December 21, 2014 | 874 users online

Palettes - Philosophy - Supernatural Coloring Book

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I swapped for this as it looked perfect for me - a couple of neutral eyeshadows, a couple of blushes and a couple of lipglosses in a small case that I could throw in my purse for emergency touch up moments. However, when I finally got around to using it I wasn't all that impressed.

The best item in the whole set was the pale ivory eyeshadow which I wore to death. The brown/taupe eyeshadow color was too dark and matte, and was unflattering on my deep set eyes.

The cream blush was ok but I didn't like the texture and the way that the cardboard around the blush would get sticky with the cream. The pink powder blush was too dark for me, and the brown blush/contour was also too dark and looked dirty on my NC15 skin.

The lipglosses were tiny, and noting special pigmentation-wise and ended up being covered in powder from the blushes and eyeshadows so I hardly used them.

The cardboard packaging got dirty fast and got stained from a leaky foundation in my makeup bag, making it look awful. I am glad that I didn't pay $37.00 for this, but it was a disappointment nonetheless. I ended up depotting the ivory eyeshadow and throwing the rest of the set away.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I took a chance and purchased this product at Big Lots for around $3. Not sure if it was discontinued? I definitely would not pay the retail price since these are sample sizes. I carry this in my purse and I love it.

The colors work great with my skin tone: fair skin with pink undertones, dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes. The eye shadow has lasted a long time and is very light, not heavy. Definitely for day time wear. I use the "honest" brown powder blush in addition to the "down to earth" powder blush in my inner corners extending upwards to add definition to my eyes. Since I have scarring on my face I don't care for the "honest" blush as a contour. I love both the "true" powder blush and the "bare your soul" cream blush. Both of the lip gloss colors are great but run out really fast.

Comes as a small book covered in canvas that has gotten covered with my concealer. Magnetic enclosure. Hasn't come open in my purse but I carry it in a makeup bag just in case.

I would purchase "true" powder blush in a separate. It has lasted a long time, as well as the "down to earth" eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jennybunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this!!!! Great to take in my purse for touch ups and the colors are so neutral they go great with any outfit!:) love this!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by brandi9689

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at Big Lots for $3.00- the colors are neutral and this is great to carry around in my purse for a quick touch up. I can't believe this would retail for $37.50. Thanks Big Lots for the great bargain.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by AllisonRoth

Hi! These can be found at Big Lots stores nation wide for $3 along with a ton of other philosophy cosmetics. Great product for the price, the colors are on the "safe" side but this is something slender enough to put in a purse or backpack when your having a fugly moment and need some umph to get you through.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by terbear12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most natural beautiful colors! I use this everyday! If I want to spice it up I add a shimmery liner and a little extra lipstick. This is so wonderful! I just can't say enough about it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The writer in the review beneath does a terrific job of explaining the colors so I won't be redundant here. I'll just add, "What color?" Are they kidding? First, I want to say that back in 1997, Philosophy made THE best makeup set: full-sized matte eyeshadows and blushes, full-sized, beautifully-colored lipsticks plus all of the brushes you need. Brilliant!! In a moment of nostalgia, I thought, "Ooo! This is great!" Wrong. This is what Estee Lauder gives you for free during a gift with purchase. If you actually use the lipgloss, you'll be finished with the tiny pan in two weeks. I am as pale as a sheet of paper and these "colors" barely show up on my face. Duped again! I don't know what has happened to Philosophy - I know the company was sold - because the products are getting lower and lower in quality.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this from QVC for $37.50. It's not a bad palette, but it's insanely overpriced. The palette itself is sturdy cardboard and measures about 4x6 max, with a small mirror in the inside top of the cover. It closes magnetically. It contains two shadows--Reflect a Little, a *very* slightly shimmery ivory, and Open Your Heart, a *very* slightly shimmery light brown; two lip glosses--Pure of Heart, an essentially colorless shimmer that looks pink in the pan, and Down to Earth, a slightly shimmery wine color; and three blushes--Bare Your Soul, a warm pink cream, Honest, a bronzer, and True, a peachy-pink powder. The shadow pans are about the size of a nickel; the glosses, a dime; and the blushes, a quarter. There's not a lot of pigment in any of the products. The shadows are silky and lovely, great for a natural look; the glosses are sticky and prone to bleeding; and the blushes are quite chalky and the colors are not very flattering (at least to my MAC C3 complexion). As usually happens with palettes that contain a mix of powders and creams, the creams end up getting contaminated with powder particles. Also, the cream products are very prone to melting. This is a good idea badly executed and truly insanely overpriced for the amount and quality of the products. I returned it. I like many of philosophy's products, but not their makeup. I hope they get their act together in that department.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No