Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick My Mahogany

4.2

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My Mahogany is a shiny caramel brown with no shimmer. I like this lipstick, but it's nothing too spectacular. I bought it because I don't have any other brown lipsticks in my stash and I figured I might need one eventually. It is flattering since it doesn't have a very strong undertone.

on 2/9/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love! Its a great neutral/nude for my NC35 yellow undertone skin. I've been looking for a peachy, brown, nude color which gives a bit of pop without being super loud and this is it. Highly recommended for other NC30/35'ers. The lippie goes on creamy then dries up a bit but I'm fine with that. As long as they make it, I'll buy it.

on 8/7/2010 11:28:00 PM

My Mahogany is a nice, neutral lipstick. This one is very similar to e.l.f. Rosy Tan, which I have been wearing as my everyday neutral. My Mahogany my be MLBB. Not sure yet. These lipsticks are slightly drying, so I use Carmex underneath. I live in the desert and it's 116 degrees right now, so every lipstick is drying. I really like this shade and it's perfect for me right now.

on 8/2/2010 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I cannot get enough of these Color Sensational lipsticks! I am an NC 30 for reference and this color looks wonderfully neutral on my skin. It is creamy and moisturizing and will keep adding more of these to my growing collection.

on 6/27/2010 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This a nice pinky-brown lipcolor. Application of this is creamy and coverage is really good. I am able to change the shade subtly depending on the liner i use with this. I use a nude liner when i want a brown nude lip but i usually prefer to use a plum liner with this to achieve a very natural looking flesh toned pink lip. I usually just use clear gloss over My mahogany for added shine.
I am a C8 in MAC studio fix and this is a very flattering shade on me.

on 9/25/2009 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I really like this color. It is a neutral natural looking taupe, a brownish nude. It's so pretty. I was going to get totally toffee but I like this instead since it was darker. It goes on kinda thick but that's ok because it's moisturizing and long lasting. I would buy this again. I'm tan and the lighter nude colors wash me out, but this looks better on me. It does have a clay like smell but I can only smell it if I put my nose to the tube, and who really does that on a regular basis. When this is on, you cannot smell or taste a thing, or at least I can't.

on 9/8/2009 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is the second lipstick I have purchased from Maybelline's Color Sensational Line. The color is the most perfect nude shade for my skintone. I usually have a hard time finding nude lipsticks because they tend to wash me out. But this does not. The texture is really nice, creamy with a matte finish. I will admit there is a bit of a weird smell when I applied it but it's not enough to bother me. Therefore, I did not take a lippie off for that. The nice thing about these lipsticks that I have found is that when they fade they fade evenly so it's not as noticeable. I will def purchase this again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The lipstick came on very hard on my lips, and tasted really really bad, not that your supposed to taste it.
The color was beautiful though.

on 8/10/2009 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Gorgeous wearable nude with a touch of brown. I didn't even know that M had this color in its new lineup...pleasantly surprised to find it at Walgreens! I own just about all the nude shades, and this one ranks up their with the coffee and toffee.

on 8/9/2009 9:51:00 AM

I bought this last night after looking at all the colors. My Mahogany was just about a tad darker than my natural lip color. It is silky, smooth and feels great. I have not worn it all day yet, so I can't yet rate the staying power, but on first try, it reminds me of clinique lipsticks, so it probably won't stay long. But, it is very moisturizing and soft. The color is a pinky brown, good for everyday. The tube is pretty too. The only thing I didn't like was the funny/sweet smell, the reason only 4 lippies for this. I'd probably buy this again.

Recommended for Medium Skin