September 30, 2014 | 2063 users online

Eyeliner - Annabelle - Smudgeliner - Wired

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by liquidhonesty7

I had a love affair with MAC's eye kohl's until I discovered the lovely Annabelle smudgeliners. I currently own, wired, bronze, limette, and am lusting after armour.

Wired is a deep bronzey chocolate colour that I like to smudge under my eyes during the day. It looks fabulous at night too. This is my HG eyeliner. Beautiful and looks great with blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by amarock

Smudgeliner is a new-ish eyeliner in the Annabelle brand - I find the formulation is identical to their Smoothliner, but this eyeliner comes with a rubberized smudger at the end, and Smudgeliners typically are available in brighter, more fashion-forward colours compared to Smoothliners. This colour, "wired", is a great medium bronze shade with gorgeous subtle shimmer. This bronze shade works well for my NC30 skintone in that it's not too red or orange - other bronze colours tend to make me look like I've been crying. As with the Smoothliners, this eyeliner has fantastic pigmentation and lasting power. I apply this primarily to my lash line - it offers enough open time for smudging but then it does not budge even on my oily eyelids until I remove my eye makeup at night. The Smudgeliner retails for about $2 more than the Smoothliner (same amount of product 1.2g), and while it's nice to have the smudger on the liner, it's not essential. The main draw of the Smudgeliner versus Smoothliners is the colour selection of Smudgeliner is bigger, and offers more fun shimmery shades. Besides the Bronze, I also swatched "Armour" and "Purple Storm" - I think my next shade will be "Armour" (a mauve gunmetal colour). There are 12 colours in the regular collection (Annabelle also offers LE seasonal colours). The Smudgeliners retail for approx $8 CAD and I got this on sale for about $6 CAD at Pharma Plus (also available at SDM). Definitely recommend this, and would repurchase!