April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Caviar in Midnight

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

Stays on the eyes for the whole day ( which is very important for me), however it takes time to apply it nicely, so I don't think I will repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by adeglass

would I buy this product again? FRIG YES!!! I was scoping through the LM and stuff and noticed that the rating on this was low. I have been using this for the past 3 years, I am a makeup artist and I will tell you that I think this is amazing. I can make it look smoky and a perfect pigment rich, cat's eye in one. And it lasts! I cannot explain what an ingenious product it is. I also have in the chestnut but I found the pigment in that isn't as rich. I am going to get the black one next. The midnight shade however is perfect if you want dark and defined but not too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by cackers

I love this liner. It is really versitile as it can be used wet for a more defined line or dry for a more subtle smokey eye. I use it with the Laura Mercier smokey eye brush which is a great brush to create a thin flicked line. I wet the brush and rub it in the product then apply close to the eyelashes, after a couple of minutes I use a slightly thicker brush (Bobbi Brown ultra fine eye liner brush) to dab some of the liner over the top dry to give a more subtle look for the day. Lots of people have commented on how it brings out my eyes so I would throughly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by sagew

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this free with as a gift with purchase and the MA told me that I needed to apply it dry using the LM Smokey E/L brush. I didn't want to purchase the brush, simply because I didn't need another brush! When I first tried it at home I used my LM flat e/l brush dry and it did not work well at all. I just couldn't get enough product on the brush. BUT, when I wet my brush it worked GREAT. I really like it now and I am so glad I didn't get talked into buying yet another eyeliner brush that I didn't need!! The Midnight color is also very nice. Since I just started using this I didn't want to give it a 5 rating. I will update later.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't say I love this like I love the black. This doesn't smudge out to the smokey line that the black does, nor does this look like the deep navy/black i was hoping for. The color is too denim-blue when smudged, not black enough, and for $22 I'd expect a prettier, more sophisticated shade of navy. Lined it doesn't show up as a deep navy either. The staying power didn't compare to the black either. I will blend this color over some other liners to add a blue depth, but thats more just so I feel like the color isn't just sitting there unused. Not worth the purchase and certainly would not repurchase. Disappointed cause I love LM.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by emluken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

**see my review for Chestnut, too**

The Midnight Caviar Eye Liner comes by itself in a small mirrored compact. It's not a powder, more like a thick cream. The website says that they now pop out to go into the customizable 3- or 6-well compacts, but I bought mine before the redesign. Midnight is a dark blue. I think it looks very elegant and like to put this on when black would be too harsh and dark purple too trendy.

My favorite way to apply this is with a damp, angled eyeliner brush. It goes on super smoothly and precisely and lasts all day. You can leave it as a precise line or smoke it out with a stiff brush. This eyeliner works really well on the lower waterline, too. No smudging, running, irritation or fading!

$22 is on the expensive side for eyeliner, but this lasts forever. I've also purchased this in chestnut, and look forward to buying black, too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is absolutely gorgeous, a very dark blue/black shade. However, I will not purchase this product again because it's very hard to use. I used it both wet and dry and just couldn't get any pigment/color for the life of me to line my lids. I even used 2 different brushes. I will stick to using Bobbi Brown shadows as my liner.