October 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze in Lasting Shimmer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this color. It looks perfect when I wear it with my Wet N Wild Mega Last Matte Lipstick in "Bare It All". It's a nudey/peachy/ goldish undertone color. Super pretty, but oh my gosh...the smell and taste is HORRIBLE. It's seriously like a bucket of chemicals and burnt rubber. Blah. I usually don't really care what a lipstick/lipgloss smell like, but this is seriously putrid. It sucks because it's such a nice color. It doesn't have good lasting power. I got this for 2$ on sale, and I can see why.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by katiebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! It was recommended to use on my wedding day (April just gone) by my makeup artist!

When I first saw the tube I thought it was going to be a gold colour - how I was wrong! It went on as a nude colour with great shimmer! Perfect with the rest of my makeup which was very glam - rich dark eye makeup!

I would definatelty buy this again. The only issue I have is that you do need to make sure your lips are exfoliated well and moisturised otherwise it shows up the cracks it your lips - but then again thats with any lipgloss or lipstick!

I wear this everyday! Great with smoky dark eyes and bronzed skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Another great lipglaze.Nude-peachy color.Perfect over brown lipcolors.One of my favorites!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Pauline021

this is a lip gloss that i got bored of easily...it doesnt give lips that wow glassy shine, but it has SOME shine n shimmer..the color is a light shimmery peach which would look better on tan skin tones with a shimmery bronzer..the price was about $8 which isnt too cheap n the bottle is whatever..nice shade , long lasting and its good that its mineral, but after a few hrs it gives a plastic-y feel, smell, and taste. not re-purchasing..and seeps into lip lines after a few mins

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by epaton

This is just a beautiful, beautiful color!!!
Super pretty.

Fantastic if you are wearing a dramatic or dark eye as this is fairly neutral.

My fav gloss for a night out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this gloss. It is almost colorless, nothing peachy about it. If anything it is a beige-nude, but almost clear with lots of shimmer. It is thick and stays put better than most glosses. Do not put it into the corners of your lips.
Of course it's going to clump up there. Keep it on the middle third of the lips. It is super versatile. I layer it over Revlon Superlustrous lipstick Champagne on Ice, a beautiful nude shade. Gorgeous!
I am over fifty and this looks awesome on me.
It is also great over Revlon Superlustrous Softsilver Red lipstick.
It's beautiful and soft, a great nude daytime gloss that adds shine and soft
diffused shimmer. Got it on sale too this week at Walgreens for around
$4.00. Sweet.
EDIT: I have had this on for one hour now and can no longer stand the taste and smell. I am not one to mind a scented or flavored lipgloss or lipstick, nothing has bothered me before. But this is totally intolerable.
It is a very strong foul moldy taste and smell that is sickening and overpowering. Very disappointed! No I can't buy any more of these and this will be thrown out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

At first when I bought this I was afraid the color was too light. It's a lot of shimmer for a gloss, but if you apply a little it works.

It's not sticky and pretty long lasting (for a gloss). It has a weird sweet smell, but I'm used to glosses like that.

I REALLY want to try some darker colors since these are definitely more sheer than the Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipsticks!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by busterchico

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just loveREvlons' Color-Stay Mineral Lipglazes. But this color washed me copletely out. When applied, it has a very pale gold glimmer. On its own- I looked like i had no lips, over a darker true lipstick, it was a nice little bit of glimmer. But I require more from my products. Don't hate it, and I can see it looking great on a much younger woman, preferably with a tan!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mishika8487

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've recently gotten into these glosses and I am quite pleased! I think they key is to apply in thin layers. This is a light champagne colored frost on my lips - it's a lot more pigemented than I thought! Score! I got this to kinda "seal" my nude lipsticks when I wear them. I like that's it's quite - you can use it to get a subtle shimmer/shine on your lips, or, you can build it to get a very nude look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I thought this product was very nice. I have yellow under tone skin with dark hair and pigmented lips.

PROS: (1) diffuses my dark lips to give me a golden peach glow with frost finish. One think layer is enough to look fantastic. (2) 2 coats give me an opaque finish. The colour becomes more peachy gold with gentle frost finish. (3) true to the colour stay name, wears long, can last as long as 2 hours at a time if your not eating or drinking. (4) pleasant scent. I'm not sure how to describe it, it is much lik-e sweet lemons and vanilla.

CONS: (1) without lip balm this will dry out my lips and crack. (2) if lips are already dry or if there are many lines on ones lips, this product will emphasize them. (3) when it starts to wear off it can start to look blotchy/caked. Use lip balm before applying this product!

TIP: acts as an incredible base for Bourjois Effect 3D Cosmic 41 Brun Magic. Makes lips look glossy and glittery.

I won't be repurchasing not because I didn't enjoy it, but I am ready to move on to a new look. I had a good time with this product, but like a 'typical girl' I'm still looking for the next best thing. I imagine this colour would look especially good on someone with a great tan and bronzer who wants to appear sun kissed.

Happy Shopping