July 29, 2014 | 1503 users online

Pressed Powders - Anna Sui - Pressed Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by rp1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely packaging for those who like feminine/vintage look and being refillable is a plus. Powder finely milled and very light in texture. Mine has a light shimmer. No problem with crumbling or compact. I do not use puff but apply powder with brush. Perhaps not for those with very oily skin or for those who want a lot of coverage from their powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by queensupreme

I got this powder in the shade 701 about two years ago, but I have stopped using it since then. The powder doesn't do much, I found that my skin got oily pretty quickly after applying it. I'm better off just using normal blotting papers. It has a lovely rose scent though, and I love the packaging. I think the actual powder pan itself was around 30 dollars CDN, which I considered steep back then in high school when I got this, haha.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

smells nice, looks nice, lovely compact.... as for coverage is very sheer... doesn't control oil..... I had this about 3 years ago... didn't go back to it as I needed something with more coverage and a more velvet texture.... as for the price it is pretty cheap for a such a cute compact, I just wish the powder itself did more

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by monstro

LAsts forever! Been using mine for years. Of course, I keep it in my bag, and only use it for touch ups.
But it does the trick without adding any colour. Love the packaging design of course, it's gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2006 6:38:00 AM More reviews by elli888

I have #700 for my fair-medium with yellowish tone complexion. The texture of the powder is fine enuff n has a rosey scent. Apply it lightly to give a natural finish, if i apply too much will make me look very white. The case is nice n girly, u can choose either the gold color case wif the rose or gold color case with butterfly logo. Mine is the butterfly one altho now i wish i had bought the rose one. Im not complaining tho. its nice enuff. Might purchase again if i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by sonya80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in translucent.
Looks like MAC Chill e/s. It looks like e/s with shimmers, but it goes on translucent. I don't like any perfumed product on my face, but I got this as a gift. I usually wear this over my blusher for glowiness, tho shimmer is not really detectable once the powder goes onto my face. Nice product, but I seem to develop allergy for Anna Sui puff (makeup allergies are extreme rare to me :(). The puff gives me puffy-mosquito-bite looking thing on my facem but fortunately it goes away after few hours. I just use powder brush to brush it on. I don't use this very often, so it might last me a lifetime, so won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2006 8:02:00 AM More reviews by mariahmimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a long devotee of MAC Blot. I got this Anna Sui Pressed Powder from a Xmas Set with tempting price along with a lipgloss/ blush. Been hearing all the raves, I reckon I need to try this one.
Beyond my expectation, it works better than I thought as I used to think Anna SuiíŽs cosmetics is nothing more than fancy packaging. It blots away shine very naturally without caking, doníŽt clog my pores. IMO, itíŽs an above average product, not bad thou. Will I buy it again? It depends if it is on sale again. Btw, I think the packahing of this compact (gold in color) is tacky and I am more into the simple design of MAC/ Nars/ Laura Mercier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 5:56:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

I love this pressed powder! I'm now on my 2nd refill, and planning to get a 3rd. I love how it looks in my bag, in my hands. The packaging is just so gorgeous!!! Earned me many compliments too. ;)

This pressed powder offers partial coverage and mattifies the face pretty well. Seems to last and last too!

For reference, I'm a 20 Claire for Chanel foundations. I bought #701 for Anna Sui.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2006 4:23:00 PM More reviews by burlesquebunny

I really like this powder. I use 702 and it matches my skin tone nicely. It has a great, smooth texture and a lovely rose fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by chelleywhite

I have quite fair skin and bought this in colour 701 from ebay (much cheaper!). The colour is a perfect pale, pale yellow-based beige with a very fine, satin texture.
It's housed in a really tiny black plastic screw-lid pot (no mirror unfortunately, but you can apply it with your eyes closed and be safe in the knowledge that you'll look great!).
There's a clear plastic divider between the powder and the puff to keep it clean which is a nice touch, but it makes things rather fiddly when trying to use it on the move.
The puff is synthetic, but soft, has quite a deep pile and a black satin ribbon strip to hold it on your finger when applying. One light touch of the puff gives you enough to powder you nose (or in my case the sides of my nose where I get oily at about midday).
This little gem makes my pores disappear and keeps my face in place with only one or two touch-ups required. Touching-up is no hardship as it smells so lovely (like a bunch of flowers, but not overly scented or sickly).
There's no shimmer and no caking - it seems to disappear into the skin leaving it flawless which is yet another plus. I've yet to use another powder as good - I have a few others (Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil, Clinique, Cat's Cosmetics), but I always reach for this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No