April 20, 2014 | 1585 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me NW25 Lite/Medium skin is a MLBB color. Some see this as pink on their skin but I get more of a Mauve tone. With the luster it's shearer than the mattes and give a hint of color. Perfect for the understated look or the look with heavier eye and cheek color makeup. This almost borders on what really a nude should be matching your lips not the buff pale skin tone color that most people say is a nude. If you are looking for a saturated color, skip this one and head for one of the MAC mattes. But if you are looking for a simple shimmer of color natural that can go from business day to out at night (for an understated lip) This is one to try. There is a web site that does sell matte samples at a reasonable price before you make the $15 jump. Take a look at my other MAC reviews for the web site!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Drawmeapainting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this lipstick while on vacation in December. I had been contemplating purchasing Syrup for a long time but I never got a chance to see it person until then. First, the color. Syrup is a mauve-tone pink in the tube. It looks like it might have the tiniest bit of extremely fine milled shimmers but nothing that is visibly or physically noticeable on the lips. Syrup is a lustre formula which is one of my personal favorites. It gives a nice wash of color (more than say a glaze finish) but it isn't full coverage. As with being a lustre, it is very comfortable on the lips and gives a slight sheen but not too glossy.
This is my go-to HG lipstick at this point. I find when I don't know what lipstick to wear, I always gravitate towards this one as it is a MLBB shade that adds a hit of color and pulls my looks together. It really is a beautiful color that I think doesn't get the attention it deserves. Next time you are in a MAC store or counter I would really recommend you swatch this shade or try it on. You might just find a new lipstick you love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by habana

The perfect everyday lipstick! It's a sheer medium pink with mauve undertones. Works for daytime/ work or a night out, and feels very moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Cuteiswhatiaimfor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In love with this color! I wanted a pretty pink for everyday use and this is perfect! I have quite pigmented lips which I hate cause there not pigmented enough to wear nothing on the but so pigmented that I struggle wearing paler shade! This shade is just beautiful it's a mid pink with a hint of purpley mauve! I totally love it and will repurchase again and again! I love lustre finishes! So beautiful and dewy looking! Comes with the territory that there not long lasting and u do have to keep reapplying but I don't mind! Definitely recommend you try this lipcolour!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by monty2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have medium pigmented lips and pale with cool undertones skin. I love this lipstick, it's about a shade darker than my natural colour, goes on sheer, perfect for every day wear and part of my "no makeup" look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

at last i have found the perfect everyday pink for pale skin and blonde hair - lovely texture and fantastic colour - i may never look at another lipstick again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

What an absolutely gorgeous colour! It's so pretty and I think it would be flattering on every skin tone. It's a deeper pink that would work for everyday wear. It's got a touch of sofistication that would make it completely appropriate to wear to work. It's got a beautiful shiny finish and the shine stays put for a few hours. After that the colour is still there but if you love shiny finishes as much as I do, reapplying will be a must. It doesn't dry out my lips at all and I think this will become a staple in my makeup collection! Great job MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by cdove

Syrup is such a beautiful color! this is my go to color for both work and a girls night out. Very pretty neutral color that looks good on all skin tones!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would describe Syrup as a mauve-pink with slight lavender undertones. I am NC30-37 and I have very pigmented lips so I struggle finding MLBB lipstick shades. This is close, but still not a favourite. I find that because of the lavender undertones it can pull a bit too cool on me whereas I prefer more warm pink-brown shades. This is my first Lustre finish lipstick from MAC and to me it isn't moisturising at all, but actually drying which I didn't expect. Lasting power is average for a non-matte formula, get a couple of hours of wear before it wears off (without eating that is). Overall, I do like the shade for an everyday colour and I will continue to wear this, but I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatecupcake5568

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this lipstick for over a year and it is a staple in my makeup bag. I have NC25 coloring and this shade is a perfect MLB shade. I would describe it as a neutral mauve pink. It's a Lustre finish which for me reads like a gloss just a lot less sticky. It lasts for an hour or two before fading which I find typical for most moisturizing lipsticks that have a glossy finish. Not a problem for me other than the fact that I can use up a tube of this stuff in under six months. I would purchase again and have, it's nice to just throw in my purse or pocket for a quick swab of color and moisture in a pinch. It makes my lips look fuller and it's the perfect shade for a neutral eye look to wear to the office/school/daytime etc. I've paired it with Plum lip pencil in the Fall for a bolder look and it pairs nicely.