October 23, 2014 | 1343 users online

Mascara - Ulta - Showstopper Lashes Length + Volume Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a mini (I think) of this for free in a sample grab bag. Checking the reviews bummed me out; I figured I'd never use it. The brush is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, it looks so deficient. I threw some on before going to the store, and honestly it's not THAT bad. The version I got is incredibly wet (and therefore messy; it got all over my water line and fingers and eyelids) but I found the brush actually pulled my lashes clean of product and define them. Looked ok. Seemed more lengthening than volumizing. It dries incredibly fast, which I like for a wet formula. The downside to that is crunchy, brittle lashes. Overall I wouldn't ever buy this.
EDIT: On my second attempt at wear, the formula had dried, and was a creating a spider lash mess. I had to throw the product away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with many of the reviewers--this mascara is very thick and goopy. If you apply a second coat before the first coat dries, your lashes will get stuck together and it's a mess. I learned that the trick is to use only one coat and apply carefully. One coat of this mascara makes my lashes super thick and lush, but it takes time and technique, and I have very little time in the morning.

I like wearing mascara on my bottom lashes, but I can't with this one. It smears and smudges badly. I won't repurchase, but I will use until it dries out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by colourtoyourworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One word. Sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by LuLu1322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe all the bad reviews for this mascara. I have tried every mascara under the sun - from the least expensive to the most expensive. The mascara is a bit wet (for lack of a better word), but I am in love - after a couple of coats, with combing between coats, it appears that I have false eyelashes. Very pretty, long and thick. I will definately repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by HollyBee23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. My mascara collection ranges from covergirl to urban decay and I have I have no problem using mid-range mascara. I picked this one up last night at Ulta for $10, not wanting to spend $20 on the Too Faced tube I really wanted. I was so disappointed this morning when I applied the mascara. The brush is horrible, the formula is goopy and chunky and my lashes look all clumped together. I didn't have time to remove my eye makeup and reapply so I'm still wearing it. Does anybody know if Ulta will take returns on used products? I definitely won't be using this tube again and I might as well have thrown $10 in the toilet. Honestly, my $3 E.L.F. mascara runs circles around Ulta Showstopper.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by smlrck26

For $10 and from Ulta, I expected a much better mascara. I used this for the first time this morning. The formula reminded me of Maybelline's Great Lash (not a fan of that btw) and the brush didn't do a whole lot in terms of volume for me but I did however get some definition/length. Super black color which was great but the kicker was that I looked like Alice Cooper by lunchtime (For those of you that don't know who Alice Cooper is..I had severe raccoon eyes.) Yikes.

I don't understand how a mascara can completely just wear off in 4 hours so I'll return this and not purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is super black, the blackest black I've ever gotten in any mascara I've tried so far. The formula is quite wet and combined with the horrendous brush, it's super easy to get mascara all over the eyelid. With that said, I really like the formula of the mascara, it lengthens and separates my lashes with out flaking or leaving my lashes crunchy. But the deal breaker for me is the wand. I will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok I was ready to throw this out and I started playing with it. The formula really seems to have merits but like the rest of the crew here said the brush sucks buttock. SO even with that said OMG now that I know how to work this its DEFINITELY top of my mascara line when I am going out. As with anything, you have to work it and if you are looking for one coat and done this isnt for you. I cleaned off every bit of mascara and started with nice clean lashes. I put this on making sure I scraped the brush totally making sure it looked almost dry, then I applied. I combed this out and I had nice fanned black lashes but I was looking for the false effect so I had to keep going. I then waited about 3 minutes and curled. I then followed with another coat following the scrape scrape scrape method and applied again. Closer to what I was looking for, after the comb out definite drama but I wanted even more so I waiting a couple minutes and applied again for a total of 3 coats and combed out and OMG LOVE! This is not something I will do every day, just going out or special events but I will keep buying this mascara. The formula is much better than dior show, defencils, or any other high end ive been using.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by givemewhatworks

I've tried cheap and expensive brands of mascara from Cover Girl to Dior. I'm always paranoid that you're really just paying money for the name with expensive brands so am totally open to picking up a cheap-to-mid-level product to see if it can compete. Was in Ulta the other day and decided to try out their new mascara (Showstopper) and purchased jet black.This morning I opened it up and was INSTANTLY disappointed. The brush came out completely covered in clumps of goop. It was like the opening was too big and didn't properly remove the excess product. It was so bad I was convinced that I had a "lemon" but called my friend (who had made the same purchase) and confirmed that hers was the same way. Despite my immediate misgivings I tried to apply to see if I was just missing something. Nope. All I got was a huge mess that I had to immediately remove from my lashes. I can honestly say that I have never been so horrified by a product's quality. I don't understand how Ulta's team could release something this bad because it's so obvious. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT. Fortunately my friend and I were able to return for a full refund earlier today. I nicely suggested to the clerk who did the return that they advise customers not to buy this. It is an awful representation of their in-house product line.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Raygirl007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara sucks! The brush bristles are way too far apart (as so many others have mentioned) are the problem. It leaves you with 4 or 5 big clumpy looking eyelashes. The formula is rather dry and sticky as well. I returned it to the store.