July 23, 2014 | 1881 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Age Recharge In Salon Treatment

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by socalsuperstar

Typically, I use the Aqua Oleum treatment on my long blond highlighted medium textured but very dense hair. After a bad experience with Ojon (See other reviews) my hair felt dryer than ever dull and almost like it was breaking off. After learning better to stray from Kerastase I headed to the salon to see if my hair could be saved without having to cut off a lot. My stylist suggested the Age Recharge Treatment. She said that it was the most hydrating Kerastase treatment available and that it would take the buildup out of my hair and balance the scalp and and that it would restore my hair back to what it was pre Ojon. She said that if a client comes in and says my hair used to be this (fill in blank) and because of x product it's like this (fill in blank) that the Age Recharge was usually going to be the right treatment depending on hair type. That it would restore the hair. So I went back and got the treatment. It smelled fresh, I love how Kerastase products smell. When I came out for the treatment my hair looked awesome and very soft. My stylist told me that instead of the bob I feared I needed that I could get by with an inch or so off the ends and that my hair wasn't bad, it was the products I was using. When I think of Age Recharge my first thought was wow, Im 28.....not an old lady. Then I was told longer hair, stressed hair is older hair. After getting my hair perfectly OCD detailed trimmed and layered I felt like I had a whole new head of hair. When I went to buy new shampoo and conditioner she said that the age recharge would be too much to my hair and to use the Bain Satin and Nutri Defense. She says the treatment is amazing.....if your hair needs it. When I went to the movies with my boyfriend later he felt my hair and asked why it was so soft. When I went in my hair felt like greasy straw. I would consider this treatment a success. I went to the Vidal Sasson Salon in South Coast Plaza, Orange County CA. The treatment was 37.00 though I suspect you could buy one for less on ebay. Considering your hair doesn't need it often I would just go get the treatment done. After my haircut I even got a coupon for a free Kerastase treatment. I would highly recommend this, it's not for everyone but if you had a situation similar to mine you will find it worth it.