November 24, 2014 | 1773 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Sugar Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the first time I ever felt like writing a review after the first time I used any product. Seriously. Wow!

Ok, so the process you need to go through to use this will not wow you. In fact, it is a quite tedious process, and the application is a bit tricky (Like a few of the LUSH products). I put the dome into a ziploc bag, put the bag on the kitchen floor and had a good go at it with a hammer (just imagine you are smashing someone you really hate, yeah...! Therapy! XD Or just get one of the men in the house to break it for you) until I have reduced most of it into a loose powder, then into a clean empty coffee jar it all went. I had a bout of OCD, I crushed any remaining lumps with an old spoon, and scooped out a little bit of it and put it in one of those measuring cups you get with cough syrup to take to the bathroom. After I used shower gel to clean, I then turned off the water, took a bit of the powder and just smoothed it onto my skin. It was kind of weird, I have never used any body scrub that lathers up, but I guess if you are short for time and need to exfoliate, then you might be able to skip shower gel or soap and just scrub away with this. It might feel a bit abrasive at first, but after it lathers up, the crystals just melts away. The result was smooth and moisturised skin. The shave after this was just excellent, it left my skin so smooth and I managed a really close shave. I didn't have to use a lot of it either, the amount of powder I took in (half a 10 ml cup) was more than enough for my whole body, so I was really puzzled at the reviews talking about making very few uses of this product, at the rate I am going through it, it's going to last me quite a while! Oh, and the smell is so soothing, mostly lavender and herbs I don't know the names of... but I love LUSH bath products, because they make it such an indulgence to the senses to do something that is totally mundane. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really love this scrub! It smells like fresh cut grass and really gets the job done! If you don't like rougher scrubs I wouldn't recommend this, but the key is very little pressure. I love using this before I shave as it gets my shave really close and super smooth. I haven't had any problems with it melting. I keep it in my medicine cabinet when I'm not using it so it doesn't get mooshy. Definitely repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by AcapellaDitty

I love this product. When i buy one i break it up into a small pot so i can use as much as i like (usually about 2-3 uses) and its very heavy duty but it exfoliates my skin wonderfully.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by ils13

What a mess. Seriously, if it didn't have the LUSH name-tag on it, people wouldn't ever think of praising something as pricey and messy as this. LUSH tells you to use it in the bath or the shower, but if you do that the whole lump is gone in no time. I only used it once so far; just, grabbing it with wet fingertips already caused one side to crumble and melt. Then I rubbed it against my legs and arms and whole clumps and pieces fell off. So I put it in such a soap bar-holder so it could dry without lying on a wet surface, to no avail. I thought it would dry and was hoping to save at least half of my bar but no. It keeps on melting and dripping all the time, what a mess! To all those Lush-addicts going "people who dislike this just don't know how to use it", leave it already. We do know how to use it; the way LUSH tells us to. It doesn't work. And I'm not interested in spending a ridiculous price on something for which you have to do several studies and search the whole internet before you can find a way to MAKE it work in an acceptable way, just to be able to say that i'm using AND liking yet another LUSH-product. Instead of spending all that time and money, I can just as well grab some oil and sugar and make a messy scrub myself.

Oh and by the way, even though I didn't get to scrub properly, my skin DID feel very soft after all. Because of the oily ingredients, that is. Will never purchase again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scrub, like the bath bombs, is basically a single-use product. As soon as the moisture & warm of the shower hit it, even without direct water, it started to melt. I really enjoyed the scrub, I love the texture, color & scent, but I'm not sure if I would buy it again because $6 for one shower is pretty spendy. I wish they'd package it in a tub like Rub Rub Rub. Then it might be a little more workable. Anyway, I may buy this again as an occasional treat because I do like how my skin feels after using it but definitely would not buy this regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by mellire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One of The best peelings i've Ever used.

!!! I'm pretty sure that the majority of the people having written a bad review simple use the product not correctly. !!!

> This ist how I use it and how it perfectly works for everybody:
I'm using the scrub in a plastic box. This ist due to the fact that you have to mix the scrub with water. You have to take a Lot of water. The reasons for that are:
1. you can make the most out of the product (it's two to three times bigger with water!)
2. the amount of water causes the peeling effect - if you use less water it's going to be heavier and if you use more water it's going to be softer.
3. with the water it can be used as a normal liquid peeling or shower Gel - perfect for the use of the product

After mixing it with water you can store it in your plastic box. With the water it's perfectly useable and smoothy.

It works! I also like the smell! It's definitely THE peeling for me!

When I've started to use this product I was making the same mistakes however I can handle with it perfectly.
That's why I'm convinced that the majority simple don't know how to use it.
Follow my instructions and I would bet you're going to love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by albinathai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I used to make my own scrubs but this is for the same price. I keep it in a container and used it to exfoliate my body before I shave my legs. It has a really herbal grassy scent and almost lathers up. Which I live because it doesn't leave my sling feeling dry while I scrub. I am nearly out and will buy another one soon

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Jastinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic scrub. You just need to know how to use it correctly. Biggest downfall is price and packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I found this scrub WAY too harsh and difficult to use. Obviously there are ways of making it more effective and gentler, but when it comes to body scrub, I'm really not interested in faffing around trying to make it work, especially when it's so expensive for what you get. I might as well make my own scrub. This stuff just hardened into a rock and was too scratchy to even use on my feet. It did smell nice, but that's really the only positive for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product straight up hurts to use, especially on my legs. Actually, especially everywhere. It smells so good and is a great product idea, but no matter how long wet it is it doesn't seem to help and I feel like it cuts my skin. And watch out for the edge! So scratchy. Ain't nobody got time for that!