December 19, 2014 | 1706 users online

Hair Removal - Gigi - Hair Removal Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by polish27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been using this product for a while now (the one for face) and absolutely love it, it removes the peach fuzz on my upper lip and on the rest of my face (i dont like hair at all unless its were its suppose to be: head eyebrows lashes u get my point) i have very sensitive skin and i leave it on for about 5min and it works perfectly no burns or irritations whatsoever also love the calming balm as well keeps skin smooth and touchable after hair has been removed

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Deci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I put the product on my.....my uh bikini area and I'm so sore I can't even move. I left it on for 7 minutes.... is there a way to treat the burn or should I just leave it be? Did anyone else experience this?

Also a side note it left some hairs.....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

I did better than everything else I have ever tried. The best part about it was that it did not sting, even the most sensitive areas of the body. I highly recommend this item. I just wish I could but a gallon of this stuff lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Jessibean

I have the version that specifically says for face. I used it on my upper lip for 6 minutes (it says to use between 5-7), and it chemically burnt my upper lip. OUCH. two days later and its a big rash. Ugh, so bad. It does actually remove hairs though, so I think its my sensitive skin that is the issue.

I'll try it again for like 3 minutes and see, but if it burns me again I'll be pissed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried this for the first time tonight (the one for face) and so far I'm happy with it. I've always had problems removing hair from my upper lip. Threading, tweezing, and waxing all leave me with terribly unsightly whiteheads that pop up a day or two and I am unable to hide them. I finally had to quit doing that so I've been bleaching my upper lip for a few years now. Well, I'm getting sick of it and I'm pretty paranoid all the time since I know it's still visible in direct sunlight. I asked cafe and I was recommended this so I decided to give it a try. Well, I used it for 5 minutes only and it certainly did remove the hair! I was quite satisfied with the results. The lotion itself reeked of rotten eggs, but that's something I can deal with for a few minutes. It seems that I put some on too large of an area because the skin around my upper lip is still red and irritated, after a few hours. Next time I use this, I need to make sure to ONLY put it where the hair is. Maybe my skin is just sensitive to things like this. I will update if I experience anymore irritation or if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by oceanfragrances

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been trying to clean up my upper lip area for about six months now and when my godmother suggested this product I was a little skeptical but since I've used it, I'm a GiGi believer! I've tried Nair and Veet, and they've given me chemical burns and let me tell you that wasn't pretty. So I turned to plucking my upper lip which became pretty annoying after a while. When this product was suggested I was nervous, hoping it wouldn't burn my skin like other lotions had. Since I have super sensitive skin I left the cream on for about six minutes and it worked! I did feel a little nervous when my upper lip began to sting after I wiped the lotion off, but after using the soothing lotion that comes in the package I was alright. This product is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone, especially if you have sensitive skin. There is a way to get rid of unwanted hair ladies, and GiGi is the best way to go!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This did not work any better for me than Nair's Shower Power. It does smell better than Nair. For some reason, I have trouble finding something to remove the regrowth, the hair that grows back in softer and finer. This only removed maybe half of the regrowth on my legs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

thanks to MUA, i went and picked up the lotion & the cream version last night. this hair remover is the SHIZ! i bought the lotion for my underarms and legs and the cream for my bikini area as the hair is coarser there. i only did my underarms and legs last night but seriously, this stuff is AMAZING. i dampened my pits and legs, left it on for only 5 minutes (they recommend 7 mins, but nothing longer than 10 mins) and wiped it off with a washcloth. it smells like cucumbers. today my legs are STILL smooth (no stubble!) and my pits are super pretty! no razor bumps, no cuts, no stubble there either. i am SO pleased. each bottle was about $7.00 and thats a bargain even if you use the entire bottle. GOOD STUFF and i am more than satisfied. Thanks MUA'ers! my bf is excited because im going to do his chest tonight! woo woo...what a find! i will update after i do my bikini area...i am planning on going in farther than the bikini line too...!
UPDATE: hmm. i tried this on my "bits" and it burned like heck and so did my underarms. what did i do wrong? maybe i wiped it off to rough? too scared to use it again...first time was fab!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, count me in. I'm a believer. This product has changed the way I have previously dealt with hair removal and takes on all comers and almost blows them away. I don't know if it will replace any other method totally, but it's a powerful tool in the battle of the bristle, and a preferred one for me as long as that lasts! I have the cream with the soothing cream included. This is by far the most feminine and graceful of ways to treat unwanted hair - truly it makes me feel more like a girl! I never would have thought I would be raving about putting a bunch of chemicals on my skin, but obviously development in this type of product has come a long way. I got the one for bikini and legs. Do like: gentle scent, easy application, short wait time, forgiving of application variances, the virtual total hair removal, NO STUBBLE, no dark roots showing, no nicks, no cuts, or roughened skin, no red bumps or irritated skin. I also have the Gigi No Grow(?) and apply that between uses. My pits have never been softer to the touch and stubble free. I also did one application on my bikini area so far and that was so nice and gentle and did a great job! My concerns are: long term use of a product like this, expense of use, I think I get a faint chemical smell from my underarms - as the hair grows out maybe? This product is meant to cling excessively to hair to work well so I take care to thoroughly remove it afterwards. I may up that to include an after cleanser. But anyway I'm so glad to have this product. It will be great for travel!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by GlowMeAway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm SOO mad at myself!! Why, oh why, have I been waxing for so many years when I could have been using this?? Seriously. I started off with the hair removal cream for face, and fell in love. I applied a thick layer to the peach fuzz on my face and chin, waited 7 minutes, and was completely smooth! I didn't feel a thing until I wiped it off, then was red and burned slightly, so applied the calming balm (included), and it calmed down immediately. The next day, NO pimples (I ALWAYS get them with waxing, it seems like right about the time my pimples calm down, it's time to wax again. ugh. But not so with this!!). Just soft, smooth skin.

So I tried out the hair removal cream for body and same GREAT results!! I'm in love!! I think the only thing I will keep waxing will be my eyebrows! I have not tried this on my bikini area yet, but that's coming up next. So we'll see if I will get to get away with using this or if I will have to keep waxing that area. For the record then, I've used the body cream on my arms, underarms, belly, and legs, and tops of toes. I'm not really that hairy, and I'm a blonde so for the most part it's not terribly coarse, but I like to be completely hair free everywhere but my actual head. And I suppose my eyebrows. :)

But overall, yeah baby, two thumbs up!! Oh yeah, and it's cheap!! Around $8 a tube at Sallys.