Bobbi Brown Gel liner Sapphire

on 3/2/2010 11:48:00 PM

LOVE this eyeliner -- and I'm not even much of a blue eye makeup person. I have brown eyes, and blue normally isn't the most flattering of colors for me. But this deep, shimmery blue is very flattering and such a gorgeous shade of midnight/sapphire blue that you can imagine. Long wearing and doesn't smudge. This color and Graphite Shimmer Ink are two of my favorites out of all of my eyeliners.

on 8/16/2009 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Since my ongoing quest for more subdued color on my eyes is still hotly pursued, I found this gem. Sapphire gel liner. AUUUU. It is magnificently rich and the blue sapphire is not bright and ott, but subtle and brings out all the colors in my eyes -- hey, I even noticed some orange flecks! Well.. I married it and will love and cherish it until it dries out.

Anyway, I have the BB gel liners in black, sepia, black plum which are also fantastic colors.. this is just a new addition to a very happy clan. The blue is not overtly shimmery but just a tad to give eyes some sparkle. I use it with BB shimmer ES in Sapphire and some rocking lips and that's it. It is a fantastic summer eye. For fall I will be doing some very neutral eyes with this for a liner and I think it will be great.

I compared the Lancome Indigo to this before I purchased.. and found the texture and color to be very lacking. Indigo felt drier and the color was similar but more intense which is not something I wanted at my age.

This lights up eyes and I think will work with any eye color. It is easy to work with, and waterproof. Love it!