April 18, 2014 | 1386 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Sugar Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by albinathai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I used to make my own scrubs but this is for the same price. I keep it in a container and used it to exfoliate my body before I shave my legs. It has a really herbal grassy scent and almost lathers up. Which I live because it doesn't leave my sling feeling dry while I scrub. I am nearly out and will buy another one soon

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Jastinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic scrub. You just need to know how to use it correctly. Biggest downfall is price and packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Like many others, I found this scrub WAY too harsh and difficult to use. Obviously there are ways of making it more effective and gentler, but when it comes to body scrub, I'm really not interested in faffing around trying to make it work, especially when it's so expensive for what you get. I might as well make my own scrub. This stuff just hardened into a rock and was too scratchy to even use on my feet. It did smell nice, but that's really the only positive for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product straight up hurts to use, especially on my legs. Actually, especially everywhere. It smells so good and is a great product idea, but no matter how long wet it is it doesn't seem to help and I feel like it cuts my skin. And watch out for the edge! So scratchy. Ain't nobody got time for that!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yikes.

As a reference point, I self-tan/get airbrush tans a lot. Therefore, exfoliating is key in making my fake tan look beautiful and natural. I struggle in finding an exfoliant that actually does its job in getting rid of patchy self tan spots.

This is a heavy duty exfoliant. It comes as a solid bar, making it tricky to figure out how to properly use it. I've tried diluting it in a different container with water, breaking off a piece and getting it wet before scrubbing, etc. The issue with this is that it's horribly scratchy. As in, I had visible cuts on my body after using it. I tried to be gentle about it, but the scratches still happened. What's odd is that I didn't feel it hurting my skin while using it, but a few hours after I got out of the bath, I noticed cuts all over my body.

As a foot scrub it actually works.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Ok I think they need to make a YouTube video on the different ways to uses this sugar scrub. The first time I tried one was over two years and I hated it, tried using little pieces, it kept getting to wet and soggy and most wet right down the drain. Then about six months ago a mini one came in a gift box and tried it dry as a body buff, after a couple uses it became to hard and ruff. I grounded it up and mixed with shower gel and it turned into a sloppy mess( maybe to much shower gel) so last month I get a wild hair up my butt and ordered anyone, determined to find out what everyone was raving about. So this time I stuck it in one of the large black pots(1sugar scrub makes a little over half a pot) and sprayed just a splash of water in it. It makes a very thick paste and a little goes a long way. BEST SCRUB EVER! It's not moisturizing at all but my skin was so smooth afterwards. It seems to have large and small grits so it really polishes the body. My advise, buy one( I'd get it from UK , they are much cheaper) cut it in three or four large pieces and see which way works for you. Also is a good dry substitute for a foot Scrub. I've already bought two more to stock up.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by mittensdontgrowontrees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am a fan of Lush but this is unfortunately the first product of theirs I have strongly disliked. Like many others, I found it scratched my skin and left tiny scratch marks. It also, when wet, hardened to a rock-like consistency and when crumbled apart there were 'crystals' of grains in it that made it too painful to use.

It smells nice, and I used it on my feet to get some use out of it but I will definitely not be buying again or recommending it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by swirleycoffee

I just started working at LUSH for some seasonal cash, and the team of regular associates let me in on a tip for their solid sugar-based scrubs:
break off a piece, then mix with your favorite shower gel.

This goes great with the Grass shower gel. It makes it easier to smooth on (you don't lose grains as you are applying) and gets two steps done in one motion!

I really like this scrub, but I do agree that with no instruction it is a bit of a mystery as far as how to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this when looking for something gentler than the sea salt scrub. It's an okay product, but not really worth the price. It's a pain to grind down and because it doesn't come in a package, I find myself wasting a lot. It's a mediocre exfoliater, smells nice and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth (but not for long). The product itself lasts quite a while though. Wouldn't recommend considering there are lots of cheaper drugstore alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ceila

Very impressed with this scrub , I have keratosis pilaris on my legs and thights , this scrub does smooth out my skin and make it look more even toned and clearer , the nasty red dots of KP condition are less noticable now , I followed it by sephora body butter .. It works great for me , if u need some too abraisive scrub for your stubborn skin this will help a lot , if u have delicate already perfect skin then save ur money this stuff isn't for u .. It's expensive for what u got I consume it up in 5 showers !! It costs around 10$ where I live .. And that's my only complain I wish they had it in bigger mold .. However I'm definitely repurchasing ;)