September 23, 2014 | 1389 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had never been particularly faithful to a basecoat; they all seemed pretty much the same. After Allure magazine named this Best in Beauty (2010) I decided to try it and itís been the only basecoat Iíve used since (I even gave my sister a bottle). While this is blue/green, it dries clear. It goes on smoothly, dries quickly, but with a slightly tacky finish to really grab the polish and keep it in place. Since using this basecoat Iíve never had major chips in my nails, even when Iíve bent my nail and I was sure the polish was going to chip or crack, it didnít. This basecoat extends the life of my polish by two or three days. The tips of the nails do wear down a little, but I donít think that can be prevented. My only complaint is that the brush doesnít reach the bottom of the bottle, so thereís always a ľ inch of basecoat that the brush canít reach. However, by the time I get that far down in the bottle the basecoat is old and starting to thicken does not apply as smoothly as it used to. I will keep buying this basecoat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by swordfern

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG base coat. It's easy to apply with a soft, comfortable brush. It applies in a thin layer that dries quickly to a tacky finish. Using this base coat, my polish lasts a minimum of 3 days before chips begin. With some combinations of this base coat with polish and top coat, I can get a full week out of a manicure. I have never noticed that the green tint comes thru on a manicure. I've used about a third of the bottle, and it hasn't become thickened yet whatsoever. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by BeckyWithaY

The best base coat I've ever used!
Rather than making the nails shiny after application and changing the way that polish is applied, the CND Stickey base coat truly is stickey! It does have a teal tint to the formula, but it dries clear. It dries with a slight stickiness that helps the polish adhere much stronger to the nail. It's a bit more pricey, but the quality is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

WOW! I love this stuff!! Dries super quick so you don't have to sit and wait to put your polish on like other base coats and your polish goes on smoothly without getting gunky...you know what I mean! I then put 2 coats of polish and apply a top coat. My color lasted a week! By day the best base coat out there!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've found this product does what it says. My problem is the green tint. I like wearing light or sheer colors. Stickey does show its tint and alters color (for me).
On the rare occasion I wear a dark or opaque color, Stickey definitely holds nail polish! I wish it was clear, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

This stuff is amazing. I had been using Nail Envy as a base coat for quite some time and I was tired of my nail polish not lasting like it used to when I used Orly Bonder. However, I remembered that Bonder made my nails peel, so I decided to try this instead... And I couldn't be happier! Finally my nail polish is lasting like it used to, and I'm not having to take off my nail polish two days after painting my nails. If you feel like you have lost the battle with nail polish, try this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Soo long story short I've been trying every base coat every treatment and nothing stops my chipping. I've resorted home acrylic and at home gel to use as a base because I can't stand chipping and I always want my nails to look a+ even though my job requires a lot of hands on. Let me tell u this is a holy F-ing grail. So far I went a WEEK with minor chip wear and NO CHIPS. I have over 700 nail polishes so it's important to me to always have my nails looking fab. I know everyone's chemistry is different however I highly reccomend this. I also use seche vite top coat. So far ive done two manis with Essie and now I'm trying it with china glaze. FYI. I'll do an update with all brands

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried many base coats from Seche Vite to Sally Hansen etc. I picked up CND Stickey on a whim at Ulta one day and I must say, it's a pretty good base coat. Some of my polishes last a little longer around 2-3 days but like any nail polish addict knows, not every base and top coat go well with every polish. I don't know if I'll repurchase because I like to try different base coats in hopes to find my absolute favorite but for now, I'll continue to use up my bottle. It does what it says and I'm good with that. It's not spectacular, but it gets the job done.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After doing a lot of research on base coats, I finally settled on buying the CND Stickey. The sheer green tint it has doesn't bother me at all & the texture does feel sticky compared to normal polishes. I haven't noticed my nail polish lasting longer from the use of CND, but I can't expect too much... but it was a let down nonetheless. I was fine with the product (I rarely encounter a truly HORRIBLE nail product; they're all the same) until it dried up. I still have 1/3 of a bottle left, which makes me mad, considering it wasn't a cheap Wet 'n Wild polish. I've had much older bottles of nail polish from Revlon that are still doing perfectly fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a total gamechanger for me. I wear manicures on my natural nails for a week on average since I started using this. Yes, all nail polishes work differently with different people's body chemistry, but this is one I hear a lot of good things about from a lot of people. It is a rubberized base coat, which makes your nail polish stick to your nail better. Personally, I use it over a treatment, but under color. It can also be used alone as a base without a treatment under it, but I like to use a treatment on my nails and I find that it still works well with a single layer of treatment under it. It is the same idea as Orly Bonder, but I like the color of this better and you can get the big salon bottles of it on Amazon for fairly cheap. I go through a lot of this, since I use it with every mani so, while I definitely suggest buying a small bottle to try it, if you like it you're going to want to buy the 2.5 ounce bottles, which you can pour into the small bottle if you keep it clean and thinned. As the name suggests, with use and evaporation this polish will literally get sticky and stringy, but if you regularly add a few drops of nail polish thinner you'll be good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No