I'd give it a try. I ordered the blue-black shade. It arrived yesterday, and I tried it out last night. OMG. For the very first time in my life I can actually see dark lower lashes while standing about three feet away from the mirror! My lashes were really hard to see last night prior to my first application, so I treated my lashes again this morning to get any lashes that I missed on my first pass. (I didn't notice a difference from the first application to the second, so I actually did a great job on my very first try). I can actually go out without mascara on and not feel like my eyes are naked. This is the best $25 I have EVER spent. I'm hooked, can't see myself not keeping this on hand forever more. The application process was so simple: mix it, apply it like you would mascara (I used a clean mascara wand), let it sit for the designated time, and voila! Gorgeous, dark lashes.

Fantastic. Phenomenal. Can't live without it. Yep, it's that good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Update: I upped this to 5 lippies from 4. This works really well. I'd give it 6 if I could!! The color is beautiful & dark!!
I used to get my lashes tinted at the salon, but at $45 a pop, it was a once in a while splurge to treat myself. I'm blond & have fine, light lashes (despite Talika Lipcils; it doesn't seem to be working anymore :-(
After trying Swiss O'Par & being less than impressed, I decided to try this one based on the reviews here & essentialdayspa.com. It was about $25 online, shipped from Australia. Unlike the Swissopar, the color comes in a small tube w/ a bottle of developer (peroxide I think). You mix the color w/ the developer in the little tray that comes with it. I got the blue/black & at first I was bummed about the color that came out of the tube, (kind of a dull navy) but once it sat for a minute mixed w/ the developer, it turned the exact dark violet color I had been looking for! Like all tints, you have to apply vaseline under your lower lashes & upper eyelids. You use those little paper half moons under your eyes to prevent staining. The directions say to leave it on 10-12 minutes. I applied it with my trusty tiny Shu Lash Repair wand (I love that little wand!! I can get all those little outer lashes!) rather than the mixing wand. It was thick enough that it didn't run or get into my eyes. I was able to keep my eyes open the whole 10-15 minutes I left it on. I closed them after a while; I was afraid too much blinking would make it get in my eyes. I could still keep them open when it was time to take it off.) I made sure I coated my lashes well. I wiped off the extra w/ a cotton round & warm water. Mild soap & warm water to remove the Vaseline. My lashes look just as good as they do when I get them done at the salon! I can't wait to see how they look after I find a lash growth product that actually works!! :-) The color is VERY pretty!
Don't try to tint your lashes at home unless you've had them done professionally first. Follow the directions! And if you get some in your eye, rinse thoroughly with water.
I'll update after a few weeks regarding lasting power of the tinting. Also, the package says to use about 1" of color & 10 drops of developer. You don't need any where near that much to do your lashes. I used less than 1/2" of color & 5 drops of developer & had a bunch left over. The package says 12 applications, but this will make probably twice that!
So far I'm very happy with the results! I'd recommend trying it.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No