April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Natural Wear Lip Shimmer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Clapyourhandstwice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think these are lovely and have amazing staying power but they really dried my lips out. Packaging was fine but I'm not sure I would repurchase because they dried my lips out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by InfinityGuitars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Wet n Wild Natural Blend Lip Shimmer in Sugar 102, which is a shimmery soft, baby pink colour. There is shimmer/glitter, & I'm not a fan of it. I think the shimmer overpowers the colour & gives my lips that frosty, "teenage" look. The shade Sugar 102 itself is very pretty & the colour payoff is surprising. I was expecting more of a tint or balm, but the formula is really close to being a lipstick. It is moisturizing & doesn't settle into the lines in my lips. It's not sticky or too thick & it smells minty Lip Shimmer smells like Burt's Bees products to me.

Unfortunately, because of how odd all that shimmer looks on my dark skin, I'm going to have to wear this on top of or underneath another lip product. The only time I can imagine wearing this alone is if I were to go to a party or some type of evening event. I like this product itself, but I just can't deal the unsubtle glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by 78peahen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

As I've been switching my products to natural ones, I've found there are many so-called "natural" things out there that still contain some of the worst chemicals (*cough* Burt's Bees Radiance Nite Creme). Then, the things that truly are "clean" are pricey as heck. So imagine my joy when I found these lip balms/tints!! Great quality, amazing price and no bad ingredients. Wow!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Lilola07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried the colors berry and cinnamon and they are both gorgeous. They are pigmented, moisturizing, long wearing, and not sticky at all. They also have a slightly minty scent which I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am pleasantly surprised with these lip shimmers! I have four of them (Spice, Berry, Tart and Frost) and have reviewed some of them individually, but wanted to write a collective review because I think they are a good bargain for what they are. Other than the color Frost (very pale shimmery pink, similar to Burt's Bees Champagne lip shimmer) they are quite pigmented and they all have good lasting power. They don't contain petroleum or parabens which I try to avoid whenever possible. And, they are dirt cheap (1.99 where I live and they frequently go on sale). My favorite color is Berry, a MLBB shimmery medium pink. But I actually like all the ones I've tried. I would recommend this product for anyone who likes tinted lip balms. I have more expensive ones but I find myself reaching for these quite often.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

I bought this product knowing it's more of lipstick than a tinted lip balm. Plus, I had a coupon so it was only $1. Well anyway, I was still surprised about the intense cover this "lip balm" has! I got the 105 Spice and it was pinkish-red. It is definitely not an everyday look for me since it was intense, but maybe a dramatic evening look.
One swipe of this on my lips and it's there. You really notice the change of color on my lips. Compared to other colors, this particular one isn't as shimmery, but you can notice a light shine.
I would love to try more colors

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It's an okay product. I have it in the shade "Sugar" (No. 102). It can melt, so I try to be careful not to put it in a place that's too hot. But it goes on smoothly and leaves lips a frosty, baby pink color. It also has a bit of a minty scent to it, which is refreshing and cooling on the lips... plus could freshen your breath a little. However, I would not buy this product again. I don't use it too often and I've used many other lip balms I liked better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lipglossluver812

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a frosty light pink. it looked pretty, but the color i got would look better on darker skin. i also got pinky red, and i loved it. PLZ get it. it's so pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by lipstickholster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Natural Blend Maple Lip Shimmer by Wet n Wild is another color that is absolutely beautiful on us, Black women. It is more pigmented and prettier than Burt's Nutmeg Lip Shimmer!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by LoveInTheRain

As the makeup lover that I am,I never hesitate to try a new brand of makeup.So, when I encounter this Wet N Wild product in the isles of Walgreens,I said "Why not?". It's very much inexpensive.So I did not have much to loose.
I got it in two shades, Berry and Frost .The Berry shade is rich in it's color.It's great for one of those days when you want to let your skin breathe and wear only a bit of mascara and a tad bit of color on your lips ,to look alive.The Frost shade is WAY too shimmery.I expected a baby soft pink shade with some shimmer.But it's more shimmer than color.After applying a light coat of the Frost lip shimmer,it gave my lips a white shimmery mess/snow globe effect.
The name says it all.This is NOT a lip balm.All you are getting here is the shimmery affect of a lip gloss in a lip balm sort of packaging.It's not ideal for those of us who have dry lips and need that extra moisturizing effect in our lip products.if you have chapped or dry lips, you must exfoliate them before applying the shimmer.Otherwise you are going to get a rough looking lips with some color on it.And honestly girls, who wants that?
This Shimmer is not long lasting.The color lasts as much as 10 to 15 minutes,if that, on the lips.And I don't know about you,but I don't want to go on a date or an outing and have to apply and re-apply shimmer over and over again.But it does have a nice minty smell to it making your lips somewhat kissable.
One great thing about this product is that it's certified by The Natural Products Association.This means that you are not applying unknown chemicals onto your lips and harming the environment along with it.It's made with all natural ingredients.Which can give a customer like me a feel good conscience, knowing that this product is not only safe for my lips but that is also earth friendly.
Overall, you are getting what you paid for.It is a $2 product after all.