September 22, 2014 | 1877 users online

Styling Products - Kevin Murphy - Hair Resort Beach Texturiser GEL

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Imaphek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the smell of this but sadly it did not provide the texture or body I was looking for. Even excluding the price, I wouldn't buy this again.
Even using small amounts, it makes my fine hair a little crunchy and very difficult to comb through. I'm afraid it causes breakage.
I tried B&B Texture cream, and after playing with both products, I like the B&B much better for a bit of body without the tangles. I've found I can layer it with the thickening hairspray for a little more interest as well.
I also tried Amp from Living Proof and it has a nice clean smell and provides similar texture. I prefer using the Amp on dry hair, but I like to put a little B&B Texture in wet hair before styling. I just wish it held a little more wave!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a HUGE fan of Kevin Murphy products. However, Hair Resort is not for me. I much prefer KM's Anti Gravity which gives my thin, fine, wavy hair great body and curl. I thought Hair Resort would give me even more bounce and body. Instead, the produce made my hair appear limp and didn't boost the curl. Ah well, back to Anti Gravity.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by milll

i bought the hair resort online after hearing rave reviews from lots of people, and i definitely wasn't disappointed. i have quite thick wavy hair, which might seem like this product isnt something i need, but my hair goes quite flat and heavy, so i like something to rough it up a bit. sea salt sprays simply don't do anything because of how thick my hair is, but this definitely does the trick. i usually wash my hair then wait until it is almost dry before scrunching some of this in; then, i blowdry my hair until it's dry. this gives my hair texture that lasts all day, oh, and not to mention it smells wonderful and tropical :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have long, fine, blond hair that is really a pain at times when it goes flat. I've tried so many products that promise volume and edge. I've gone from Bumble and Bumble, Pureology, Aveda,and many others that I can't pronounce from France and the results are lack luster and not worth the price. Kevin Murphy Hair Resort is the first product I've tried that combats that, and I use this in combination with Kevin Murphy Anti-Gravity, which was the first product I tried from his line. I place a drop of Hair Resort with the Anti Gravity and mix them and I get this wonderful product that smells like a beach coast and lavender. Makes my hair shine like crazy and the volume is there and it lasts! At first when I used Hair Resort I thought it felt too sticky in my hands and then on my hair so I would use just a a pearl-sized drop, increasing that with confidence and then one day I decided to combine the too and it was perfect! I love this combo and I can't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by modernnomad

The best beachy hair product ever. I use Kevin Murphy Motion Lotion for day for naturally defined waves, then I add the Hair Resort to sex up the look for night. It's easy to use, never makes my hair crunchy, lasts forever, and smells like heaven. AMAZING. The whole Kevin Murphy Line should win a Nobel Prize for hair or something.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Compared to other "Beach" products out there, I like L'Anza Beach Spray or Paul Mitchell Wild Ginger Texture Spray better than either Hair Resort product. I do prefer the Hair Resort Spray over this cream/gel thing. From the moment I put this in my hair, it felt off...it felt drying. This gave me no better curl formation than any other product on the market I have used. And it made my hair feel really dirty & dry. I am giving it a 3 cuz it does create a beachy look, but I prefer the stronger curl formation and hold of the L'Anza Beach Spray. The KM scent is light, citrus/coconutty and pleasant. But I wouldn't chase this down (it can be hard to find) until I just popped over to my local Ulta and tried the L'Anza Beach Spray first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

You think Bumble and Bumbles surf spray is good? You tried and liked Philip Bs Maui Wowie beach mist? Well, let me tell you this is even better. I love this stuff, because its easy to use and makes your hair look like you spent lots of time doing your hair while it actually took you only 5 minutes.
This is an oil free texturizer for a messy beach look.
The product itself is a lotion with tiny shimmering particles in it, that smells lightly of coconut and very "beachy".
I confess, Im not a big fan of coconut smell in beauty products, but it is tolerable.
For reference: I have shoulderlenght fine hair, but many hair, that is oily in the roots. Its straight with a hint of natural movement.
You can use the product on damp hair or dry hair.
When I use it on damp hair, I put a drop on my hand and work it through my hair. Then I blowdry my hair headlong and Im done.
Often, I use it on dry hair in the morning, when I was too lazy to give my hair a good blowdry with styling products and a round brush. Then Im usually just pulling my hair together after I blowdried my hair without using any styling product.
The morning after, I have to deal with limp hair and could normally not wear my hair open, as it looks horrible.
But using a drop of hair resort and kneading it in my dry hair, I can get bouncy, volumized and slightly messy hair. Turning my I-was-to-lazy-to-style-my-hair head in a mass of lovely hair.
The result with this magic stuff is always thick hair with a slightly wavy beachy texture. With all the beach sprays/lotions, I never expect my hair to look curly, because my hair is only slightly wavy.
The hair is not greasy and still feels good, while given a voluminous undone look. The hair feels not crunchy at all, while given a subtle defined texture and hold.
It is not drying, as it has no sea salt and I like the fact, that its a lotion instead of a spray.
Im really lazy when it comes to hairstyling and blowdrying, but this is a no-nonsense product, which transforms your hair by putting volume and texture in your hair. I only recently find myself reaching for this quite often and this means it works for me.
On dry hair, it takes you 2 minutes to archieve a good styling.
I really love this product, because it gives me super-duper glamorous hair with no effort at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this styling product - it's fantastic for creating volume that lasts and doesn't weigh my hair down. I find it to be more effective than the Anti Gravity product in creating volume, but it can make the hair feel a little dry. Despite this, it's a fantastic product - I can create a very voluminous straight hairstyle, beach hair or use it prior to hot curlers to ensure the curls stay in place. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by hazyjane

I adore this!! My hair, which is fine, yet course and bendy, is notorious for falling flat with styling products. Not with this! It's absolutely my HG, can't- screw-it-up, styling product!

It leaves my hair very full and wavy and reduces frizz but not crunchy and my hair even still has volume the next day after I've slept on it! I can just spritz a little water if i want to reactivate it. It's not completely natural, but has a much cleaner ingredients list than most salon products (no parabens) and the yummy, subtle coconut scent doesn't bother my perfume chemical sensitivity one bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by jensaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this product! My shoulder-length hair is very fine, borders between wavy and curly, and is almost always frizzy. This product gives my hair gorgeously defined, loose curls. I use a drop (size of a dime) on damp, combed hair and diffuse it. The creme gives my hair some much-needed volume, and leaves it so very soft and touchable - no crunchiness here! The product has a subtle, beachy scent to it - that coveted "expensive and clean" smell. I highly, highly recommend this product and will most definitely be repurchasing.