December 19, 2014 | 831 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sonia Kashuk - Metal Eyelash Comb

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by diepset1

When I get clumps from a mascara I don't really like all that much or if my lashes are sticking together, I use this metal lash comb and just slowly comb out the clumps or stickiness and all is well. I got this gadget recently, so I have the new design. It is black and sleek and it's about the size of a standard flash drive. Sonia Kashuk is written on it and there are two pull out tabs that reveal the lash comb and then the brow comb. I haven't used the brow comb, but I have used the lash comb. You have to be careful with it because poking your eye with the metal lash comb would really hurt. It just works really well and makes my lashes look excellent even if the mascara I am using is not so excellent. It's important to wipe off any excess mascara on the lash comb to keep it clean and pristine. I thought about buying Tweezerman's lash comb, but this was much cheaper and I like Sonia Kashuk products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by agirlwithcakedupmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favorite lash comb but I loved the old design better! I usually just use a spooly so the brush side is kind of useless for me and the original was just a lash comb with no brush.
The comb is very sharp and really gets in between each of your eyelashes to comb out any clumps or mistakes.
I like that the comb folds over so it's easy to keep them around without worrying about getting accidently punctured by it but i do wish the plastic hinge felt a little more sturdy. All in all I will repurchase this lash comb again because it's the best one i've found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by inehima

I recently purchased this comb and boy am I glad I did! I don't know how I ever walked out of the house without this! It helps to separate my lashes and better yet, remove any clumpiness from mascara! The design of this is pretty simple, one side for lashes and the other to groom your brows both of which fold in; the brow brush doesn't seem particularly useful though since the brushes feel pretty stiff. So far, its construction seems sturdy.

I definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have both models of Sonia Kashuk's eyelash combs. I think I ended up buying the newer one because I temporarily lost the old one. Both are really good quality for value.
The first one is silver/gray plastic with sharp metal prongs. It folds in half to protect the prongs (and your fingers). It works really well, but don't uses it in a moving vehicle. Mine is super old and it still works.
The newest version is the one with white plastic with 2 fold in clips (metal prongs with rounded tips on one side and a flat eyebrow brush on the other). I like that they rounded the tip on the prongs. They're really easy to clean, just wipe with a tissue after each use. I have had one prong pull out when I was cleaning it, but it popped right back in. No problems after. Perfect lash separation every time. I hardly use the brow side. When I have, it does a decent job I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by LCTmakeupTime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite eyelash comb. I can not live without this tool. I used the comb to seperate and get clumps out after applying mascara. It has very fine metal comb that gets into the lashes perfectly, though you do have to be careful because the tip of the teeth is sharp, that's why it works so nice. I do wish it comes in other colors besides white, as white tends to get dirty. Other then that I love this tool and it works wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this product twice. The first one lasted for years without breaking. I think the first one broke and the brush end fell off. It was pretty good quality. I carried it daily in my purse inside my makeup bag.
The brush end is good for combing eyebrows and the metal end is good for separating eyelash mascara clumps. I apply coats of mascara and then while it's still wet, comb and separate. I am pretty happy with this product and would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sltess

Three problems for me: 1) The tines are sooo close together that it's like my lashes can't even get in between them. 2) Probably because of the first problem, mascara sticks fiercely to this comb - if you don't wash it with soap after every use, you won't get it through your lashes next time. 3) It broke. Quickly. For me it was the hinges. For now I've just been using fingernails instead and haven't searched for a replacement.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this lash comb for about 6 years now. Mine is so old it was the one they first had, with only the metal comb side and not the bristles. LOVE this tool!! Maybe the quality isn't as good on the new ones but I've never had to replace mine. With that said, I would repurchase if mine ever breaks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Wow. I haven't written a review about this!? So my over all rating is a 4. Lets start with the positives:
-it has a metal eyelash comb instead of plastic which makes it easier to comb through the lashes
-the other side is a brush to brush though brows
-you can open one or both sides
Now with the cons:
-metal eyelash comb means you can stab your eye (which I've done once- ouch!)
-I've actually had two of these over the years because the first one broke. The little bit of plastic keeping the metal eyelash comb in just broke one day. So I had to replace it (which is why the package quality rating for this is a 3 from me)
-I don't use the brush side at all
-this gets dirty and it's hard to clean it
Now lets see the alternatives:
-Tweezerman (~$11 but doesn't have brush side & I've only seen it online at Sally Beauty Supply store)
-Ulta (exact same thing but for $6 & they even have one that is like a make-up brush style- long handle with one side being the comb & the other being bristles)
-Sephora ($5 exactly like the Sonia Kashuk one but clear)
So if you ladies can't get to a Target or afford to spend the $10 but have a spare $5-6 there are alternatives :)
I did put a "no" for re-buying this for two reasons. The first is that I've had the "new" (2nd) one for about 3yrs now and it hasn't broke. The other is that if it does break I'm not shelling out another $10. I'm heading to Ulta/Sephora instead for their $5-6 ones.
Okay I just went to clean this for the first time in a while (I've cleaned it before fyi). I took some oil to clean it up and I gently went around the metal comb. Well I had some "needles" from the metal comb fall out. Yeah. I'm lowering my review from a 4 to a 2. These aren't well made and I'm not shelling out $10 more for another one that'll fall apart again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by butterflyashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love the metal side of this brush. I was looking for a good lash comb when I saw the good reviews on here and I'm glad I didn't splurge on a Tweezerman; this does its job perfectly, and it was only $4-5 when I bought it, compared to $15 for the Tweezerman. Perfect for people like me who tend to use clumpier mascaras. I've been using this for a good 3 years and I haven't had problems with it breaking, and the hinges haven't loosened at all.