Maybelline Superstay

3.6

on 2/22/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I hated this concealor. It looks cakey and creases really bad. Its very hard to blend and sets very fast. I couldn't find my shade either. I would recommend the maybelline fit me its WAY better

on 2/16/2015 11:54:00 PM

Looked pretty cakey, the coverage is buildable but it will start settling into lines. Wouldnt repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have extremely oily eyelids & no matter what primer I use, my eyeshadow only last for about an hour or two. Even though it's a concealer, it's literally the perfect eyelid primer ever! A little goes a LONG way & if you get the right shade, it's perfect for just mattifying your eyelids and covering veins and such. So, if you don't like this as a concealer, try it out as a primer!

on 11/18/2013 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely a concealer for blemishes rather than for under the eye. I think it's way too dry for use under the eyes. I also wouldn't cover dried up acne or scab type "blemishes". I use it for dark sun spots that are on the left side of my face, I dab it on to the dark spots and the product hides the blemishes extremely well. Price is fair. Not a bad product, just not a good undereye concealer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product was awful for me. It was way too drying for my skin even though I have oily skin and it didn't seem to cover anything. Super hard to blend, very drying, did not like it.

on 7/17/2013 5:32:00 AM

Ok it IS very dry, but for the summer and for oily skin I think i does a great job.
For a drugstore concealer, the coverage is very good. I a VERY little amount under my eyes and I wear the MAC pro long wear on top of it. It makes it ''less dry''. I don't know for the fine lines, I don't use it too close to my eyes, but I guess it would settle and make them look worse.

They don't have enough colors.

on 7/14/2013 12:22:00 AM

I am a concealer junkie so I had to purchase this especially because I liked the Maybelline Super Stay foundation. This is something that I store in my make-up bag for touch ups. I purchased this for $12 AUD from a local pharmacy. It is probably the dupe of many high end concealers out there. Great value for the price.
There are a lot of shade available, but I find that this is so popular that most places run out!! It is a high coverage concealer that is highly pigmented and has a matte finish. One layer is enough to covers most of my acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, acne, pores and undereye circles.
It isn't very buildable because it does cake, but more layers can be applied if the product is warmed up properly.
It has a faint chemical smell which I don't really notice. It a thick gooey concealer that is creamy and smooth, but not very fluid. I don't break out from this formula unless I leave it on for a long time. I find that the formula separates a bit over time but after shaking/ mixing it up it's fine! Sometimes it does accentuate lines and dry spots so properly moisturising is a must!
To apply this I use a separate brush, or use my fingers to warm up the product to dot and pat the product into place. It lasts all day and has good oil control.
The packaging doesn't feel cheap and most liquid/ cream concealers are packaged like this. It's sturdy and travel friendly. It has a screw top with a doe-tip applicator which is fairly unhygienic though.

I don't love it but I don't hate it... it dries quickly like the superstay foundation.

I DO NOT recommend this for under your eyes!!!!
For blemishes it works great.
I haven't used it in about 2 weeks and the product looked like it had separated?.. Personally just not a 'wow' product..

My favourite concealer of all time! I have tried high end concealers & I always come back to this! The coverage is amazing! It is definetely full coverage. Yes it is thick but it will only look cakey if you apply too much! Its very easy to blend! This concealer only comes in 3 shades, light medium & dark. I use the medium. Not many people know about this concealer & know how good the coverage is, but I would definetely recommend this if u want high coverage & a flawless face! Its also a very good price! :-)

on 5/5/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this concealer in Cream. It is a good match for my NC25 skin once blended out.
It is comparable to Maybelline's Mineral Power which is discontinued. I also have Mineral Power in Cream. Superstay is a little more pink toned and does well to correct dark under eye circles. Less is more with this product! If you want fantastic results, dab a dot under your eye, blend away with fingers or with a synthetic brush! It is creamier than Mineral Power. Lasts longer also!

I bought Maybelline Superstay 24 and Maybelline Mineral Power both in the shade IVORY and swatched it on my hand but it is the wrong shade. If either of these concealer is anybody's HG, please inbox me. I will post it to you (Australian residents only, sorry!) IVORY would roughly work on NC15 girlies.
I have only swatched these on my hands! They are opened but have not been used. FOR FREE OF COURSE.