November 23, 2014 | 2018 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Dove - Pro-Age Body Cream Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by buzzwap

I bought this as I have terrible dry skin on my legs, its all bumpy and yuck. I love the bottle packaging and the texture of the lotion - it feels very luxurious and creamy.
I have only used this half a dozen times and each time experience a slight tingling/almost burning sensation on my skin about 10 minutes after applying it. Its hard to describe properly, almost an itchy feeling.
I'm not sure of its because my skin isn't used to the AHAs in it BUT this stuff has got ride of my dry skin and all the bumps already. I will persevere and hope the sensations go away with regular use and will most likely repurchase because it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just bought this product - love the pump design (I notice it also comes in a tube, but this is what I saw in the store -- loveeee pumps!) -- I just put it on, I don't notice a strong smell that people are commenting about; it has a scent, but not what I would call "strong" or even all that noticable and certainly not unfavorable.

I am only 25, but I bought this because I was looking for a body lotion that will moisturize but also give anti-aging benefits - this contains AHAs, SPF (5.... so, barely nothing, use a sunscreen in addition to this!) glycerin (binds water to the skin for moisturizing effects) and olive oil for nutrients & extra moisturization.

I love the way my skin shines when I use this product; it does seem to "sit on the skin" if you do not have very dry skin but that feeling doesn't bother me. I do not find this product to be irritating or ineffective, and at $5.67 for a huge bottle (with pump!), I would definitely re-purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by moreisbetter

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading good comments about this product in a magazine, I was looking forward to trying it. First thing I noticed was the strong scent. Unfortunately, I found the scent to be cheap smelling and unpleasant. The product itself was just OK and seemed to just sit on my skin. I tossed it. I have yet to find a really good everyday body lotion with a nice but light scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this a lot when I'm not using the body butter in the same line or Aveeno. The four lippie rating is because it moisturises very well for a cheap lotion. Yes, the fragrance is strong, although not unpleasant.
Downsides: I can't use it after shaving my legs because I have sensitive skin and this makes my skin itch if used immediately afterwards.
It takes a lot of rubbing to get it to absorb.
The fragrance (although nice) is strong so it may interfere with your perfume.
But it's one of the better cheap lotions I've used and the Pro Age range is often on offer at Morrisons, Waitrose and Tesco.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by jmstraight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the regular Dove Cream Oil and I absolutely love it. I had a coupon for $1.50 off a bottle and no one had the regular so I got the Pro-Age. I used it once. I don't know if I got a bad bottle or what but it smelled HORRIBLE!!! Seriously, it smelled like bad pickles or something. I could not get past that so it went in the trash. I will continue using the regular version though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by jaschild

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was excited to give this product a try and having a coupon only destined me to buy it. i have used it for about a week, so i can only give first impressions. it leaves a nice, silky feeling that moisturizes my legs well. however, the fragrance is VERY STRONG. i do not, by all means, have sensitive skin and normally am not offended by fragrance, but this one even tends to make my eyes water. i found this so disappointing and only hope they will make this product fragrance free or with a lighter hand. i will purchase again IF they reformulate with a lighter or no fragrant variety.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by theresa06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The effectiveness of this product purely depends on preference and most importantly SKIN TYPE.
I have extremely dry skin, where i have to moisterize a minimum twice a day, so therefore i found Dove Pro-age cream very effective. However if you have normal or oily skin i dont recommend this product as it will be tooo oily and will irritate you. It gives a nice shine to the skin and absorbs rather quickly. also if applied after a shower, before you sleep the next morning your skin will be incredibly soft and look more healthier.
the cream has a nice texture and it really cheap and is very different to most body creams ... so will i buy it again?... YES ..i love it !!