October 23, 2014 | 1589 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - Chrome Carmine

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Aliide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Chrome Carmine is a golden pink color, strong golden sheen. Similar colors are TKB Trading's Apricot and The Conservatorie's Gold Earth.
I would buy this again only if I did not already have the similar colors. If you have the dupes already, do not bother.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: This comes very close to HG material for me because I love golded pinks on my hazel green eyes! Interestingly, despite that it looks cool-toned in the sample baggie, the base is more of a salmon pink, rather than the golded cool pinks or golded peachy pinks I usually wear.

Applied dry over UDPP: It went on as a light golded salmon pink. Compared with the other CS shadows I've tried, this one did not seem quite as pigmented: I needed about 3 coats to get it to my desired coverage and also had to touch it up in the afternoon. Even with UDPP underneath, it traveled a bit into my crease, so oily-skinned beauties should beware!

Applied wet: It performed much better. With one coat, it showed as a gold-glazed salmon pink, a tad darker and brighter than when applied dry. It also showed more gold shimmer than my usual such shadows reflect. This application stayed all day until I removed it and would probably be best for evening wear.

Applied dry over UDPP Sin: This made it look closer to how it appeard when applied wet! I think this is my favorite application.

Applied dry over color base: The fleshy pink base muted down the shimmer factor quite a bit, but the pink and gold shades came through clearly. It looked velvety/suede-ish. This application would probably be best for daytime/office wear.

Price: $1 for a huge, honking 1-teaspoon (or more) sample.

Packaging: Small baggie with a zip-lock top; annoying but could easily be transferred into a sample pot.

Would I buy again: Yes, if I lost this or spilled it, I would buy another sample again because I doubt I could ever use up a full jar of this! continued >>