October 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Colorstay lash tint [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this around the time it was being discontinued at Big Lots for less than $5. I've never used a lash tint before, but I was trying to keep my makeup more natural so I picked it up. First off, I must say this doesn't give ANY length or volume, but that's not what it's made for. The sole purpose of this mascara is to color your lashes and LAST. The staying power of this is absolutely amazing. It will truely last at least 3 days, if not longer. Face wash won't take it off, so you'll need a really good makeup remover to get rid of it. The only downfall to this is that it's a runny formula and it's very difficult to work with after it dries. It really is like having acrylic/glue on your lashes. I couldn't even get a metal lash comb through after it dried.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by castell

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Packaging? Who cares! Price? Since it's discontinued, I paid about $20 for it on ebay (I've paid more for HE mascaras). I was worried the product would be old and dried up, but no, it's fine! I love this stuff. I really don't care about length or volume, just long-lasting color and this delivers. Reading below, I see a comment about some clumping. Yeah, there is that, but easily remedied with lash brush/comb. So nice to have this product again. I wonder why they discontinued it?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by sarahpuff21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the worst mascara I have ever used! No wonder they discontinued it. I was looking for a lash tint that I could wear for a couple of days at a time. This may stay on for several days, but it is definitely not a lash tint. It's just like a mascara except its even more drying. The brush was so tiny and the bristles so short it went on clumpy and made my lashes all stick together. It makes my lashes feel like I put acrylic paint on them. And it was expensive! What a waste and a stupid product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I would buy if they still made it. Didnt know it was discontinued till i read it here. I actually havent used this in forever but 8 years ago or so when I was a hard-partying bartender youngster this was the best mascara ever! I could go out ALL night and it would still be there in the morning. i could go stay with my boyfriend for a day or 2 and this would still be on. Awesome if you dont want to take makeup somewhere. Not the best formula but it was awesomw for staying on so long. Definately had a time and place, whyd they discontinue???

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so sad that the 3-Day Colorstay Lash Tint was discontinued. This was my vacation standby for no-nonsense makeup application. Tarte recently put out their own version, and it is one I'll never repurchase. Colorstay Lash Tint wasn't over-drying, didn't flake, and *truly* did last a full 3 days, through face washes and all. Why doesn't Revlon bring it back?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have been using this product for three years and I, too, believe there has been an injustice in its discontinuation!!!
    It is the ONLY, REPEAT ONLY, waterproof mascara I have used that did not smudge! It goes on in a liquid type manner so be careful to take off any extra. I find that only one swipe is needed. In addition, if you curly your lashes beforehand, this mascara will keep them keep the curl all day...like a holding gel for your eyelashes. I have a lot of allergies but have had no problems with this product. Buy it while you can. It's great and that is probably why they discontinued it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 9:33:00 AM More reviews by mumsays242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ouch. Don't make the mistake of overapplying. I tried a couple coats because I was so pleased to find it again in my closet, and I lost 2 lashes - nice long ones! - after they clumped together. The clumping actually HURT. So be careful.

Despite that, if you know how to use it, this is a fabulous product. I have light brown, fine lashes that are overwhelmed by most mascaras. The Color Tint works miracles for me - gently defines and provides just enough color without making me look overly made up. It really opens my eyes up, and no one knows I'm wearing mascara. I suggest using it for a natural, pretty look - not a fashionable or vampy look. And the tint lasts for DAYS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Lutya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only mascara I have used for years. Now I must say, I'm not a big makeup person and don't really want mascara that LOOKS like mascara. I have fairly good lashes naturally and just want something that enhances my natural lashes - thus this tint is perfect for me. What I love about this mascara is that it does not smear, flake, or give raccoon eyes; and it lasts for 2-3 days. So, in my low maintenance makeup routine, I only have to apply it every few days. I never worry about removing it.

I have a few minor complaints: One is that it does go on very liquidy, so I run an eyelash brush/comb over my lashes after applying to separate and remove any extra. Also, the tube seems to have a slightly sweet, coffee like smell which doesn't seem quite right. And lastly, it seems to be discontinued but I just bought 3 new tubes on ebay which should last me for years. I've never finished a tube but I start a new one occasionally for hygienic reasons.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

It has a nice color and separates the lashes just fine, but it was really flaky. I gave it about 6 days, then tossed. it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 7:14:00 AM More reviews by shesparky

This is a LASH TINT, not like regular mascara. Is outstanding at darkening blonde lashes. I've tried dying my lashes at home with Roux to save the expense of getting them done at the salon. The Roux doesn't work very well (salon dying is the best, lasts a month or two). Anyway, this lash tint is great for what it does. Yes, it will not thicken or lengthen on its own. I have used a lash primer underneath this for that effect. It is hard to find nowadays. I recently purchased three tubes on Amazon. Revlon makes a Colorstay remover that will remove this easily, or some kind of oily remover will work. I appreciate the staying power of this product since I am a construction worker and my working environment can be extreme. Also, I do not appear to be "made up" -- I just have visible eyelashes!