July 29, 2014 | 2007 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Oil Slick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

The packaging looks cool but it hurts your fingers to open it up! The sword handle kind of scratches your fingers. The formula thin, the color gets caught in the dry spots in my lips. I like how its not really jet black so that makes it more wearable. It does come off a little vampy though because I'm usually wearing more natural shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

This is the perfect grey on me. It goes on smoothly and just feels amazing on my lips. I don't even feel the glitter in it like I would in other lipsticks, so it isnt gritty. I love the taste and smell, seems really fruity, but just like all urban decay lipsticks the smell is very strong so if you are sensitive to smells it might not be a good thing to use. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should mention this first because this has been an issue with the other lipsticks, but this does not have any trace of the bitter aspirin taste, their newer lipsticks released in fall of 2009 have been corrected of this. The best part is that UD's entire line of lipsticks are vegan. Yay! This is a fantastic sheer black with glitter. Sounds terrible, but it goes on me as a greyish sparkly color, definitely wearable. I wear it to work on occasion, lightly applied and it just deepens my lip color and makes my overall look "darker" but not in an obvious way. No, it is not a true black but I did not want a color I could only wear once a year. Sort of Goth Lite!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Vilekiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I adore Oil Slick. It's a sheer color, so it can be layered or worn lightly as a dark tint. When I want to wear it as dark as possible, I fill in my lips with a black lip liner. Otherwise, I put one or two coats of it on my lips. I love the muddy, dirty color. It's a versatile lipstick, great for enhancing goth, grunge, and neon looks. Tastes and looks great. And really...what fun loving girl doesn't want to tell someone that she's wearing "oil slick" on her lips?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by EmilieP9

I love this lipstick, you can where is by itself with its sheer coverage or you can apply it over other lipsticks or you can layer a lip gloss over it. I love to where Oil Slick with Bourjois' Mauve Fantasmatic (#40) Effect 3D Cosmic lip gloss. They then create this amazing colours.. but also on my lips Oil Slick alone gives off a blue-ish colour on me, not brown... I think that depends on your lip colour, not the product.

- Emily (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by MistressInnocence

I really like this color. I don't have the problem of it turning a funky brown on my. If I only put on one layer it's a gray color and if I keep applying it the darker it gets. It looks really good with eith MAC pigmets or gliters buffed into it. I've used it with a little bit of Fuchsia and it comes out rather nicely. It goes on rather smooth as well. This is deffently a color I will gt more of because I find it versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by slafontaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best part of this lipstick is that you can wear it alone AND it is the most stunning color to layer! I have layered it over my brighter, summery reds and it cools them off and becomes some of the most beautiful plummy shades! That is the reason it is sheer & glossy. It's for those with a bit of an imagination and who know what to do with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This looked so cool in the tube, but it is a yucky brownish color on my lips. WTF? I was looking for a black lipstick! This is a black lipstick for the people who want to be "edgy" but are afraid of actual black lipstick.

Thankfully, MAC is coming out with some REAL black lipsticks in Style Black in September.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I'm ever in a position to spend $22 on a black lipstick that will only ever get mixed with other lipsticks/get worn as a gimmick, I will go back and buy this. In the mean time, my broke ass has rent to pay. On the bright side, the packaging is the cutest ever. I just want to tote it around and wave it in people's faces saying "The dagger! The DAGGER!"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking that it would be a good Halloween shade,as I'm on the cusp of turning 37 and goth type shades would look a bit silly on me.
I was pleasantly surprised that this is totally wearable! Like a previous reviewer mentioned, it does look like a browned purple/mauve on.It's really quite unique.It reminds me of a sheerer version of MK's Downtown Brown (on my lips,anyway.)
Pairing this with a taupe shadow like Satin Taupe on the lids really works well; it's a bit edgy without looking corpse like. The other great thing (like the others mentioned) is that you can play with the color,adding a red or mauve or even nude to get different looks. Not too crazy about the glitter aspect,but that is kind of signature UD. It isn't something I'd wear to work,but it is a fun shade for out on the town.