July 28, 2014 | 1719 users online

Conditioner - Clairol - Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by marimist

I'm usually flighty about shampoo and beauty products in general, and love to try new brands/lines, but this is the one conditioner I've returned to every time I'm out. It's the creamiest conditioner I've ever tried, even compared to the high-end lines. Some people may not like the thickness of it, but I find it smooths my hair extremely well even after I rinse it. The scent is wonderful feminine scent and stays on my hair for the day, you can definitely smell it, but it's not overpowering--I always receive compliments on the smell of my hair when a gust of wind blows! The only negative thing is that the large bottle is very hard to dispense after you get to about halfway through.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

I used this with the matching Tousle Me Softly shampoo one time... and one time is all it took for it to completely destroy my hair. Good Gosh is this stuff horrible. The shampoo is so miserably drying.. It feels like a clarifying shampoo on steroids.. and the conditioner aleviates the dryness only in the shower. Once my hair was dry, it looked and felt like I had just bleached it. It was a frizzy, rough, and awful dry texture. Hell NO I would never recommend this!!! I went back to my Tresemme Color Revitalize set and my hair is back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

if i use this without totally twisted, it would give big waves to my hair, but if i do use this after the totally twisted shampoo id have soft, volumized wavy hair :D so i love this :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This conditioner won't turn your hair out looking like a Pantene ad model's tousled coif. Or at least it doesn't me. YMMV. But it is a great little conditioner if you're just looking for some nice post shampoo slip and softness without heavy buildup. And that, for me, is usually hard to find. Lots of thin hair here that can go poofy flying without enough conditioner, but will also go flat with too much. This Tousle stuff is just perfect for daily use. Not too much, not too little. And it's cheap, smells nice, and doesn't leave all that waxy, silicony white goop in my shower drain. (What's up with that anyway? I can't imagine that's good for the pipes.) Plus I love the purple container!

I'll definitely buy another bottle when this one runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use many of the Herbal Essence conditioners and shampoos in rotation because of the different scents.
All of their conditioners, including this one, smell great and make my hair super soft. However, none of the conditioners really do what they promise, except for moisturize. For example, this one is for waves, and it really doesn't do anything different from the others. I still love it though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this conditioner because it doesnt over conditon my hair and weigh it down. The scent is OK, love the purple bottle and the lid being on the bottom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that the spout is on the bottom so you don't have to whack the bottle. The conditioner smells great and really softens my hair and gives it a lot of volume. Plus it's cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this conditioner as a leave in. I apply it after washing-conditioning-turbie towel drying then combing my hair. It smells so so good, makes my hair smooth and shiny. It tames it. I put between a dime/ quarter size in my hands and rub them together then work it into my hair avoiding the roots but concentrating on mid to ends, twirling the whole mass into a long curl. I wear a ponytail, and this makes my hair perfect. After applying you can even let it stay on your hands. Non greasy and again, the scent is divine. It actually makes a quick hand lotion. I always say if you can't use it on your skin don't put it in your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. Just like the shampoo, it smells AMAZING and reminds me of when I used this last summer. It does not wave or detangle, So I hardly ever use it, but it's a good product to make your hair smell amazing!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Herbal Essence's Tousle Me Softly Shampoo&Conditioner is a hair care duo that's supposed to give you soft, "imperfectly perfect" wavy hair. The shampoo is infused with wild violets and pomegranates, both of which I love. Herbal Essences claims their products are not tested on animals, but I've heard otherwise, so please do your own research and use at your own discretion. Herbal Essences products are made in the USA of US and Imported ingredients. This brand is widely available at drug and grocery stores, as well as stores like Ulta, Target, and more. I bought both the shampoo and conditioner for a combined prize of $5.89 at Rite Aid. Each bottle contains 12 fl oz of product.
I think the packaging is attractive. The shampoo bottle stands upright and is made of thinner, see through purple plastic with a green cap. The conditioner bottle is made of thicker, opaque, purple plastic and stands cap down. Both bottles feature the tagline "Any Way You Work it, it's Still Hot". The bottles have the same unique, wavy shape most Herbal Essence products do.
Both the shampoo and conditioner have the same scent, but it's stronger in the shampoo. Tousle Me Softly's scent notes include apricots, strawberries, pineapple, and violets, according to the website. I mostly pick up violets with a bit of strawberry. I can kinda pick up the apricot, but only in the conditioner. This is the kind of zesty floral-fruity scent that I love. It permeates the hair well without being overly strong, and the scent lasts a long time, sometimes a couple days.

The conditioner is a thick cream with an almost whipped texture. It's a little strange. I feel like I need a lot of this product to thoroughly coat my hair. On the back of the bottle, it claims to be a detangling conditioner, but it does nothing for my hair, which tends to matte and get knotted. However it does make my hair super soft and shiny.
I like this shampoo and conditioner set, but I have a question...what does it do? It doesn't make my hair anymore wavy than it already is (I have slight waves), nor does it make it any more wild or flippy like the commercial would lead you to believe. Then again I didn't use any of the styling products in tandem. I guess it adds a little bit of volume, but nothing extreme.
So I guess this shampoo doesn't really live up to it's claims, but nonetheless, its a good shampoo. My hair is soft, silky, healthy, and shiny after I use it. It also smells fantastic and keeps my hair clean for a couple of days. Herbal Essences is almost always on sale, or has a coupon out, so these shampoos and conditioners are usually a good value. Pick Tousle Me Softly up if you're looking for a fruity floral shampoo that gives a little bit of volume. If not, skip it. I won't be repurchasing it, in favor of Long Term Relationship, also by Herbal Essences, to continue my review series on their shampoo/conditioner line.