August 23, 2014 | 1842 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Eyelash Primer Potion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Ready to Wear Lash Extension, which is kinda messy but gives incredible results. I decided to try UD's Eyelash Primer Potion because it seemed like a less messy alternative. It goes on neatly& easily, just like a normal mascara. But since they decided to make this stuff WHITE, it is very difficult to cover it all up. I feel like I have to use twice as much mascara just to cover all the whiteness. I think it does add length & thickness but then again, that may just be due to the 60 coats of mascara I have to apply just so I can get all the white covered up! I have tried this with several different mascaras, & I have the same issue every time.
I'm not sure why they don't make this in black, it would be a lot less frustrating to use. But even if they did, I'd still rather use my RTW Lash Extension. It's just a better product, even if it is a little messy.
The only thing this may be good for is brightening colored mascaras. Although I tried it with Maybelline's Vision in Violet & it scarcely made a difference. But I think that goes more to the crap quality of the mascara than the primer.
If I find a way to make this work, I'll update my review, but right now there is no way I'd buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it is just me but I never have a problem with my mascara not staying on long. This in my opinion is pointless! Don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Aramisse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I try to buy products that are not tested on animals, so my options are limited when it comes to makeup. UD is one of these companies that makes interesting, hip, quality products that do not make rabbits sad. As I already liked their Potion eye primer, I gave a try to the lash primer.

This is the first time I use this type of product. So far, I am very happy with it, but again I have no point of comparison. The fake lash effect is certainly there, but you need to use a little comb on the lashes, otherwise the whole thing looks rather clumpy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lash primers: only Dior's lash primer serum can beat it. I get serious length, thickness and increased wear whenever I apply this under my mascara. For the best results, you need to comb the primer to separate the lashes, then immediately apply mascara, so you should do one eye at a time: primer, than mascara. It works well under any type of mascara--in fact, the white primer can help colored mascaras really stand out. Removing it can be tough whether using regular or waterproof mascara on top--I have to let oil/makeup remover sit on the lashes for a minute to break it down so it'll come off. The cost is a bit high but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Jamie114

I bought this products when my Origins lash primer ran out, which I loved. I always like something new so I wanted to try this. It is very thick and you have to apply mascara right after you apply. I found that since a lot comes off, I had to wipe the brush onto the opening of the container to get some off or else you will see the white residue. This dosent really work well with all mascaras, but it does work well with ones that give more thickness, and if you want length, apply it like a mascara then when applying mascara, get the very tip of your lashes, they will lengthen. Also, make sure you get this product at the base of your lashes for full satisfaction!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by JessPotter

This primer is awful. I'm pretty sure that mine was used in the store by someone, even though it was in the packaging. Besides that, it makes your eyelashes totally white, which is NOT attractive. It is sooooooooo hard to cover up all of that white with mascara, especially since the formula is so wet. If it was clear, that would be a different story. This is going back to Sephora. What a waste of my $20!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by AnasBeautySide

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Love this Primer! I find it amazing as long as you apply a very thin coat of it on your lashes... and very quickly after apply your mascara! You have to make sure your mascara is very black and not grey tinge... a way you can do this is either to put some on a white surface and put a very very black paint next to it and a grey tinged black paint next to it and see what one it is more similar to! Or if it has a name make sure it is called something like blackest black or jet black not black/brown... It tends to work better with either UD products or high end products... no Miss Sporty or Ulta... I love it and really need to purchase another soon since i am running out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my third tube of this primer and still really like it. It makes my lashes look like fake ones, but not too over the top. I usually only apply one coat of the primer and then immediately apply mascara afterwards; I've found this method to bring the best results. If I wait to apply my mascara I find my lashes tend to clump. If I apply more than one coat of primer, I find it harder to hide the whiteness of the primer on my lashes. The one issue I have with this product is that a lot of primer tends to come out on the brush when I pull it out of the tube; you have to make sure you scrape the excess product off of the brush before applying it to your lashes, or your lashes will stick together and appear clumpy. Otherwise, I think this lash primer is great and will likely continue to buy it. I've also used Clinique, Lancome, and MAC's lash primers and like the UD one much better, as it actually makes a significant difference in the appearance of my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MsDZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find that this works best when I don't wait too long between applying the primer and then applying mascara. I have never had a problem with the white showing through. It adds extra volume and fullness to my regular mascara. I have used it with a variety of mascaras and found it to work best with high end mascaras (BeneFit Bad Gal, Clinique, Estee Lauder) as opposed to CoverGirl, Ulta, etc. I think that probably says more about the mascara quality than the primer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by bjeansanders

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this primer! It makes my lashes look 100% better. My only issue with all mascara primers is that they don't make them in black--only white so you have to add mascara on those days you don't really need it.