July 30, 2014 | 2056 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product intermittently for at least a year or so. The only other eyelid primers I've tried are from the elf line. I may update this after I use my urban decay primer sample.

Pros:
-I have oily lids and this stuff keeps eyeliner and eyeshadow intact that nothing I've ever used before, yay!
-It's cheap, like all elf products. Double yay!
-Compact skinny packaging great for stuffing into a travel-sized make up bag. Triple yay!

Cons:
-....none?

Vs other primers:
-It's been a while but I think the only other primer I've tried is the elf studio one that comes in stick form on one end and a liner sealer on the other end. That product was a flop because it smeared everywhere and got really greasy and doesn't even compare to this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few products where I read good MUA reviews but when I used it, I hated it so much that I threw it away after 1 use. I still stumbled upon positive reviews so I repurchased it thinking that I may have misjudged it. Nope, I still hate it! It is only $1.00 and that is about all the good that I can say about it. So let's talk about the negative aspects. First, it has a doe foot applicator (like lip gloss applicators) which does not make it sanitary because it cannot be washed/cleaned. Second, it feels too watery. I tried using less product, fanning my face so that it dried faster and it didn't help. Third, I won't say that the product does not work, but I will say that it does not work for me. It simply did not make my eyeshadow last longer. Even though it is expensive, I'll stick with Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you have oily eyelids like I do, this probably won't work for you. The first time I tried this, I applied a little too much, and my eyeshadow creased and was a greasy mess in less than an hour. The next few times I tried it, I used less, and it lasted a bit longer, but it still creased in about 2 - 3 hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this a while ago and initially it creased on me. I didn't use it again until I was experimenting with using concealer under my eyes to hold shadow, and because of its thin consistency I thought it might work well.

I have actually started using it quite a bit, as an alternative to Nars. I pat it on my lids in thin layers and allow it to dry and it doesn't crease at all. It is tinted so It gives my lids a nice even base to apply shadow on, and it is very easy to work with shadow on top of it. And it also works really well as an undereye primer.

In short, well worth the $3, and it stands up well with high end brands in my concealer collection. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by veebaby25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard about this primer through a youtube guru comparing it to the Urban Decay Priming lotion. Obviously, it is not better than UD but I still think it is a good product for the price you are paying for. It goes on very smooth and does help make eyeshadow come up a lot more pigmented on your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by PrincesadeHielo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is actually the best eyeshadow primer I have used. It does the job perfectly! My eyeshadow always creases, no matter how much primer I apply, and no matter how expensice the product is. But not with this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jenniferrallynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: price, packaging. Cons: starts creasing after a few hours. I do like this product. You can't beat the price, but it just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the 24 hour color tattoo by Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's okay as a cheap eyelid primer. However, it start creasing a bit after a few hours.
I also get the trouble, that it applies kind of oily when i start using it after i haven't used it for a long time, and i have this problem with other eyelid primers as well. I think that contributes to the creasing.

It's better than wearing no eyelid primer, though. The creasing is truely less than when not wearing anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by carrrly321

Love this! I have had it for almost a year, use it everyday, and I'm just now starting to run low! Lasted a very long time. Anyways, it keeps my eyeshadow lasting for a LONG time! Kept it perfect for 24 hours on my homecoming day, even after being slept on! And it's very inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

I would buy this product ALL OVER AGAIN. I love how it keeps my eyelid matte and it conceals the subtle veins on my lids and my eyeshadows stay put with this! Amazing!!!