July 31, 2014 | 1789 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Color Extend Sun- Mask [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I go swimming ALOT. Im like a fish, I spend all day in the pool while my friends wonder how I can stand it. (Especially ironic cause I have a weird fear of fish yet I am like one). Anywho, so it was definitely taking its tolls on my hair. The ends were sooooo dry and split it was awful. I usually use a special shampoo to get chlorine out and I would use either Heavy Cream or CAT after the pool. I finally had gotten my ends trimmed and my hair is much healthier again from that alone. I spotted the last tube of this mask at Ulta and was excited! This mask is so good its ALWAYS sold out. Last night I went swimming and put on my usual, Victorias Secret UV protectant spray, before I got in and my hair was still fairly soft after the pool but I was really looking forward to this mask. Once I used Real Control shampoo I poured some of this on the palm of my hand. I noticed that it's very very thick-thicker than Butter Treat and Heavy Cream. This may be the most moisturizing Redken treatment there is! I felt like the conditioner definitely moisturized my ends very well. They are very soft right now and my hair is very shiny. I will be using this everytime I go swimming ( or need a really intensive moisturizing mask). I went ahead and ordered the after sun shampoo as well as this whole line is hard to find. I cannot wait to try that one as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was actually very pleasantly surprised by this product. I have thick, coarse, heat styled/color treated hair. I have used MANY masks and this is one of my favorites. It leaves my hair soft and has a nice smell (mango oil). Since this is a weekly treatment, it should last you awhile.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Of the three products in this line, this one is just ok for me. The texture has to be worked through hair, it doesn't sink in instantly or have that glide I love in a mask or conditioner. I think it has a high oil content, and this really does rescue the hair from the Summer elements. I just don't see myself buying it. It gets used up really fast, and I would have loved a bottle and not a tube. They can make you think your getting alot of product, but your really not. I don't feel my hair is getting what it needs with this mask.