September 23, 2014 | 927 users online

Shampoo - Goldwell - DualSenses Rich Repair

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by jkpesaturo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Rich Repair Shampoo is awesome! I love the fact that is silicone free. I have fairly short fine hair and conditioners make my hair limp. This is the only shampoo that I can use without a conditioner. Your hair does not feel like a sheet of coated plastic after rinsing and drying.
There is no greasy build-up, as well. By far, this is the best shampoo that I have ever used and I have tried them all - from Kerestase to Pantene.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lynneclinebell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been trying to get my hair to recover from bleaching it for years now. This combo is amazing. The shampoo is gentle on my dry ends and the conditioner is not pure silicone so it feels like HAIR not just slimy strands. The smell is nice... has a salon feel to it and not perfumey. Paired with a dry shampoo I can cut down on how many times I wash my hair now. My hair is noticeably healthier. And recently I lucked out and scored a big size of the conditioner for $8 (usually runs ab $30 full price). Ulta had a sale plus a coupon. This product is worth stocking up on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMarieH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my goodness this shampoo is amazing!! It is definitely one of, if not THE, best shampoo I've ever used, the other being loreal pro vitamino color. First of all, this smells INCREDIBLE. kind of vanilla-ish, but better. I wish there was a perfume like it. Anyways, this shampoo had an awesome silky lather and when I rinsed it out my hair was already soft and detangled, but really clean too. I used the matching conditioner too and when my hair dried my normally super dry and frizzy hair looked shiny and like it was heat styled. I love this <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i deleted my bad review for this shampoo, fist couple washes my hair didnt feel normal and now after 3 4weeks my hair is alot smoother i dont even use my flat iron now. my blowdryer and round brush smooth all my frizz out :) ive very pleased with the rich repair shampoo THE CONDITIONER SUCKS .... use the leave in cream fluid instead!!! there amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by freddy66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this shampoo and conditioner! It made my hair look super healthy and smooth, it also smells really good! Definitely would buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by foreverpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was first introduced to Goldwell products at my salon last summer. When my hairdresser was shampooing my hair I got a whiff of this amazing almost vanilla-ish, very sweet fragrance which I thought was her perfume. It turned out to be this shampoo! The scent is was sold me but after purchasing the shampoo and conditioner and using them in combination with each other I can see a HUGE difference in my uruly hair. Before using this shampoo I could never let my hair air dry because my frizz was just so intense that nothing seemed to tame it. I'm literally in just complete and utter shock at the difference this shampoo has made on my life. Such a timesaver! I will never go back to drugstore shampoo ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 6:17:00 AM More reviews by apk2

I absolutely love this shampoo/conditioner! It's my new HG and that's saying a lot.

My hair is naturally very thin, dry, frizzy and pouffy. It has gone through excessive dying and bleaching and perming (yikes!). I perm my hair straight every year and 2 years ago I started experimenting with blonde highlights on my dark hair. It was a nice look for a while but hard to maintain. It left my hair really brittle and I went through a period of time of stress where my hair fell out quite a bit.

Last month I decided to try to cut off some length to help the healing process. It was down to my waist and so I cut off about 3 inches. My hair dresser used to always use goldwell products on me until recently he switched because the brand became available in retail and they wanted to offer something that customers would actually want to pay for. So I decided I would try this upon his recommendation.

At first use, I felt like this shampoo and conditioner was just ok. No miracles. Not bad at all, but not life changing in any way (cue herbal essences commercials). It wasn't heavy but wasn't dry either, and it smelled really nice. I guess I was just too used to drug store shampoo and conditioners that left heavy residues and started to believe that was actually good for my hair somehow. But after a few weeks of using this line from goldwell, it has changed everything I know about shampoos and conditioners! My hair is now really soft and silky with noticeably less frizz. I can run my fingers through my hair and it feels so smooth as if I just had an amazing blowout by my stylist. I usually can't last more than a year without perming my hair otherwise it reverts to it's natural pouffy frizzy state, but now my hair looks so silky and smooth I really don't even need to perm and I prefer not to either (why damage my hair when i don't need to?).

I'll definitely continue buying this in the future and I recommend it to everyone who has hair like mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by nykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ever since I started a single color process (a little over a year now) I've been using this shampoo and conditioner on the advice of my hairdresser. It works great. I am very happy with my color and I really feel like there is very little fading. If it weren't for my roots I could probably go three months b/f touching up. The shampoo doesn't have much of a smell, lathers very good, rinses well and leaves my hair squeaky clean. No complaints here!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

I like this shampoo, it cleanse and light moisturizes at the same time. Typically after I rinse my hair with other shampoos my hair is so tangly and I have to condition it to run my fingers through it again. With the DualSenses Rich Repair I don't really have to. Also it smells divine and lathers up really well. Would recommend and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by rachvt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this shampoo plus its accompanying conditioner from the DualSenses Rich Repair range as a free gift for subscribing to Glamour magazine. I've never been a regular user of salon line shampoo as I've tried KMS and Aveda and found they didn't really make a big difference to my hair. I suffer from unruly, rather frizzy, brittle, dry hair and in the past few years have been colouring my hair continuously although I've stopped colouring my hair for more than a year now, it is still very dry at the ends and not very soft.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of this shampoo. It looks just like any other regular shampoo as I squeezed it out of the tube - a milky ivory colour. When applied onto wet hair however, it lathers up differently from a regular shampoo. It actually lathers up "silky". It actually feels like I was rubbing up a layer of silk on my hair. The lather felt very thick and luxurious, and the bubbles were all very very minuscule, it did look different from the suds that other shampoos produce. When I rinsed my hair under the shower I could feel that it had done its work, because my hair felt much stronger and smoother even when it was wet. When it dried, it was less frizzy, less unruly (actually it dried quite straight and only very slightly wavy) and just generally more "obedient", and it looked and felt shinier and smoother as well.

After using this for about a month, I got a bit used to this stuff and didn't really feel "wow-ed" by its effects on my hair anymore. So I switched to an ordinary drugstore shampoo but very quickly, after 2 or 3 washes, noticed how dry and unruly and frizzy my hair has suddenly become again. I persisted in using the ordinary drugstore shampoo for a week but in the end, just couldn't stand what my hair has become, so I promptly switched back to the Goldwell Rich Repair shampoo again, and noticed what a difference it made to my hair, taming it and making it all nice, silky and strong again! I think I must have took its effects for granted after using it for a month, and thinking my hair would be just as fine doing without it, but how wrong I was!

I'll be buying this again as I've just finished using up the one I received as a gift. This shampoo has definitely swayed my opinion as regards salon line shampoos. It may be up to 3 times more expensive than ordinary drugstore brands, but I think its worth it. (Its RRP is 7.10 in the UK but I've found online shops selling it for as much as 1 cheaper) As for the conditioner, I've reviewed it under "Goldwell DualSenses Rich Repair Conditioner"... but in short, I'll say here that I didn't find the conditioner was that great... I'd give it 3 lippies at the most.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No