October 31, 2014 | 817 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by FrankieMyDeer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for years. Yes, you get what you pay for, but you also need to know how to apply liquid eyeliner to properly use this product. Some have said it dries out or makes the eyes sting - I have never had that problem once over the years. One liner will last me around 3-4 weeks. $1.00 a month on eyeliner is not bad at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lotusxflowerxbomb

I don't know why some people are hating on this product, it's really not that bad. The price is unbelievably cheap, and it actually works pretty well. The only problems I would say I have experienced with it is that it does dry sometimes, and it's like watery at times but other than that it isn't bad at all. I like the way it looks on me, some people just take things too seriously lol. Don't expect it to be amazing or anything, but it definitely isn't horrible. It does what it's supposed to!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Faerilyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Quite possibly the worst liquid e/l I've ever tried! Dried up within a week. Flakes and burned my eyes. Hard to control application. ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Hi90girl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I purchased it about 3 times and it's amazing! Its super black, super shiny and the brush tip is so easy to use! Once you use after a while, the fluid dries out and you have to kind of shake the bottle up. Other than that, it lasts very long :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

You really get what you pay for with this product ($1)...
Let me start with the pros:
*very dark black. I like this as some liquid eyeliners (especially sponge applicator variety) tend to go on as more of a charcoal gray. The very black color makes for some nice eye drama :)
*if you need to retrace over the line it doesn't seem to smudge or remove previously applied line.
*lasts all day and doesn't fade or smear off easily, even when its half way raining outside.

Now for the con's:

*wayyyyy too liquidy! The brush is almost dripping. It takes a careful hand and concentration to apply this.
*the brush is a little hard to work with if you are used to sponge applicators. The brush reminds me of a very thin paintbrush .
*Easy to mess up because of brush and consistency of the product
* it burns my eyes and makes them water
*after doing some research I must say the ingredients are questionable. I'm not sure I'm too fond of putting parabens and alcohol near my eyeballs.

In conclusion, I am not impressed and will not be repurchasing.

WARNING: DO NOT SPILL THIS ON CLOTHES IT DOESNT COME OUT.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner does a good job for how much you pay. I really like the applicator and the viscosity (fluidity?) of the formula. The fine tip and smooth liquid make it easy to draw a cat eye. It is a very deep dramatic shade of black. HOWEVER, this product can be streaky so you need to have some patience when applying it. I typically have to do a second coat after the first one is dry to make it a consistent black line. Shaking the bottle does help but beware, if you happen to fling any of it on your white tank top it will never come out, even with bleach. RIP. It is not waterproof so it will come off of your skin if you rub it, but I have oily eyelids and it stays in place all day if i prime them or use a powder first. Overall, if you're on a budget, this can be beautiful if you take the time to apply it evenly but this by no means is a replacement for some of the higher end brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Emily988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this liquid eyeliner! It goes on nicely, and the thin brush is amazzzinnggg!! It's such a deep shade of black and looks beautiful on! I don't think I'll ever be buying a different kind of liquid eyeliner! I'm super impressed. Plus it's in a super cute bottle!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ashleyford

PROS:
1. Only a buck so if you're on a ramen noodle budget like me, score! I get it for $1 from Target, although once in a blue moon I find it at Big Lots or Dollar Tree.
2. It has pretty good staying power as long as you don't accidentally rub it.
3. It comes in multiple colors and the black is a good, pigmented black. Not one of those eyeliners that comes out a weird off black.

CONs:
1. I've only found a few eyeliners not like this, but they do exist, so I'll list that if you rub your eyes later on accident, it will come off. Although for some reason this one gets more "dry" so when it comes off, it comes off in flecks, which I guess is better than streaking really easily. So, in reality, especially for a dollar it can get worse. However the times I find this difficult is doing winged eyeliner. It's so easy to forget you did winged eyeliner and if you rub by your eye it comes right off.
2. The shape of the brush is good for cat eyes for me, but depending on how you'd like your eyeliner to look, it can be wonky. I find it better for thick eyeliner than thin, but that's my personal opinion.

For a freakin' dollar, I cannot complain with this. It's my go-to eyeliner when I'm trying to save money, like now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive eyes and had no problem with this. Incredibly thin bristle brush which is great. It's much better then foam tip liners which are difficult to get a thin line and create a wing.

I have some beef with it. It contains parabens. The brush rubs off some of the line off when applying it over the same spot. Curling my lashes transfers the liner to the curler.

Oily lids won't do well with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupri

Love elf but this product barely worked for me :( really upsetting, wanted to love this for the price.