December 18, 2014 | 1599 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't get the hype with this one. I like MAC lustres in general. I tend to gravitate towards purple lip colors and MAC has had some beauties in the past. This summer, I stopped by a MAC counter and finally decided to buy both Syrup and a purple shade from the Aquatics collection. Swatched on my hand, they looked great. Syrup looked neutral and mauvey...thought it would be perfect. On my lips, it's...ok...nothing mind blowing. I have had several Revlon mauves I have liked better. The deal breaker for me is that it bleeds allll over my face! I've never had a neutral shade do that before. I swipe it on, rub my lips together and 15 minutes later, I look like "The Joker!"! Horrible! I have no clue why this happens. Somehow this color in this formulation is a "no-go" for me. I am dissapointed at having spent $16 on such a sub-par product. I own well over 100 different lip products. I prefer most drugstore lipglosses and lipsticks over this one. A pass for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Rubyredpumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a MLBB sheer lipstick. It isn't moisturizing like a balm but it has a bit of slip like one. It is very similar to my mauve rose pigmented lip color. Looks nice year round. If you are looking for something natural looking and easy to wear, this is a good one. Considering the price, color payoff and lack of conditioning benefits I'm not sure I would buy it again, as it isn't a significant difference than my natural lip color. I think it would be better on someone with less pigmented lips. If you want something natural looking by MAC this is a nice choice. The most appealing thing to me is the brand name. I prefer a tinted lip balm over this. It's not that I dislike it, as I wear it frequently but I do wear it over balm and because of the close color match I would prefer to use just one product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin shade is NC25-NC30 and this fits well for yellow based-skin as well as pink or green. This is kind of a "my lips but better" shade, as well as a mauve and a great everyday shade. I don't regret buying this! I would recommend everybody to try it out to see if it fits, I love it! The fininsh is soft and moist.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a NW20 with not very pigmented lips, and this is the perfect MLBB shade. It pulls a pinkish-mauve on my lips, and the amount of shine (or lustre, I suppose) is just perfect. It's a great everyday color. I think it's very comfortable to wear, doesn't smudge or bleed, and has no offensive smell or taste (if you know what a MAC lipstick smells like, that's what it smells like).

Unfortunately, I don't think the lasting power is quite good. I find myself reapplying only after about an hour or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this was my first MAC lipcolor and I am pleased with my choice! It is a pretty, neutral pink color that I think would look great on any skin tone. I love the way this product smells, like sweet vanilla! It makes me happy every time I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My brides love this colour! Great by itself or moved with a matte colour to make more wearable. Looks amazing with matte peaches!
Already have a back up!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Emmylou28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally got it!! A beautiful pinky plum lipstick in MAC's lustre formula. I think I am thinking Fall already because this is a little more dark than I wear on an everyday basis. I tried it on when I got home and I loooove the neutral-yet-noticable aspect of the lipstick. It's a little but mlbb but it is SO MUCH BETTER! When I talked to the associate at MAC they said it's a color that truly looks good on everyone. I like to mute my lips out before I apply lipstick and this one looks very pink when I do that. If I wear it on my natural lipcolor its a little more plummy. I think this one will definitely get a lot of use coming up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by fallenoffwings

My HG lipstick. It is a beautiful pink-plum colour, good color payoff. Not always long lasting when eating and drinking, but easily able to be applied. At first, it seemed to dry out my lips a lot, which I found odd and disappointing for a Lustre lipstick, but I found with use, it doesn't dry my lips out anymore. It looks good with all eye makeup looks, and is a perfect every day colour, for me, it is a 'your lips but better' shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Waterfox12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is excellent! A pretty slightly shimmery pink with a slightly plummy tinge. I think it's lovely because it is not only beautiful, but also very comfortable. I like the smell which is a vanilla scent that is typical to MAC lipsticks. I can imagine that I will be using every bit of this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

This is the most gorgeous lipstick ever. Definitely a HG product for me from the first use... Beautiful color, super creamy, just amazing. Perfect natural pink without being "nude"