MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 6/18/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Formula is fine, it's a weird pinky color with a bit of plum to it. It has nice shine and lasts about as long as other Mac lipsticks, which isn't long on me but I'm not going to fault that as nothing lasts on me. I prefer the lustre line (which this is from) because I like the more sheer application and shine. I just found this color looked weird on me, I have very fair skin, pink undertones and this just looks a bit off. Would not repurchase.

on 5/30/2015 6:15:00 PM

Syrup was bought on a whim and was bought simply because I wanted to add another lipstick to my collection. This is a beautiful muted and sheer plummy colour which is not the type of colour I usually wear. This is a natural and kind of MLBB shade for my medium complexion. Despite being a lustre finish, this lipstick successfully covers my pigmented lips or rather blends in with it forming a gorgeous natural colour. It is by no means opaque nor is it matte and has quite a glossy sheen finish. I really like this formula because it makes my lips look plump and luscious and really adds life to my face. It is not long lasting but I find that it leaves a plummy tinge or stain to my lips which is nice. I like to throw this lipstick on when I'm having them days where I wear tinted moisturiser and mascara - basically everyday. This is one of my fave formulas from MAC and I definitely want to try out other colours in this formula.

on 5/21/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this color. It mimics my actual lip tone. My lips are bit more pigmented and mauve-y. This ads balance and shine without screaming 'I have lipstick on!' Just a really pretty shade that balances out eyeshadow and compliments a variety of skin tones. Of course, it is the classic MAC packaging and Lustre finishes are a great formula.

Lovely mauvy pink color that's perfect for everyday. It's a bit sheer but can be built up if you prefer. It's not drying and has a nice glossy finish. I have already repurchased this lipstick after finishing the first one I owned. Highly recommend.

on 3/5/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can not get enough of Syrup! It's my favorite everyday go to lipstick. It never leaves my purse for fall and winter. On my lips it's a warm mauvey/ pink shade and since it's a Lustre it has a beautiful almost glossy finish. I'm not a gloss person so this is perfect for me. Syrup reminds me of Macs Brave but less red and more pink. If Brave pulls to red on you definitely give Syrup a try. As always Macs lipstick smell absolutely devine and the package is simple yet sleek. I think this shade is worth every penny. I have and will continue to repurchase when I run out. If you are wanting to try the "Kylie Jenner" lip trend but don't want to deal with a Matte lip or to bold of a color this is a lovely option.

on 3/1/2015 6:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I purchased this lipstick a few days ago, and started trying it out and I already love it!
It's a beautiful everyday shade, that isn't overwhelming, and since it's a lustre it isn't super pigmented which makes it very wearable and all over suitable for everyday wear.

You can build up the pigmentation, and use it with a lip-liner for a longer wear and it can completely change up the lipstick.

Packaging is as always for MAC lipsticks spot on. Sleek and beautiful!
All over I will definitely repurchase, and recommend this lipstick!

on 2/25/2015 12:17:00 AM

favorite lipstick of all time, hands down, ride or die, I LOVE MAC Syrup a wonderful every day mauvey pink, typical yummy Mac smell, comfy wear given it is a lustre toi

on 2/20/2015 9:18:00 PM

Pros:
Lightweight, creamy, quite a bit of shine, smooth application, not sticky, very nice neutral pink shade (very flattering on a lot of different people), great for every day, wears more like balm than lipstick.

Cons:
Does not last more than a couple of hours, not very unique shade - you can find something similar at the drugstore for much less than $16.

on 2/15/2015 9:55:00 AM

I got this for Valentines with some other products and I really like it. About me NW20,N1, NARS Monte Blanc, blonde hair, green eyes. On me this is a total MLBB shade the formula is great so soft moisturizing and lovely to reaply kinda like a balm. Dupe able shade I have a huge lippie collection and I still need more lol. So this is a nice addition to my collection. Money,Honey looks great over this as well. Lasts not super long but I like reaplication because it's a great no make up, make up shade. This with a neutral eye looks really nice a natural blush and it pulls together my look nicely. Did I need this, no do I love it, yes! It's a great quality lipstick. I'm a fan of the Lustre formula as I own High Tea too.Great lippie! Recommended!

on 2/9/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful lipstick. It is exactly as described, which is a sheer to medium coverage cloudy pink with subtle microshimmers that don't really show up on the lips. This, on me, looks like the kind of lipstick that Victoria's Secret Angels would be wearing. It makes my lips look unbelievably healthy and just pretty. I think it is the kind of color that all skin tones can wear and would look especially pretty on medium/olive skin tones. The formula is moisturizing, creamy and smooth and feels so nice on the lips. It is not long lasting at all (it lasts about 3.5 hours through eating and drinking on me) but with these kinds of formulas, you can't expect super long lasting results so I'm not too upset. This is my favorite everyday shade of all time and goes with everything. I recommend it to everyone.

Popular Lipsticks