November 24, 2014 | 1605 users online

Eye Shadow - Quo - Minerals Matter Duo Sahara Sand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely eye shadow duo. The shadows are mineralized and they are very soft and apply smoothly and with beautiful pigmentation. One side is a light, shimmery colour along the lines of colours like Naked Lunch, All That Glitters and very close to the LE Grand Entrance (all from MAC). The darker side is a beautiful shimmery taupe (think MAC's Moth Brown or Prepped for Glamour or NYX's Iced Mocha).

The shadows are packaged in a very sleek looking brushed metal compact. Each side opens separately and the lid has a "piano hinge" which seems very sturdy and each one snaps shut quite securely. Each side also has its own small mirror. There is a third narrow compartment behind the side-by-side shadows which holds a double ended sponge applicator...not the greatest but, let's face it - when there is an applicator included with eye shadows it's almost always a bog-standard sponge tip or a pretty crappy, scratchy or overly soft and useless brush. If you have a good quality but very short handled brush, it would fit in there. But this is a GREAT duo....totally flattering for any skin tone, I would think, and very wearable and work-appropriate, in spite of the sheen. I plan on getting one or 2 more of these duos if they go on sale (Blue Lagoon had the most gorgeous dark black/green with gold flecks colour)...they really are great and every bit as good as Nars duos for a whole lot less.

UPDATE: I am still loving this shadow duo but after just a few months, BOTH mirrors fell out (first one, then a week later, the other). I've reglued them but I was lucky that they fell out at home and that I was able to grab them before they fell and shattered. Also, the edges are REALLY thin and sharp. Far better not to include mirrors or to make sure that they're securely and permanently in place!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by koreangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought the Mineral Matters QUAD and I`m loving the pigmented colour! definitely must check out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Quo has been really impressing me with their new products. This e/s duo can stand up there with any of my HE shadows, and is miles ahead of other d/s shadows I've tried. It's very soft and velvety, but not so much that there's fall-out. It's also well pigmented, and the colours are gorgeous, which I find most d/s shadows lack. The taupe shade is very similar to MAC's Shale or Illegal Cargo. Overall, the duo reminds me of NARS Kalahari - not exact dupes of the shades, but same idea. I just wish it came in MAC-sized pans, I'd love to pop these into my 15-pan palettes for easier reach. While the packaging is well-made, sturdy and nice-looking, it's larger than it needs to be, and it's too bad that they pans aren't "standard" MAC size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

Canadian girls must check this out! Quo is an exclusive brand at Shoppers Drug Mart. One side has a neutral gold shade and the other has the most beautiful taupe I've seen...the taupe has a purple base with silver shimmer. The texture is so smooth and easy to apply and it last quite well, it reminds me of MAC. I'm not positive but the taupe shade may be a dupe for MAC Style Snob, can't say for sure because I don't' own it. I'm going to try the other shades when they go on sale. I got mine free with Shoppers Optimum points. Regular price is $19, 2.5g in each pan.