January 31, 2015 | 968 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Caviar in Midnight

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Coebags

I saw this in the sale and purchased it for 9, making it half price. I'm not sure about this liner because it seems difficult to get any product on the lash line, when I wet the brush I had more success but I thinj you thoroughly need to swirl a wet brush around in it otherwise it is just like eyeshadow. Having said all of that, IT DOES NOT BUDGE! I struggle with eyeliner / mascara smearing around my under eyes but this doesn't, the only one that I've tried ( and I've tried a lot ) that doesn't move. I think it just takes time to figure out how to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

Stays on the eyes for the whole day ( which is very important for me), however it takes time to apply it nicely, so I don't think I will repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by adeglass

would I buy this product again? FRIG YES!!! I was scoping through the LM and stuff and noticed that the rating on this was low. I have been using this for the past 3 years, I am a makeup artist and I will tell you that I think this is amazing. I can make it look smoky and a perfect pigment rich, cat's eye in one. And it lasts! I cannot explain what an ingenious product it is. I also have in the chestnut but I found the pigment in that isn't as rich. I am going to get the black one next. The midnight shade however is perfect if you want dark and defined but not too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by cackers

I love this liner. It is really versitile as it can be used wet for a more defined line or dry for a more subtle smokey eye. I use it with the Laura Mercier smokey eye brush which is a great brush to create a thin flicked line. I wet the brush and rub it in the product then apply close to the eyelashes, after a couple of minutes I use a slightly thicker brush (Bobbi Brown ultra fine eye liner brush) to dab some of the liner over the top dry to give a more subtle look for the day. Lots of people have commented on how it brings out my eyes so I would throughly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by sagew

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this free with as a gift with purchase and the MA told me that I needed to apply it dry using the LM Smokey E/L brush. I didn't want to purchase the brush, simply because I didn't need another brush! When I first tried it at home I used my LM flat e/l brush dry and it did not work well at all. I just couldn't get enough product on the brush. BUT, when I wet my brush it worked GREAT. I really like it now and I am so glad I didn't get talked into buying yet another eyeliner brush that I didn't need!! The Midnight color is also very nice. Since I just started using this I didn't want to give it a 5 rating. I will update later.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't say I love this like I love the black. This doesn't smudge out to the smokey line that the black does, nor does this look like the deep navy/black i was hoping for. The color is too denim-blue when smudged, not black enough, and for $22 I'd expect a prettier, more sophisticated shade of navy. Lined it doesn't show up as a deep navy either. The staying power didn't compare to the black either. I will blend this color over some other liners to add a blue depth, but thats more just so I feel like the color isn't just sitting there unused. Not worth the purchase and certainly would not repurchase. Disappointed cause I love LM.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by emluken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

**see my review for Chestnut, too**

The Midnight Caviar Eye Liner comes by itself in a small mirrored compact. It's not a powder, more like a thick cream. The website says that they now pop out to go into the customizable 3- or 6-well compacts, but I bought mine before the redesign. Midnight is a dark blue. I think it looks very elegant and like to put this on when black would be too harsh and dark purple too trendy.

My favorite way to apply this is with a damp, angled eyeliner brush. It goes on super smoothly and precisely and lasts all day. You can leave it as a precise line or smoke it out with a stiff brush. This eyeliner works really well on the lower waterline, too. No smudging, running, irritation or fading!

$22 is on the expensive side for eyeliner, but this lasts forever. I've also purchased this in chestnut, and look forward to buying black, too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is absolutely gorgeous, a very dark blue/black shade. However, I will not purchase this product again because it's very hard to use. I used it both wet and dry and just couldn't get any pigment/color for the life of me to line my lids. I even used 2 different brushes. I will stick to using Bobbi Brown shadows as my liner.