Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

4.3

Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Butyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Ispropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 2/8/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this and feel no need to try another brand. I love how quickly it dries and the brush is absolute perfection for me. The product has a watery consistency and only needs thinning at the very end of the bottle. I also like the relatively clean ingredients list and the smell isn't overpowering. The lid comes off easily too and it never bubbles.

on 11/23/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Great base coat, dried very fast, sticks with nail polish color very well. Good price.
However, it is so bright green and it does show greenish film on my nails if I wear it alone or use very light nail polish. Not sure why they made it green?!
UPDATE: Omg, this base coat stained my nails yellowish green. Disgusting!!!

on 9/16/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had never been particularly faithful to a basecoat; they all seemed pretty much the same. After Allure magazine named this Best in Beauty (2010) I decided to try it and itís been the only basecoat Iíve used since (I even gave my sister a bottle). While this is blue/green, it dries clear. It goes on smoothly, dries quickly, but with a slightly tacky finish to really grab the polish and keep it in place. Since using this basecoat Iíve never had major chips in my nails, even when Iíve bent my nail and I was sure the polish was going to chip or crack, it didnít. This basecoat extends the life of my polish by two or three days. The tips of the nails do wear down a little, but I donít think that can be prevented. My only complaint is that the brush doesnít reach the bottom of the bottle, so thereís always a ľ inch of basecoat that the brush canít reach. However, by the time I get that far down in the bottle the basecoat is old and starting to thicken does not apply as smoothly as it used to. I will keep buying this basecoat.

on 8/18/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG base coat. It's easy to apply with a soft, comfortable brush. It applies in a thin layer that dries quickly to a tacky finish. Using this base coat, my polish lasts a minimum of 3 days before chips begin. With some combinations of this base coat with polish and top coat, I can get a full week out of a manicure. I have never noticed that the green tint comes thru on a manicure. I've used about a third of the bottle, and it hasn't become thickened yet whatsoever. Great product!

on 7/28/2014 7:28:00 PM

The best base coat I've ever used!
Rather than making the nails shiny after application and changing the way that polish is applied, the CND Stickey base coat truly is stickey! It does have a teal tint to the formula, but it dries clear. It dries with a slight stickiness that helps the polish adhere much stronger to the nail. It's a bit more pricey, but the quality is worth it!

on 6/8/2014 4:23:00 PM

WOW! I love this stuff!! Dries super quick so you don't have to sit and wait to put your polish on like other base coats and your polish goes on smoothly without getting gunky...you know what I mean! I then put 2 coats of polish and apply a top coat. My color lasted a week! By day the best base coat out there!!!!!

on 6/3/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've found this product does what it says. My problem is the green tint. I like wearing light or sheer colors. Stickey does show its tint and alters color (for me).
On the rare occasion I wear a dark or opaque color, Stickey definitely holds nail polish! I wish it was clear, though.

on 5/7/2014 6:50:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I had been using Nail Envy as a base coat for quite some time and I was tired of my nail polish not lasting like it used to when I used Orly Bonder. However, I remembered that Bonder made my nails peel, so I decided to try this instead... And I couldn't be happier! Finally my nail polish is lasting like it used to, and I'm not having to take off my nail polish two days after painting my nails. If you feel like you have lost the battle with nail polish, try this!

on 2/7/2014 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Soo long story short I've been trying every base coat every treatment and nothing stops my chipping. I've resorted home acrylic and at home gel to use as a base because I can't stand chipping and I always want my nails to look a+ even though my job requires a lot of hands on. Let me tell u this is a holy F-ing grail. So far I went a WEEK with minor chip wear and NO CHIPS. I have over 700 nail polishes so it's important to me to always have my nails looking fab. I know everyone's chemistry is different however I highly reccomend this. I also use seche vite top coat. So far ive done two manis with Essie and now I'm trying it with china glaze. FYI. I'll do an update with all brands

on 11/16/2013 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

I've tried many base coats from Seche Vite to Sally Hansen etc. I picked up CND Stickey on a whim at Ulta one day and I must say, it's a pretty good base coat. Some of my polishes last a little longer around 2-3 days but like any nail polish addict knows, not every base and top coat go well with every polish. I don't know if I'll repurchase because I like to try different base coats in hopes to find my absolute favorite but for now, I'll continue to use up my bottle. It does what it says and I'm good with that. It's not spectacular, but it gets the job done.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products