January 27, 2015 | 1177 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 5:25:00 AM More reviews by AnimeFreak91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lippy is great for those that work in a corporate or conservative environment. It is not "zombie" nude but not a shade a pole dancer to instintly take a liking to. Since it is a lustre shade no primer is necessary (at least for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 4:50:00 AM More reviews by bethbubbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was the first lustre lipstick that I have tried from M.A.C and I have to say I absolutely adore the finish. The actual colour itself is a lovely warm pink - almost beige toned, it is rather sheer (as expected with a lustre) but definitely gives your lips a little something extra. I'd say it is a perfect 'your lips but better' colour with and added sheen. This is a perfect colour to tone down a bold eye look and contour.I'd recommend this as a first lipstick from make even, to my younger cousins or friends as it is easy to apply and looks pretty yet natural at the same time. I'll definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Rinnie1218

Perfect my lips but better shade for me! I do have to re-apply after a couple hours but with it being s luster you can really apply it like a balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Syrup is a great everyday neutral and it is as everyone else has described: pinky-mauve. I love MAC's Lustre formula, even though it needs to be reapplied often. The color is pretty, subtle, and on my cool-toned skin, it's MLBB.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't get the hype with this one. I like MAC lustres in general. I tend to gravitate towards purple lip colors and MAC has had some beauties in the past. This summer, I stopped by a MAC counter and finally decided to buy both Syrup and a purple shade from the Aquatics collection. Swatched on my hand, they looked great. Syrup looked neutral and mauvey...thought it would be perfect. On my lips, it's...ok...nothing mind blowing. I have had several Revlon mauves I have liked better. The deal breaker for me is that it bleeds allll over my face! I've never had a neutral shade do that before. I swipe it on, rub my lips together and 15 minutes later, I look like "The Joker!"! Horrible! I have no clue why this happens. Somehow this color in this formulation is a "no-go" for me. I am dissapointed at having spent $16 on such a sub-par product. I own well over 100 different lip products. I prefer most drugstore lipglosses and lipsticks over this one. A pass for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Rubyredpumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a MLBB sheer lipstick. It isn't moisturizing like a balm but it has a bit of slip like one. It is very similar to my mauve rose pigmented lip color. Looks nice year round. If you are looking for something natural looking and easy to wear, this is a good one. Considering the price, color payoff and lack of conditioning benefits I'm not sure I would buy it again, as it isn't a significant difference than my natural lip color. I think it would be better on someone with less pigmented lips. If you want something natural looking by MAC this is a nice choice. The most appealing thing to me is the brand name. I prefer a tinted lip balm over this. It's not that I dislike it, as I wear it frequently but I do wear it over balm and because of the close color match I would prefer to use just one product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin shade is NC25-NC30 and this fits well for yellow based-skin as well as pink or green. This is kind of a "my lips but better" shade, as well as a mauve and a great everyday shade. I don't regret buying this! I would recommend everybody to try it out to see if it fits, I love it! The fininsh is soft and moist.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a NW20 with not very pigmented lips, and this is the perfect MLBB shade. It pulls a pinkish-mauve on my lips, and the amount of shine (or lustre, I suppose) is just perfect. It's a great everyday color. I think it's very comfortable to wear, doesn't smudge or bleed, and has no offensive smell or taste (if you know what a MAC lipstick smells like, that's what it smells like).

Unfortunately, I don't think the lasting power is quite good. I find myself reapplying only after about an hour or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this was my first MAC lipcolor and I am pleased with my choice! It is a pretty, neutral pink color that I think would look great on any skin tone. I love the way this product smells, like sweet vanilla! It makes me happy every time I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My brides love this colour! Great by itself or moved with a matte colour to make more wearable. Looks amazing with matte peaches!
Already have a back up!