July 30, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Plumping 6 Hour Lipgloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

I love long wearing lip glosses that are relatively highly pigmented. My favourite is the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze in Perpetual Plum.

I have this L'Oreal gloss in the Plum shade as well. It is not as pigmented as some lip glosses, but it does give a nice bit of sheer colour. This shade has no shimmer. It lasts a few hours and feels comfortable on the lips, but a bit sticky. It doesn't last quite as long as the Revlon Lipglazes, and it doesn't set to the same non-sticky finish. It doesn't look wonky as it wears and fades. It doesn't dry out my lips.

I do love this as a long wearing gloss, and I recommend you try one out if you can find them. I think they are being discontinued, and I found some on clearance a few days ago at Shoppers Drug Mart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

this gloss surprised me greatly. i don't mind any stickiness etc in a gloss. it needs to be that way in order to last. this is one of the best long wearing glosses i've tried. i find that if i use over lipstick, and it sets, it makes my lip colour last longer too. i have 2 of these - in red and mauve and i would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This gloss is a bit sticky at first but gives deep color that lasts quite a bit longer than the average gloss. It's not the shiniest gloss, and ends up looking more like a lipstick when some of the shine fades, but doesn't dry out your lips even after all day wear. I'm pretty amazed at the lasting power actually. I like the squared off shape of the tube because it doesn't roll off the counter but I really dislike the applicator. It's very large and bends too easily, so a bit awkward to use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

My mom handed me "Plumped Mauve" after it didn't work for her (she didn't like the color). I tried to make this work for a few weeks, but even with a light application, this just seems too dark or "off" for my skin tone. Also, was not really a big fan of the way the formula dries to a "sticky" finish.

I also bought Plumping Rose, which is a MLBB pink with a bit more pigmentation. Really pretty color.

Overall, I do like the design of the packaging, but the triangle applicator is weird and my lips always feel tacky and like the top layer is flaking off.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Psychoscruff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so disappointed that they discontinued this lip gloss! I bought plumped rose at rexall for $4.99 on clearance seeing it's been discontinued Canada wide. I hadn't tried any L'oreal lip glosses before but I figured for the price I should give it a go. The color is a beautiful natural warm pink and I absolutely adore the heart shaped wand. This is definitely infallible for a lip gloss, I do get a solid 6 hours out of it even if I drink or eat with it on. It does feel slightly tacky, especially before it sets, but honestly, it's a lip gloss and I expect that. I don't notice any plumping but for $5 I didn't imagine I would anyway, I'm not looking for a miracle lip gloss, just a beautiful color that stays on and that is exactly what this lip gloss does. If I could buy it again I would, and will definitely check out the regular infallible glosses when I finish this tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by dawnlois

This is the best lip gloss I've ever used - hands down. I'd give it 10 stars if I could! Yes,it's sticky at first,till it sets.Yes,it can get gunky if you try to repeatedly layer it without smoothing it - that's because when you're applying more,there's still some on your lips. To my way of thinking,those are desirable qualities in a lip gloss that's supposed to be long wearing! Just the fact that it lasts for a few hours (while still being gleamy and colorful) elevates it to HG status in my world. Now there are going to be variables! If you smoke,drink alot or eat greasy food,this will not last as long as it might otherwise. And if you're one of those people who likes to rub your lips together alot and feel a lip product with lots of slip,you're not going to like this. But I firmly believe it will last longer than any other lip gloss out there. I can apply and still have shine and color 3 hours later,which is phenomenal.The only other products that come close are the stains (hello,Benetint) that go on patchy,bleed into any and every tiny lip line,and leave your mouth as dry as the desert. Overall,I'll say it again - this is the best lip gloss I've ever used,and I've tried most of 'em,from elf to Chanel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far one of the worst glosses I ever tried and I am a lipgloss junkie and own tons.
It does goes on very sticky which doesn't bother me a whole lot because I like MAC Dazzleglasses which are supersticky so no biggie. What I was bothered by is that my lips felt as dry as Sahara. I was only wearing this one day and my lips felt much dryer as they have been before. Lipgloss that actually dries your lips? Seriously..
As if that wasn't bad enough, the worst part was disgusting chemical smell that I never smelled in any other gloss before. Even the cheapest glosses like Jordana smell nice but this was totally disgusting.
Keep in mind that I am not someone is bothered by different scents in cosmetics but this was gross. I honestly don't think that I ever returned a lipgloss before but this is going back. Total waste of money. I would give it zero rating if I could.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by iamandaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the wand on this lip gloss! Sadly, i do not think it is worth the money. The reason i say this is because this is suppose to be a "plumping" lip gloss and it does not plump. It is simply a regular lip gloss type of product.The first thing you noticed when you put it on is a slight "cooling" effect that is not at all plumping. This effect lasts for a couple seconds and then it goes away. The lip gloss itself is not too sticky or liquidy; just enough for it to say on for a while. The color payoff is pretty good as well. You get the color you see. Overall i think this lip glos quality is pretty good but it just simply isnt plumping at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the heart shaped wand. It gets to all the parts of your lips. The first time I used it, I realized the formula was sticky and I was thinking to myself, ew. But it did tingle and it made my lips more full. I used it a couple more times and the sticky formula went away and became more consistent. After a number of times, it stops working, but it still comes in a very pretty shade that I use for lipgloss. It left little sparkles on my lips which my friend commented on. It doesn't last for 6 hours and it's definitely not worth the 10$, which is why I got it on sale for 5.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't usually buy makeup in drugstores, but I've tried a few things lately in hopes of saving money. However, it hasn't worked out that way...

This lipgloss did not plump, did not last anywhere near 6 hours, the red isn't red but more of a pink, it burns at first, it is sticky, and it has a strange odor that I can't stand. I paid $11 at CVS for this, and it was a waste of money. I would rather use any other lipgloss. I really can't think of a problem I've had with any brand of lipgloss in the past, so just about anything is better than this. Alba Botanica lipgloss is cheaper and better in my opinion.