December 19, 2014 | 1508 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi Matte Formula in Winged Butter

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bluegreeneyes2001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really love this foundation! it looks soooo natural while still evening out my skintone. I got tha color Golden-Winged Butter and it is my PERFECT summer shade. i was lucky i got tha perfect shade my first try. it is great for sum1 with light-medium skin and yellow undertones. I buff it in with my Coastal Scents Ultimate Italian Badger Kabuki Brush and it blends like a dream. i checked tha foundation in natural light outside, in tha sun, in tha shade and it looked natural! score! looked at it indoors...natural too! it didnt LOOK like i was wearing makeup, it looked like i just had good skin which is definitely tha look i want. i thought to myself theres no flaw to this foundation. couple hours later i saw tha flaw.....grrrr....my skin is oily so after a couple hours i noticed tha foundation on my forehead and nose had changed from radiant...to shiny:( so i think tha semi-matte (for me anyway) was a little too semi and not enough matte. so i ordered tha same shade (Golden-Winged Butter) in tha matte finish so im crossing my fingers that this becomes HG material. if tha matte doesnt work or looks too chalky i'll stick with tha semi-matte and just use a finishing powder over it to combat shine. i'll update:)
UPDATE: grrrrr....tried tha matte version and it was too heavy an cakey for me, still great color but it looked unnatural. i wanted to love this but o well...i may try applying with a fluffy powder brush and see if the sheerer application will move this to second fav, rite behind Mark Powder Buff Natural Skin Foundation in Buff Skin:) i'll let ya no if it works betta applied with powder brush.