August 28, 2014 | 1519 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Visibly Clear spot stress control daily scrub with MicroClear

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by heyitsem

I first bought this scrub back in July last year, where my skin was very spotty due to teenage hormones.
I have normal/combo skin and I use it daily, however this may not be advisable for people with sensitive skin as it may irritate your skin and this also requires a moisturizer afterwards as it can be a bit on the drying side.
Within one use, I immediately saw results and I continuously used it until my skin had become "immune" to it, but I still use it when my skin needs a bit of a pick me up.
The price is reasonable when not on offer but it is usually on offer in boots for "2 for 6" or 3 for 2. The regular RRP is 4.79 which, for a teenager like myself, is very affordable.
The smell of this product is very fresh which I love, it has green tea and cucumber in the scrub which makes your skin tingle and feel quite fresh after use.
I usually let it sit for about 5 minutes while I do my usual shower routine and then I wash it all off.
The packaging is basic, and it is in a squeezy tube, however this is very inconvenient when the product has just run out as I tend to struggle to squeeze the remainder of this product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by ktey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am SO acne prone, and this is one of the few things that doesn't irritate my skin. I had previously tried most of the high street cleansers, and some of the more expensive brands, and I didn't get on with any of them. I was running out of patience and just buying anything I hadn't tried yet. This one caught my eye because of the name 'spot stress control'... because yes I was so stressed out with it! It's not harsh on my skin at all, I don't get that tight feeling you get from some soaps and cleansers. I was under the impression that scrubs shouldn't be used daily as it would be too much for the skin, but this one is absolutely fine for use once or twice a day. The one thing I would say is that makeup should be removed first, and this used afterwards, as it doesn't quite cut through my makeup and my face doesn't feel totally clean. Whilst I still get breakouts, this considerably reduces the severity of them. I've found when I've missed a couple of washes with it my skin just seems to worsen slightly, I haven't discovered what my skin would do if I were to stop using it altogether because since I found it I haven't been without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by BargainBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this at my cousins house when I had a sleepover I used it two days in a row, before and after bed My skin tone evened out and was sooo smooth. The redness of my two pimples had completely gone and are now starting to dry up and disappear I should totally buy myself one

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by nlakhani

Amazing face scrub. Feel ultra clean and refreshed after use and it takes off all my make up in the evening and a great scrub to wake me up in the morning.
Brilliant at clearing up the skin and preventing spots.
I bought it while it was on sale and thought Id give it a go since I have a few friends recommend to me. Worthwhile!

Update: 22nd June 2014: This product is too harsh for my skin, the exfoliation is exacerbating more oil on my face giving me more break outs! Not using anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by rryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My mum bought me this scrub one day just for me to try it out; I am soooooooo thankful she bought it!
I absolutely love this face scrub, I literally cannot fault it! It comes in a bright orange tube and has a creamy texture with the little black MicroClear bits. It doesn't have a strong smell and isn't harsh on my skin at all, when you wash it off, it leaves your face feeling cool and fresh! Definitley a buy again and definitely worth recommending to anyone who will listen :) xoxoxoxo

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Crezias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this scrub. I've had terrible skin since I was about 12 (I'm now about a month shy of my 18th birthday) and I don't think my skin has been this good in about 6 or 7 years, and it's definitely in part down to this.
My skin is noticeably clearer, and whilst I've always had very oily skin, and clogged up, noticeable pores, even that's improved. My skin is also much softer.
It's also such a bonus that you need such a small amount; less is more with this one, as it is with most scrubs, as they need not to do their job if you use too much. It's also kind enough to your face that you can use it twice a day, as the directions suggest, without it drying out your skin.
The reasons I haven't given it 5/5 are that it does take a little while to notice, -I'd say a couple of weeks- and because my skin was so bad in the first place, the skin around my chin still isn't too good. I would also say that this isn't going to clear up your skin, just improve it; I've been using it about two months and what I've noticed is that it will clear it up, but only to a certain point, and then it's just maintaining that level of clearness.
But overall, I would recommend this to anyone, especially someone with oily skin, if they were looking to clear up their skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by wasabi11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried lots of skin care products in the past, as I have combination skin. But since using this my skin has improved lots. I would also recommend Neutrogena visibly clear oil-free moisturiser. Its great!! :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like that it contains cucumber and green tea, and that it moisturises well, but I prefer my scrubs to have more scrubby action in them. I'm sure it's pretty good for the skin but if I'm gonna use a scrub, I want it to really feel like it scrubs off all the old, dead skin, and this, as well as many others, doesn't.

Edit: While it may not be "super scrubby", I grew to like this product as I used it more. It seemed to help with my acne, without drying my skin. And honestly, those super scrubby products aren't very kind to the skin anyway. This still only gets 3/5 and I probably wont buy it again, since I prefer more natural products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ReemaBieber

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive Bought This Product Twice
When I Used It Beofre It Was Okay
It Cleared Uo My Skin In A Week & Left It Soft & Clear
Then After A Week I Started Experiencing Breakouts On My Chin & On My Cheeks Not Big Ones Just Mild Acne
Im Having The Same Experoence So I Just Dont Use It
I Am Usinfg Clean Start By Dermalogica Which Is A Teenage Range
Overall I Say BUY & TRY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Prazzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

You get a generous amount of scrub in the container and you need to use very little to scrub you whole face. The scrub smells lovely, fresh and clean, with maybe a hint of cucumber. The exfoliating microbeads are round, which I appreciate. I've used scrubs in the past with ground nut shells that are horribly jagged and bad for the skin. This scrub is very gentle.

It contains salicylic acid, something I always look for in a scrub, as it can help to clear blemishes and blackheads. The scrub leaves my skin feeling clean and soft and does not have a drying or tightening effect.

I do not suffer from acne, so I cannot say whether this will help clear up or control spots. I enjoy the pleasant smell and the exfoliating effects and would repurchase this product.