Equate Blackhead Clearing Scrub - comparable to Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub

3.7

on 2/10/2014 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am 39 and have very dry skin, but I am still suffering from hormonal acne that time of the month on my jaw area and blackheads. I read that using Salicylic acid is the best way to combat both of these problems, especially the blackheads.
I have tried scrubbing them, using pore strips, and masks, but nothing really gets them all. I bought this after reading about the acid and hearing Wayne Goss on Youtube mention it. I also watched several dermatologists recommend it for blackheads as the best way to deal with them.
I was skeptical but after a week I noticed them coming up (gross I know) and I could wash them off. Funny thing was, I thought it was the beads and not the actual blackheads coming up lol. Left my pores large but I donít care, they are clear now. I use this with my Olay Brush that is a dupe for Clarisonic and wow. I have gone through the entire tube now a month later and my blackheads are all about gone.
This stuff is crazy good for being $3. Itís very creamy and does not dry the skin out or irritate me. It has tiny exfoliating beads that are not harsh at all. I have never tried the actual brand for this, Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub, but I will be buying that now since I am done with this to see if itís even more effective. I hope this helps anyone looking for a good scrub for blackheads.

on 11/17/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hi now i'm 16 with tan skin and let me say this product is 10/10 for me!!! Now i have been using proactive for about 3 years now because i have excessive oily acne prone skin and proactive dried the mess out of my face and now i'm repaying for it :( . Not only does proactive not work for me and i'm breaking out like crazy i found this product by equate and I fell in love. this gentle scrub is not only for black heads but for stubborn acne and this is coming from a girl that has tried expensive dermatologist prescriptions and no luck. Now when i saw this product at CVS i said cheap things will only mess my face up even more but that was complete BULL S%$#. Anyways if you sound like me then this product is for you. BTW this worked for my cousin who has pale white skin as well, best of luck with the product XD.

on 10/28/2013 7:27:00 AM

My skin feels nice and clean after using. It does dry my skin but so does everything else I use. I use a moisturizer afterwards, equate dual power moisturizer. Both work great together.

on 7/19/2013 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product broke my face out so badly! I felt terrible because my face was finally pretty clear from years of bad acne but once I tried this product, the acne came back with a vengeance. I think I'll stick to the St. Ives Apricot Scrub instead.

Leaves my face feeling FANTASTIC! I haven't noticed significant improvement in my blackheads, but my skin feels great. It's not drying or anything. The exfoliation beads don't do too much in terms of exfoliation, but hey -- what do you expect from a product you can use daily? I really like it.

on 7/10/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I didn't find that this did anything for my skin other than dry it out, I'm glad I didn't pay much for it.

on 7/10/2012 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am a teenager and you know how these years are. Blackheads, acne and breakouts. I'm dealing with blackheads though, this product was very cheap, a couple dollars cheaper than the name brand and it has proven its cheapness to work... I'm slowly making my way to my second bottle. I use it twice a day and have seen results in a couple days or week.

on 6/25/2012 10:47:00 PM

Terrible. I will not buy this product again. I found that this product did not get rid of any of my blackheads, and it dried out my face like crazy. Plus, it broke me out! I don't mean to put down the good reviews, but this product just did not work for me at all.

on 7/18/2011 6:56:00 PM

I'm going to have to agree with the review below me by inthiscity. I have normal to dry skin and since I started using this my skin has been a dry mess. Also, I have never broken out this bad from anything :( Sad to say this scrubs going in the trash.

on 6/1/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate to bring down all the positive reviews for this but this stuff was the WORST. I spent so long babying my skin to healthy and it only took two days of using this for me to get giant cyst acne trail along my jawline. :(