MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

This is my every day go to lipstick when I'm not sure what to wear. It goes with everything without being over powering and is great for making any makeup look appear like you've put more effort into it that you actually did. Great for pale skin and is really moisturising. The only negative is that the staying power isn't great.

Very lovely sheer mauve lipstick for a natural but enhanced look. A similar shade is Lancome Vintage Rose.

The shade is reeeeally beatiful and feminine, but it doesn't last as long as my other MAC lipsticks

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Great lipstick for every day. It works very well with my skin tone (n18-nc20) and it creates a very gentle pinkish-mauve smooth colour. Unfortunately the Lustre formula makes it wash off really easy and it's high maintenance in this regard - you'll have to reapply it quite often.

Love this lipstick!!! It's the perfect pretty pink, very girly but not too unnatural or anything. Goes on smooth and has pretty good staying power all things considered.

MAC Luster in Syrup is my HG lipstick. It is my MLBB lipstick, or atleast, how pink and natural my lips I want to be. Its not too bright, nor too dead. Its not orangey or browney. It is just the right amount of pink or purple and just the right amount of lightnes and tint for my NC30 or W5 Loreal Lumi shade of foundation(just for reference what my skintone color is).
I have bought this shade twice now. First buy, I was wearing it and someone close to me complimented it so I gave the tube to her. I thought of not buying it again since I wanted to try other MAC lipstick shades, however, it just keeps on haunting me. I just want another tube of this shade! So I gave in to my instincts and bought another tube. I so love it! Money well spent, though I find MAC lipsticks expensive at $21 per, including tax. For the quality, I find Mac Syrup very smooth and soft on the lips. I also think its hydrating and not drying. As for the staying power, I am not really sure. Since its a color similar to my lips, maybe its ok to fade and it won't look too obvious. Anyway, love this lipstick! Will definitely buy again. Some say that its a shade for brides. Maybe for cooler or lighter tones, it is. But for me, its my everyday, no nonsense shade I will be reaching out all the time. Plus its cool toned enough to make my teeth seem whiter, though my teeth are not that yellow. But it has aged through time. This lipstick makes my mouth look fresh and young.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great everyday color that will work on every skin tone. My favorite Mac lip color!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Syrup is a wonderful lipstick! It is a lustre finish which means that it is very hydrating and has a slightly glossy finish. It feels comfortable on the lips and is easy to wear. It is a natural looking, purple-based pink. It pulls slightly mauve on my NC20 skin but it is a very natural looking lipstick, perfect for everyday wear. It makes my lips look fuller and more polished. The colour is also buildable. It has a decent staying power, but will need to be reapplied after eating and drinking. I love this colour, one of my favourite MAC lippies.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Formula is fine, it's a weird pinky color with a bit of plum to it. It has nice shine and lasts about as long as other Mac lipsticks, which isn't long on me but I'm not going to fault that as nothing lasts on me. I prefer the lustre line (which this is from) because I like the more sheer application and shine. I just found this color looked weird on me, I have very fair skin, pink undertones and this just looks a bit off. Would not repurchase.

Syrup was bought on a whim and was bought simply because I wanted to add another lipstick to my collection. This is a beautiful muted and sheer plummy colour which is not the type of colour I usually wear. This is a natural and kind of MLBB shade for my medium complexion. Despite being a lustre finish, this lipstick successfully covers my pigmented lips or rather blends in with it forming a gorgeous natural colour. It is by no means opaque nor is it matte and has quite a glossy sheen finish. I really like this formula because it makes my lips look plump and luscious and really adds life to my face. It is not long lasting but I find that it leaves a plummy tinge or stain to my lips which is nice. I like to throw this lipstick on when I'm having them days where I wear tinted moisturiser and mascara - basically everyday. This is one of my fave formulas from MAC and I definitely want to try out other colours in this formula.

Recommended for Medium Skin