September 18, 2014 | 1333 users online

Lipstick - Barry M - Lip Paint (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Cranberry red 162 my new best friend, grabbed this in my search for a deep blue toned red and it does not disappoint, I've seen people say they can be drying but I don't find this I would however exfoliate and moisturise lips before applying because it can draw attention to dryness, I find better results from using a lip brush than straight from the tube I have experienced abit of pulling, I like the packaging strong enough to throw in a handbag and I've never had trouble with the lid falling off. Also great affordable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Milzj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lip paint 148, what can I say?... amazing! Beautiful bright pink shade, makes a statement, lasts all day. I then came across lip paint "A touch of magic," which I was shocked to find out was green when I got it home! This brilliant lipstick turns a different shade of pink for everyone who tries it on, depending on their bodies' acidity (wow!) It is light when applies, but soon fades to a more vivid colour; it is like a lip stain, lasting even longer than shade 148! And all for 13 (6.50 each.)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Aimrimx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I'm quite mixed with this actually, I was in my local drugstore looking for a quite deep purple lipstick to try out and came across no#156 vicious violet. The colour was gorgeous and exactly what it was looking for, and it was also matted, which I love in a lipstick. Anyways i put it on, it was quite dry but I like it that way, however the colour was quite a bright shade of pinky purple, it was nice, but wasn't the colour I was expecting:( overall I do like the product, it's a lovely lipstick and very well priced and stays on all day. It might have just been this colour in particular which didn't come out as I thought it would.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought one of these lip paints on ASOS as it was on special for NZ$5 - and who can pass up that? I bought shade 147 Peachy Pink. It is exactly that. A light peachy pink! I LOVE the colour, it looks so gorgeous on, even though it's quite light, it makes me look like I have more of a tan than I actually do, but in a good way! Formula is what I'd expect from a light colour. It isn't drying but it isn't super moisturising either. I do have a gripe with the way this wears however, it looks fab once applied but after about half an hour it starts to flake off, leaving patches. For that reason I wouldn't repurchase more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I chose Sunset as well, and I have to disagree. On my skin tone it's definitely a coral and not an orange. In the same way MAC Vegas Volt has a little pink to it and Morange does not. This lipstick is not dry on my lips, and it feels nice. It doesn't slip outside of your lip line and I don't feel the need for a liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I kept meaning to post a review on the orange lip paint (on me!) 151 aka Sunset. On me it is a slightly vibrant light to mid orange without any red or pink tones. Definitely not coral. Note, I did say on me, not on anyone else so other users might disagree but that's what MUA is all about. It is not for the faint hearted and it's only because I have a tan (currently around NC30 to NC35) that I can at long last carry it off. It is creamy, opaque and long lasting. It is not drying at all and goes on smoothly. Would look gorgeous on darker skin tones. Don't be scared by how it looks in the tube (neon!) - try it on then see what you think. Check it out on Google Images and you'll see what the shade looks like for most users.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by puprleflossi

I bought one of these is shocking pink and i absolutely love it. It's super dramatic and bright but also I can apply it lightly over lip balm for a more sheer subtle pink. It stains the lips so it lasts well and I think the price is really good!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by HedonicGirL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Currently using Barry M Shocking Pink and Barry M Vibrant Pink. Both are bold, in-yo-face shades of Nicki Minaj-ish pinks. Luv the fierce colors. The only drawback is, the heavy pigments leave an extremely difficult to remove reddish stain on the lips once u wipe it off at the end of the night. No matter how much I rubbed my lips with tissue and makeup remover, the reddish stain was still visible on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by amberbabyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutley love the Barry M lip paints! I started being obsessed with them when i was in my pre teens but as soon as i got my first wad of money i went to buy one! My favourite shades are 101 Marshmellow because it is super pale (like myself) and i love the 1960's 'mod' look. It is quite drying because of it lack of pigment but some lip balm or vaseline underneath does the trick :) it's also good for mixing other lip shades to make them lighter. My other favourite is 100 Bubblegum pink, this was the first one i bought. It does have some blue tones running through it so would'nt be wise for maybe olive skin tones, again it's abit drying and i have noticed it wears off quickly and leaves a brighter pink stain behind. Overall they are one of my favourite drugstore lipsticks. Ranging from mattes to sheens they are pretty good! Retail at 4.49

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I really like these, I only have two, one which the number has rubbed off so I wouldn't be able to say (lol) but the other one is in the shade 100. They are both pink shades, with one having a slight magenta hue and its quite bright and vibrant and 100 is a baby/pale pink and has quickly become one of my very favourite lipsticks. They are very matte, so if you prefer a 'glossier' lipstick then these probably aren't for you. My only negative thing about them is that they are very drying, which means you do need a bit of vaseline or something similar to put on first, which I find dilutes the colour a little bit which is annoying. However overall I think they are really nice, affordable, reliable lipsticks with a good colour selection and nice packaging.