Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow brush 14S

on 9/20/2009 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So it is soft but very firm, which I like, but the handle is long which I don't like, and most importantly it says on the website it is a sable brush but if you look closer, it says it is made from squirrel. My dog chases squirrels - they are rodents to me - and I cannot use this on my face. Yuck. Sorry. Yuck again. I don't ever want to know again. Ewww. Returned it. Also, so expensive - I bought a Quo one for 40% off at $7 and I am trying to budget and would rather spend on a great lipstick so I will stick with the Quo and I will never again look up or ask what kind of hair they are using. I am looking forward to trying the non-animal hair brushes.

UPDATE: Well, nothing matches this brush. I bought another one and I LOVE IT. Does the perfect job, denser, gets right in there. Quo was a waste of money. Love it.

on 8/13/2009 10:29:00 AM

The 14s is a pencil brush. It has a rounded firm yet soft shape and is great for crease work, smudging and defining. The bristles are soft and I much prefer this brush to the MAC 219 pencil brush (which I find stiff and pokey). It's firmer than the
Bobbi Brown Eye Smudge brush. Overall a great brush which I use a lot. No shedding or loss of quality with repeated washes.