April 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Soo long story short I've been trying every base coat every treatment and nothing stops my chipping. I've resorted home acrylic and at home gel to use as a base because I can't stand chipping and I always want my nails to look a+ even though my job requires a lot of hands on. Let me tell u this is a holy F-ing grail. So far I went a WEEK with minor chip wear and NO CHIPS. I have over 700 nail polishes so it's important to me to always have my nails looking fab. I know everyone's chemistry is different however I highly reccomend this. I also use seche vite top coat. So far ive done two manis with Essie and now I'm trying it with china glaze. FYI. I'll do an update with all brands

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried many base coats from Seche Vite to Sally Hansen etc. I picked up CND Stickey on a whim at Ulta one day and I must say, it's a pretty good base coat. Some of my polishes last a little longer around 2-3 days but like any nail polish addict knows, not every base and top coat go well with every polish. I don't know if I'll repurchase because I like to try different base coats in hopes to find my absolute favorite but for now, I'll continue to use up my bottle. It does what it says and I'm good with that. It's not spectacular, but it gets the job done.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After doing a lot of research on base coats, I finally settled on buying the CND Stickey. The sheer green tint it has doesn't bother me at all & the texture does feel sticky compared to normal polishes. I haven't noticed my nail polish lasting longer from the use of CND, but I can't expect too much... but it was a let down nonetheless. I was fine with the product (I rarely encounter a truly HORRIBLE nail product; they're all the same) until it dried up. I still have 1/3 of a bottle left, which makes me mad, considering it wasn't a cheap Wet 'n Wild polish. I've had much older bottles of nail polish from Revlon that are still doing perfectly fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a total gamechanger for me. I wear manicures on my natural nails for a week on average since I started using this. Yes, all nail polishes work differently with different people's body chemistry, but this is one I hear a lot of good things about from a lot of people. It is a rubberized base coat, which makes your nail polish stick to your nail better. Personally, I use it over a treatment, but under color. It can also be used alone as a base without a treatment under it, but I like to use a treatment on my nails and I find that it still works well with a single layer of treatment under it. It is the same idea as Orly Bonder, but I like the color of this better and you can get the big salon bottles of it on Amazon for fairly cheap. I go through a lot of this, since I use it with every mani so, while I definitely suggest buying a small bottle to try it, if you like it you're going to want to buy the 2.5 ounce bottles, which you can pour into the small bottle if you keep it clean and thinned. As the name suggests, with use and evaporation this polish will literally get sticky and stringy, but if you regularly add a few drops of nail polish thinner you'll be good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

This is one of the very few products that DOES live up to the hype! I almost always have acrylic nails on my fingers, or press-ons. But I dislike people touching my feet, so I like to do my pedi myself. Now, my problem is that on my toes nail polish either chips off or peels off in the shower within a day. So, I decided to buy a bottle of Stickey since I'd heard so much about the "stickey sandwich" method. It's not clear, it's green, but doesn't stain your polish. I chose a China Glaze blue (bahamian escape) did the stickey sandwich and finished off with Seche Vite topcoat. It's been nearly 13 days and I have just the tiniest little chip on my toe! NO peeling/lifting or any other chips! Never ever in my life has a nail polish lasted this long on me! I will never be without a bottle of stickey now, it's now essential for my pedicures. CND products are amazing - they are a professional, high-standard company after all! Best of all they're relatively inexpensive, I bought my bottle for only £5.40.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really think that this base coat made my polish last longer. Usually i use a treatment base coat and my polish will start "lifting" from the sides on the second day :( With this, my mani looks fine on the third day although i do have to reapply the top coat to maintain the glossy look.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by smittycar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

MEH. I don't know why they made it green? It's shows through pale nail polish on "sticky" sandwich! It gets thick 1/2 way through. Not sure it helps polish adhere any longer than usual. Just "ok".

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I hate this. It does not make my manicures last. I put this under 2 coats of usually OPI polish and my seche vite topcoat and it makes my nail polish peel off. I know that this is the fault of stickey as it doesn't happen when I don't use it. Also if I don't use the seche vite topcoat when I use this basecoat then my manicure will not dry at all.
Such a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I swear by this product and highly recommend this if you are in need of a truly adhesive forming base coat for your mani/pedi's. I have gotten high mileage out of nearly every nail polish I apply on this, with the exception of Essie polish, Penny Talk in particular. Do try this, you will not be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Perlino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This base coat is amazing. My manicures last 7 days without chipping. I would definitely recommend and repurchase.