August 22, 2014 | 951 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Chagrin Valley - whipped shea butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the Lavender Geranium version. I initially only used it on my body because the EO in this made the smell very strong, and I was afraid the high concentration of lavender EO would irritate my skin. But then I got a pretty bad sunburn, which was later aggravated by windburn (I'm such a genius, I know), I thought, eff it, I doubt this can get any worse. And I'm so glad I did.

The whipped shea is very creamy and smooth, and melts right down to your skin. The smell is pretty strong, but it hasn't irritated my eyes or my skin. In fact, whenever I have a patch of angry skin, this helps a lot. I've even spot treated with it during the day because of that. You will look like a hyper shinny disco ball at first, but the butter definitely absorbs, it won't stay on top of your skin all day. It takes a while thought, and I don't have that much time in the morning, which is why it's not my main moisturiser. I positively smear my face in this at night (and it only takes a teeny tiny bit to do that, because it's THAT emollient) and wake up with fresh, moist, plump and incredibly smooth skin. I want to try out all the other versions now :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is glorious. I have the Earth Blend and feel like I am anointing myself with ancient holy oils or something whenever I use it. It smells SO good and works SO well that I am going through it fast, just because it's so pleasurable to use that I apply unnecessarily! It's very strongly scented, though...I think they have an unscented version which is always ignored in my personal shopping experience...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product! I got sample pots of Lavender Geranium & Earth Blend. Both scents are lovely : ) Both have lavender and the lavender scent is real not fake because they use EO not FO : ) I love that this butter sinks in and is very moisturising. I use it on dry body parts and as an eye cream in winter. The scent doesn't linger that long so it's ok for face. Haven't seen any sign of milia yet either.

I'm sure I'll be ordering the larger sizes in both scents after the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This is HG grade! Rub it into any dry areas on your skin. It feels greasy at first, then SINKS into the skin, feeling so silky smooth. I have never experienced anything like this before!

I love it, will try Earth Blend scent next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 6:44:00 AM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this as a hand cream all summer and plan to use it as a body cream this winter. It is thick, rich, and
affordable. It's a vegan product,

Ingredients: *Unrefined Virgin Shea Butter; Avocado Butter; Calendula Infused Grapeseed Oil, Jojoba Oil; Wheat Germ Oil; Vitamin E oil; Jojoba wax; and Organic Cornstarch.

The only scent is shea, which quickly dissipates. After an overnight's use, your skin is already smoother and with continued used skin's water barrier (and therefor health) definitely improve. I like this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No