October 23, 2014 | 1844 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Superstay

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Penguinsgorawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily eyelids & no matter what primer I use, my eyeshadow only last for about an hour or two. Even though it's a concealer, it's literally the perfect eyelid primer ever! A little goes a LONG way & if you get the right shade, it's perfect for just mattifying your eyelids and covering veins and such. So, if you don't like this as a concealer, try it out as a primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Steelhead242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a concealer for blemishes rather than for under the eye. I think it's way too dry for use under the eyes. I also wouldn't cover dried up acne or scab type "blemishes". I use it for dark sun spots that are on the left side of my face, I dab it on to the dark spots and the product hides the blemishes extremely well. Price is fair. Not a bad product, just not a good undereye concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by nicolelanae24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was awful for me. It was way too drying for my skin even though I have oily skin and it didn't seem to cover anything. Super hard to blend, very drying, did not like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Greybillie

Ok it IS very dry, but for the summer and for oily skin I think i does a great job.
For a drugstore concealer, the coverage is very good. I a VERY little amount under my eyes and I wear the MAC pro long wear on top of it. It makes it ''less dry''. I don't know for the fine lines, I don't use it too close to my eyes, but I guess it would settle and make them look worse.

They don't have enough colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by exu2

I am a concealer junkie so I had to purchase this especially because I liked the Maybelline Super Stay foundation. This is something that I store in my make-up bag for touch ups. I purchased this for $12 AUD from a local pharmacy. It is probably the dupe of many high end concealers out there. Great value for the price.
There are a lot of shade available, but I find that this is so popular that most places run out!! It is a high coverage concealer that is highly pigmented and has a matte finish. One layer is enough to covers most of my acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, acne, pores and undereye circles.
It isn't very buildable because it does cake, but more layers can be applied if the product is warmed up properly.
It has a faint chemical smell which I don't really notice. It a thick gooey concealer that is creamy and smooth, but not very fluid. I don't break out from this formula unless I leave it on for a long time. I find that the formula separates a bit over time but after shaking/ mixing it up it's fine! Sometimes it does accentuate lines and dry spots so properly moisturising is a must!
To apply this I use a separate brush, or use my fingers to warm up the product to dot and pat the product into place. It lasts all day and has good oil control.
The packaging doesn't feel cheap and most liquid/ cream concealers are packaged like this. It's sturdy and travel friendly. It has a screw top with a doe-tip applicator which is fairly unhygienic though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I don't love it but I don't hate it... it dries quickly like the superstay foundation.

I DO NOT recommend this for under your eyes!!!!
For blemishes it works great.
I haven't used it in about 2 weeks and the product looked like it had separated?.. Personally just not a 'wow' product..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by sophienicolexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favourite concealer of all time! I have tried high end concealers & I always come back to this! The coverage is amazing! It is definetely full coverage. Yes it is thick but it will only look cakey if you apply too much! Its very easy to blend! This concealer only comes in 3 shades, light medium & dark. I use the medium. Not many people know about this concealer & know how good the coverage is, but I would definetely recommend this if u want high coverage & a flawless face! Its also a very good price! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this concealer in Cream. It is a good match for my NC25 skin once blended out.
It is comparable to Maybelline's Mineral Power which is discontinued. I also have Mineral Power in Cream. Superstay is a little more pink toned and does well to correct dark under eye circles. Less is more with this product! If you want fantastic results, dab a dot under your eye, blend away with fingers or with a synthetic brush! It is creamier than Mineral Power. Lasts longer also!

I bought Maybelline Superstay 24 and Maybelline Mineral Power both in the shade IVORY and swatched it on my hand but it is the wrong shade. If either of these concealer is anybody's HG, please inbox me. I will post it to you (Australian residents only, sorry!) IVORY would roughly work on NC15 girlies.
I have only swatched these on my hands! They are opened but have not been used. FOR FREE OF COURSE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I thought that the claim for "superstay" was pure advertising, but i got really suprised.

I bought this on the colour 03-Light. It was the lightest available on the website i purchased, and decided to give it a go because i was looking for a full coverage concealer with decent staying power for my oily skin and i read some good reviews online.

I was worried about the color, because it seemed too dark and too pink (i have yellow undertone), but actually it works fine, even on top of the foundation. It becomes seemless and it blends really well all together.

It has really great coverage, so i love it for my blemishes and pigmentation spots (from old acne). It's very pigmented and you only need a tiny bit to cover them...

It can be drying for some people, it dries really fast and it doesn't move.. i have oily skin and it works fine to me. It can cling to dry patches on pimples that are healing but i noticed it's not too obvious, at least for me...

You have to apply thin layers until you have the amount of coverage you want without looking cakey... i usually apply two and it's enough for me..

As for staying power...OMG... it's really superstay. At the end of the day my foundation it's not the same, but the concealer it's still there, covering those blemishes, and without fading :O ...until i remove my makeup at night... really amazing...

As for dark circles, i think there are better options because it's a little bit drying for that area... and i would need a lighter colour for that...

So, great coverage and great lasting power... it's all i asked and i got it :D i'll definitely repurchasing it but maybe one shade lighter...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lara90

Completely disappointed by this product. Ive been looking for a good concealer for around the eyes and I trust Maybelline, but it looks incredibly cakey and dry, and the lightest color is way too dark. Might be good for blemishes but the color is all wrong.