November 29, 2014 | 1701 users online

Eye Primer - Senna - Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by salsagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I'm amazed at the difference in opinions on this primer. I absolutely love it! I've been on a search for a good primer that does not dry out my lid or make me look older. This one is the right color for me (fair skin) and goes on nice and smooth. It keeps my eye shadow totally in place all day with no creases. You only need a little bit, so the tub with last a long time I think. I also love the fact that it has anti aging properties as well. I finally think my search for the prerfect primer is over!! UPDATE: I still love this primer, but I discovered that is does crease if it is worn alone for some reason. I have never had a creasing problem once I put the shadow over it, but when worn alone it does crease. Still my favorite primer.
Update: although this is a great primer I realized that it contains petroleum which I try to avoid. I switched to using a mineral make up as a primer which works even better. Illuminare.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by kelspot

This is a pretty unique primer in the sense that it's in the form of a thick paste. The packaging makes me feel like it's a lipgloss or something along those lines. It's flesh toned, so it does help even out your eyelids/surrounding area if you struggle with discoloration. It's a good primer but for ALL DAY wear, I do notice some creasing. If you have oily lids, it does give a matte feel - so it will help you in that department. Senna is a bit pricy, and this pot isn't HUGE, so price is a little bit of a downfall. You could probably get a better primer for cheaper, but like I said - this has tone correcting and matte qualities - so if you need something to help you in those departments, this will work well for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by spoongrenade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG shadow primer. I don't think I'll ever look for another product because this one does it all. I have very oily skin & eyelids, so I need a heavy duty primer - UDPP & TFSI are too thin for me and only last about an hour without creasing.

Senna's TTEP is highly pigmented and it covers all the flaws on my lids like darkness and even covers up veins. I just tap a tiny bit onto my finger and blend it from my lashes to brow bone - you only need a teeny bit so it lasts a long time. I have worn my eyeshadow up to 15 hours with this primer and it keeps everything in place without fading the colors at all. Senna also says that there are anti-aging ingredients in this primer which is always a plus around the eyes. Oh, I also wear this under my eyes at the lashline as well.

I'm really sorry that this product didn't work for the previous poster. I have recommended it to numerous family/friends and everyone loves it. I think the retail price is $22, which seems high, but I only use like 2 a year so it's not so bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

This Eyeshadow Base is the absolute worst eyeshadow base I've ever tried. I'm glad that I purchased it seperately instead of in a kit so that I can return it. My shadow would likely last for a longer period of time if I simply used powder underneath my eyeshadow. No kidding. This stuff is really, really bad. Do NOT waste your money on this particular product. Many of Senna's products are worth the price, but this isn't one of them.