October 25, 2014 | 1302 users online

Lips - Ocean Potion - Ocean Potion Lip Potion SPF45

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

this could be used as a lip primer for me. its moisturizing yet it is not greasy or glossy at all. i can use my sheer lipsticks without losing the real color :D
although for a lipbalm, this is the most expensive :S it was $13 or 11 but woah most of my lipbalms are $5below

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by dameunbeso06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this product! I use it when i'm out by the pool in the summer or in a tanning bed and my lips never burn. It is long lasting and can also be worn under another lip product.
I also use it in winter to protect my lips from the cold. I like the flavor and it is thick enough to coat but not feel "chunky".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to like this product. It's fragrance free, has a high SPF, it's water resistant, non irritating, not thick and greasy, and leaves your skin comfortable. All of that is the makings of an HG product.

But what's going on with the company not specifying the percentages of actives??? I mean, who lists the minerals and chemicals in a sunscreen and doesn't tell you how much there is of each one?? It seems shady. The only active in here that provides good UVA protection is the zinc oxide, but I'm guessing that the percentage of ZO is pretty low since the cream blends right into your skin almost instantly. Products with an adequate amount of zinc or titanium require a lot more rubbing and blending. So this might be SPF 45, but my guess is that it covers mainly UVB and has a low PPD. So I'm not fnishing the jar or buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I spend a lot of time outside and needed a new lipbalm with SPF. It seems that most lipbalms do not contain UVA and UVB protection. I went to the store intending to buy another brand of lipbalm. They didn't sell it, so I bought Ocean Potion Lip Potion SPF 45. I think it was $1.83. It contains broad-spectrum protection, so that's a big plus. Most lip balms don't. I just wish Ocean Potion listed ALL of the ingredients. In addition to containing Parsol 1789/avobenzone, it contains Aloe Vera and "other" moisturizing ingredients. Who knows what "other" means? The package says it's water resistant
I tried the Ocean Potion out while kayaking on a local lake. Seemed to work fine, was moisturizing. It smells good, like orange/vanilla.
I'll buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by nnmca

My HG lip balm. I have been using this product for many years since discovering it at Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, it has all but disappeared from my local stores, including Wal-Mart, so I order it online a dozen tubes at a time from www.opotion.com. It feels fairly waxy, which also means it lasts a long time. I love that it has broad-spectrum SPF 45 since I work outside all day and need full protection. I put it on every night and the next morning, not only are my lips soft, I can still feel the balm there. I have never noticed the taste, maybe I am just used to it, but many people have commented on the smell being delicious, like fresh-baked orange cookies. Hubby has never complained after kissing me either, which is more than I can say for other balms. **UPDATE: after checking online, it looks like they have discontinued the SPF 45 and are now selling two-packs of SPF 30. Will have to try it and post an update, although I am disappointed the SPF has gone down! **

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2003 4:39:00 AM More reviews by ComplexCorrigan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this and was so excited because most lip balms with SPF do not have avobenzone/Parsol 1789 in them. Unfortunately I am unable to handle the taste of this! I found that rubbing some regular Ocean Potion SPF 30 sun screen into my lips works well -- I just can't reapply unless I bring the whole bottle with me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by jones1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Has avobenzone, doesn't feel very moisturizing to my lips, couldn't handle the flavor it left on my lips/in my mouth. Finally gave up & got some black jack and ecco bella from lipmedic.com. <- much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by cerebrate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So close... yet so very far! The texture is a little waxy and doesn't soak in all the way, but I can live with that. Great SPF in this product. Great fragrance, too. However, either that truly great SPF ingredient or that great fragrance equals a truly repugnant flavor. I have tried using this over a dozen times. I always end up with this unbelievable, indescribably horrible taste in my mouth - and I think it affects my breath, too! Yeccch. It's like something crawled in my mouth and died. Beyond awful. I can't live with that! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2003 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

I found this line through MUA and initially used their face sunblock and loved it! I got this lip balm at Long's in Maui for $1.49. Hubby loves it too! I do wish that this product came in a squeeze tube instead of the waxy format.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2002 3:49:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This is a lip balm in a twist tube with a full spectrum sunscreen and SPF of 45. It goes on easily but feels a little waxy on the lips. Smells like orange-pineapple, but taste is a little synthetic. Does not turn my lips whitish--a big plus with me. Super cheap; I paid about 2 bucks, but kind of hard to find unless you're on the coasts. I live in the midwest and had to order from Ocean Potion directly at www.opotion.com.