December 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Sunscreen - Ducray - Melascreen Creme Solaire SPF 50+

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Jstar2009

This is one of my HG sunscreens. I love that it contains both of the Tinosorbs (S&M), is photostable, avo-free and has a PPD of 16. But what really sealed the deal for me was the light consistency and angelic glow it imparts to my face. I usually hate applying sunscreen but this is really one is quite hassle free- no piling up, no pore clogging, no greasy sheen, no white cast, and, of course, the *glow*. This one, I think, slightly edges out Skinceuticals Ultra Facial Defense (an avo-free, Mexoryl sunscreen) as my go to everyday SS- although, I always have that on hand- I like to rotate and use different screens :) I always apply Cosmetic Skin Solutions C E Ferulic underneath this too, for added protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by moppie2005

LOVE. Has a PPD of 16 which is great for daily wear. Also, for my dry skin, it provides adequate moisturization and does not make my skin feel tight or accentuate any flakies, which is a huge plus. Cream goes on invisible and does not ball up nor does it turn me into a greaseball by lunchtime. Unfortunately this item is incredibly hard to find in the US. If I ever find this available for good price, I will be stocking up on several bottles.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this recently having discovered it contains both forms of Tinosorb, and has a PPD of approx 16. This review is actually for the emulsion version of this spf. The texture of this product is a creamy lotion consistency, and even though it leaves no white cast on my face (I usually use Zinc based sunscreens) the formula feels very heavy and greasy on my skin. Throughout the day my face became very shiny and tacky, and also redness began to appear - I think it was either suffocating my skin or I was reacting to one of the ingredients. I think this would be great for someone who has a dry skin type and isnt sensitive skinned perhaps! But sadly its a miss for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this sunscreen. I generally prefer physical sunblocks (with zinc oxide being my preference over titanium dioxide), and my derm feels the same, but this is my most favorite chemical screen. It has both Tinsorb M and S. It also has other chemical screens, but the Tinsorbs are why I love it so. Tinsorbs, which are sadly and foolishly not yet FDA approved and therefore not available in U.S. sunscreens, provide great stable and broad spectrum (UVA aging and UVB burning) protection. They are not broken down by makeup like the favorite U.S. broad spectrum screen avobenzone is. So you can wear this under makeup and under zinc oxide-based sunscreens with no destabilization problems. LOVE that. I use the Cream, the Emulsion and the Milk/Lotion. Love them all, but I have not detected a big difference between the three types.

This is tacky feeling and, for me, that diminishes but never goes away (the entire day it has a tacky feel on my face), but I'm okay with that because it provides fabulous protection and it's not drying. I use foundation and a mattifying powder over it, but it's still tacky. But not in any way that bothers me. More in a way that makes me feel like it's not drying me out (which, as stated above, it doesn't). I even think it moisturizes some, which is rare in a sunscreen. Oily ladies, this is not for you IMHO (although the protection is), but normal and dry skin ladies should love it. I have been wearing it almost every day either on its own or under my Sofina. On days I don't wear it, I wear my Sofina. I always wear makeup over my suncreen, so this is a broad spectrum chemical sunscreen dream come true. Five lipsticks all the way. You can get it from Euro sites like Beautyplatinium, Tubotica, frenchcosmeticsforless, and more. Suncreen lovers and PPPs, I highly recommend it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by wiizens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the best ss i've ever used! last year, i thought that i'd already found my favorite ss - Mustela Spray. It was not until several weeks ago, I was trying to look for some products new. i found Ducray Melascreen SPF50+, avobenzone-free, no zno or tio2, high percentage of tinosorb s plus tinosorb m. i was worried about the actual effect at first, however, i've been using it for almost one month. since my dry skin was extremely sensitive and intolerant to the sun exposure and some chemical filters (i'm in Europe, south France), it is hard for me to find a real proper product with matte effect on my skin. a lot of people are afraid of leaving a white mask on their face by using an inappropriate ss, well, Ducray is a little white indeed, however, if you patiently rub it until it evenly cover on the fact, you will not feel any uncomfortable and embarrassing white mask. in fact, for me, it works quite well and improved my skin condition. i'll definitely buy this product as a MUST HAVE ss. since there's no avobenzone, we could also feel free to apply any make-up after.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to get a good sunscreen, since before Iíve been using only moisturizers with low SPF so I got this since it was the cheapest sunscreen in the pharmacy. I know how difficult is to find a good sunscreen and when I first tried it, I thought that Iíve got a HG. Unfortunately, after a month of using this, I have to say that I donít like it.
The sunscreen has SPF50 and PPD is 1/3 of the SPF so this means PPD is around 16. The tube contains 40ml.
The product comes in a tube with a pump. I like that the packaging is very hygienic. The instructions say to use 5 or 6 pumps for the whole face. Although Iím aware that it decreases the degree of protection, Iím using only 2 pumps.
When I first put it on my face, it feels lightweight and itís very easy to spread. A minute after, it becomes sticky and uncomfortable. It doesnít have a white cast, but my face feels greasy for the whole day. Even when I put a foundation and a loose powder over it, my face is still shiny. Not to mention that it breaks me out.
I definitely wouldnít repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by delshimy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this about a couple of weeks ago. At first I hated it, because it felt really thick and greasy, left a whitish cast and my makeup would ball up whenever I applied it on top. BUT.... then I realized I wasn't applying it properly: the trick is to continue rubbing it until it disappears completely into your skin. Since then it's been great: very, very, very minimal shine/white-cast (can easily be taken care of with some loose powder), it doesn't get oilier throughout the day and doesn't break me out. This is my first high PPD sunscreen, so I'll try out a couple of others before I decide if it's HG, but so far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by lialotel

The most important thing to me, was the measuring...The instructions said 5-6 pumps to be spread throughout face, which was 3 times more than i usually use, so thanks for the info :)
It does not clog my pores, it feels nice when i spread it, but if I try to distribute it for longer than it requires, it flakes. Not good. It makes my face quite oily so i prefer to use a powder on top of it. I am still looking for HG, this is not the one, but still this and the bioderma one are the only ones I would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by ztirkazoid

In my neverending quest for a matte, cosmetically-elegant sunscreen backed up by a good PPD rating -- I decided to purchase Ducray's newest offering from tubotica. This sunscreen contains no fragrance and an added bonus -- a pump quantimeter to measure the exact amount of sunscreen needed for proper sun protection.

This sunscreen dries quite immediately upon application, giving you almost little to no time to spread it. As it does dry quite matte, you will be able to "feel" where you've applied the sunscreen if you touch your face with your fingers. However you will not be able to "feel" it on if you *don't* touch your face -- if that makes sense. It does not feel heavy and the sunscreen has a nice, creamy texture to it -- not liquid-y like some LRP sunscreens. Absolutely no white cast after the liquid has fully absorbed; and I am not fair-skinned.

Liquid foundation applies beautifully over it, oftentimes I can see my sunscreen move on my face even if I've given it enough time to absorb. Not Melascreen -- once it dries, it stays in place.

It is a little too pricey for me for how much sunscreen you get (40, *not* 50 mL for $32.37 CAD shipped) but I can't knock the product. Avene is just a lot more economical, which is one of the reasons why I won't re-purchase. I have no regrets about trying it out, however. I've been using this for a few weeks now and I am not experiencing any facial clogging (I will update this review if I do). For oily-skinned and clog-prones, you will appreciate this product.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Octocrylene, Glycerin, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine (Tinosorb S), Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol (Tinosorb M), Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, C-12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, Chlorphenesin, Decyl Glucoside, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tribehenin, Xanthan Gum.

Estimated PPD of ~18.