October 23, 2014 | 2078 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Meow Cosmetics - Primp & Preen: Equilibrium Balancing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Very Happy with this powder as it Sets my skin on soft focus and does what it say it does, it doesn't dry the skin, yet controls shine. I cannot fully explain what it does but it makes me look prettier!! I checked my skin with this powder both in digital pictures and at the GYm's lighting and both times my skin looks very bright and "glowing" I am very picky with powder and used to use Chanel but the price didn't justify the product, this one is really great, an HG

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an interesting product, and really has been a valuable addition to my kit.

As a photographer and makeup artist, I use it as a great tool for even-ing complexions on Caucasian men, and as a foundation primer on women. I wear it overnight on myself sometimes, and when I don't have time for any makeup in the morning, I apply this all over, and a sweep of blush, and I'm done. It does a great job absorbing/redistributing oil and keeping a nice healthy glow to the skin all day, and even works as a rather helpful little spot treatment at night over Polysporin or tea tree oil.

It may at first appear to leave a white cast, but you really have to let it settle into your skin (or give it a misting of Avene Thermal Water or something). Complaints about pale casting from mineral makeup is often a failure to properly moisturize beforehand, which is key for mineral makeup to do its job properly. I use almost exclusively mineral (Meow, mostly) makeup for photography and I have to say it really lends itself to a natural look. Especially flattering and believable, and looks better and better as the shoot goes on and it settles and settles further into the skin. And my clients say it feels great on, they even forget about it.

Multi-purpose, indispensible, I wish it came in ice-cream-tub size!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by PurplePony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this a lot, it works so great for me. It really soothes and calms my sensitive acne-prone skin. When I used only pampered puss foundation my skin looked dry and flaky, now with this as a primer I don´t have that problem anymore. And this is a great plus: if I use my foundation without this primer I have to use it a LOT to cover and make my skin even though there is not much to cover, now I need it much less. It seems like my skin rejects somehow that foundation without a primer, I don´t know.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this out on a day when my normally oily skin was feeling especially dry and irritated--I normally use Meow's oily skin primer powder, but when I'm feeling dry it can obviously exacerbate the problem. The Equilibrium powder is indeed soothing and calming, and not at all drying. Oil control is *ok*, but it's not advertised really as an oil control product so within 4ish hours I turned into an oil slick. Even so it never felt tight or uncomfortable on my skin, so I'll probably buy a jar for winter and for when my skin's feeling moody. I wonder what the point of the combo primer powder is when this pretty much serves the same purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by fromstarstuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this powder so bad, but the more I use it, the more I think I should use something else.

I assumed that it would apply clear, but it doesn't. It doesn't matter how light of a touch I use, it always looks white. I can see how it might color correct in some instances, but after going to a lot of trouble to match my skin to one particular shade of Meow's foundation, I really do not want to put something on top of it that changes the color. It's fine if I want to look extremely pale and pasty. And yes, there are times when that's exactly what I'm going for. But day to day, that's not what I want. I also noticed that it settles into the pores in my nose, so I end up with white dots all over. This happens even if the primer and foundation have applied well.

The only reason I would continue to use this powder would be to settle down my otherwise bare skin. On days when my nose is extremely oily, I like to clean my face, apply a moisturizer, then sweep the powder over my whole face. Since it applies white, it evens out my skin tone, and it does keep my nose from looking like an oil slick. When I put it on bare skin, it does come off as more matte than just straight up chalky looking, but that's the only time. Applying it in this way is also the only time it feels soothing, since my nose actually hurts when it gets oily. So, I will probably continue to use what I have in that capacity, but I won't be purchasing it again once it runs out. $14 is entirely too much to spend on a powder that is only useful once a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Rosebud77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised to read the previous review. I've tried this product & I absolutlely love it. I have very dry & sensitive skin. I use a very rich face cream which I let soak in for 20 mins or so prior to applying my mineral foundation. I also apply a light layer of finishing powder but despite this I always get re-bound shine on my chin & T-zone midday or early afternoon. Without the finishing powder I get shine within a couple of hours.

I tried a light layer of P&P Equilibrium Balance before applying my foundation, but I didn't apply any finishing powder. I did feel a touch dry in some areas (cheeks etc) initially, but it wasn't an uncomfortable tight & itchy dry feeling. That feeling disappeared after about an hour though. I never got any re-bound shine though! Even though I didn't apply any finishing powder. After 10 hours I still don't have any shine. The foundation doesn't have that "matte perfect photoshop" finish that I get with the finishing powder but it's certainly not shiny, but more like the foundation has melded with my skin. It just looks very natural :)

This is definitively one of my new staples!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, now. I had really high hopes for this, based on their website description that it would moisturize and soothe my skin prior to my Mineral Makeup Foundation. WRONG!! It dried my skin out soooo bad, that I felt like it was shriveling up as the day went on. What was I thinking, though, really. A powder that is moisturizing!? This reminds me of Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. Same look and texture. I really should have just ordered a sample, but I was placing an order and didn't want to have to pay separate shipping if I liked it, so I ordered the full size. Maybe I can make it work by moisturizing the hell out of my skin first, and just using it over a tinted moisturizer on casual days, as Meow Cosmetics have a NO RETURN policy (didn't know that 'till too late). Waste of $14.00. Oh, well, I guess you live and learn as you go, right!?