September 21, 2014 | 1903 users online

Moisturizers - Kate Somerville - Oil Free Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Foxyfox1

I have combination oily skin. It is not sensitive skin. This stuff is amazing! It feels like I'm applying a refreshing cloud to my to face when I apply this. It is very light and smooth and goes on like silk. That's where the compliments end. I just started using moisturizers and the sephora moisturizer would give me daily compliments on my skin (and I don't even like the moisturizer). I have recieved no compliments on my skin in the last two weeks, but then again it could be because people are used to a better complexion from me so take this past comment with a grain of salt. If this was 30 dollars instead of 65 I would buy. since it's not in air tight concealer when you use it, some of the ingredients will lose their effectiveness.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mintygreen02

the other day i woke up with little bumps of acne on my forhead, i can get acne in other places on my face but i usually NEVER have acne on my forhead. i don't stick to just one regimen so some nights i would use other moisturizers, but i was using this one 3 or 4 nights in a row until i noticed it was this so i stopped using it and id use the eradikate acne treatment(the glass bottle with pink solution ) and my acne went away. maybe that product was intended to cause mild acne/cystic so that people have to buy other skin care products like the acne line they have to rid of the acne that was caused by the oil free moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by feistydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't think it's made for people with sensitive skin. I got cystic acne from using Kate product. Will never repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at the reviews here for this product. I really do think it's a fantastic moisturiser for combo/oily skin. The product literally just absorbs into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue which a lot of people with oily skin really fear. You only need a small amount and with using this twice a day it lasted me around 8 months. It doesn't have any particular smell or at least I've used it so much I just don't take any notice. Packaging is great because you can control how much you're using. It is pretty expensive although I get a 40% discount. I'm onto my second tub!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by abbyfxx

I absolutely hate to love this product! I got this in a sample jar and I was so sad when I ran out. I'm not use to paying $60+ for skin care but I just had to. I have very oily skin on my T-Zone and it's sensitive. This stuff hydrates without making it overly oily and it makes my dry cheeks feel so soft. I love using this after I use Exfolikate and her Daily Detox Cleanser. I'm in love! The only down fall is the price, but it's so amazing it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by xxjinxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The good thing about this moisturizer is that it definitely controls oil. I have extremely oily skin so by no means did this moisturizer keep me matte all day, but I noticed a big difference in terms of the number of times I had to blot my face throughout the day. Usually, I need to blot every hour but when I used this moisturizer, I really only needed to blot maybe once every 4 to 5 hours.

However!! this product broke me out. When I started using it, I saw tiny pimples forming but hoped it wasn't the moisturizer because it controlled my oil so well and I thought I'd finally found my HG moisturizer. The breakouts started to get worse so unfortunately, I had to stop using this product.

The product goes on the skin very smoothly and it kind of feels like you're wearing a primer, but maybe it's this sort of film that causes breakouts? Not sure, but I'm tempted to try it out again based solely on its oil-controlling properties.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by mdaustin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really wanted to like this after seeing great reviews on other sites. It goes on smooth, which is nice, but it didn't do anything special for me. At this price a moisturizer should do more than something you can buy in a drug store.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by samanthalyn713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this with my favorite KS spot treatment(eradikate) a while ago. It was sitting in tbe back of my drawer collecting dust so i decided to give it a try. It felt super silky and smooth to apply and my makeup went on so beautiful and flawless. I decided I needed to get the full size ASAP... However, at the end of the day I noticed FOUR new pimples :( I didn't use anything new or different. I continued with my normal skincare regimen and used my spot treatment on the breakouts and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up and felt a cystic pimple starting to form on my chin- and I NEVER get them! This really broke me out and I won't be purchasing the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually like this moisturizer, which is saying something because I usually hate everything I try on my skin. At first I was unsure, but after using it for over a month I've grown fond of it. The smell is just horrific; it's like spoiled milk. I was literally even debating using it because of the horrible smell. But, I've gotten used tot that. I like the texture and how you barely have to use and product to cover the whole face. It moisturizes very nicely and helps a little bit with my oily face, but not much. I've tried SO many oil reducing products, and none of them work, so I've decided that I just have an oily face and have to deal with it. This is a great moisturizer though, and worth the money. Even Taylor Swift uses it, although I loathe her.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Mila422

This came in the blemish banisher kit from sephora. I loved the smell and texture initiallly, but then the consistency became very sticky and goopy after about a week, it was very strange. I also did not find that it was moisturizing enough especially if you use it with their detox cleanser. I ended up returning the whole kit.