July 26, 2014 | 1767 users online

Top/Base Coats - Christian Dior - Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Marihoene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really fast drying, indefinitely smooth and glossy. It doesn't really thicken either(a teensy, tiny bit, I think, but not so much that you have to thin it). The shine lasts for a long time too, in comparison to other top coats that dulls pretty much within the next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by PolishedSalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think I'm on a 7th bottle. THE BEST top coat when it comes to drying and application.
I use it for pedicures on all my clients. I pay full price, about $30 and still use it at the salon because it's worth EVERY PENNY. You can also use it almost to the last drop.
This top coat dries un-believe-ably FAST it's almost scary! LOL.
Clients freak out that I apply the oil on their toes and do a foot massage like 2 minutes after applying top coat and nothing smudges :)

The brush is a little "fat" but once you get used to it you are golden.
You can't apply any pressure while using it, otherwise you'll smudge the polish underneath. "Feather" it on with a super light but controlled brush strokes.

Usually when the bottle is half empty or little less I open another bottle and refill the old one with a fresh one 3/4 full. Great little tip for you :)
On the hands I use Vinylux Top Coat. A little slower drying but longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by debaser94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This...this is THE top coat! Picked it up after reading a bit about it in Glamour magazine. I was really disappointed with seche vite and the shrinkage it caused, no such problems with this one. Dries super super quick, gives a beautiful (but not too over the top) gloss and makes my polish last that bit longer (even my Essie ones, which normally chip after a day or two...). Doesn't go gloopy halfway through like seche vite. Expensive, but so so worth it. Oh, and I apply this a little after I've applied the polish (maybe a minute?), not wet and straight on like with seche vite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by marinafani

I won't say much It's the best top coat i've ever used and what I like most is its watery consistancy.It also dries super fast and it has nothing to do with other supposed professionalbrands

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by nailpolishdebby

I have gone thru 5 bottles of this already. It is the BEST of the BEST fast dry top coats, HE or DS.
Like others have mentioned, Dior Top Coat has a thin consistancy. It almost looks like water (sorry I can't find a better comparison). And unlike Seche Vite & Poshé, it stays that way,even if you use it often.It doesn't bubble or shrink. I use Seche over "top coat eating glitters " then I use Dior over that as well.
The bottle is great quality too. The packaging is the same as the regular Dior polishes,except the plastic cap (& box) is white,not silver. The brush is good too, which they changed a few years ago from a blunt cut brush to a tapered/rounded one. I usually cut the tapered part because I find it fits my nail shape better. You just have to try it and see if it works for you as is. I've reused my empty bottles to franken in and decanted other polishes into them. They are that good.
This is HG for me. I find that it fixes streaks and bubbles quite well. It also helps when used on top of Seche Vite, like it doesn't cause it to shrink as much. Its like investing in a good quality brush or tool-it makes whatever product you use, HE & DS alike look good, even if its not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Dundrumlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best top coat i have ever used. Actually diors nail varnish is the best nail varnish i have ever used altogether. They have everything you need, great colour selection, PERFECT brush, long wearing and dries super quick. Absolute miracle in a bottle, good value@19 euros

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Kimske

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this topcoat twice, as it came with the limited editions of Dior le vernis Paradise #558 and Aloha #638. I've been using INM out the door for quite a while but found it to get thicker and thicker every time I used it. So I tried this Dior topcoat and wow, I think I'm in love.

Pros:
- It dries super quick
- It's rather thin and easy to apply
- It leaves a beautiful shine on your nails

Cons:
- It's pricey.

Really love this topcoat. <3 And I'll definitely buy it again if I run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by luxepiggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dior's top coat is second to none.

It is like a tiny bottle full of miracles.

It dries FASTER than Seche Vite!!!!!!!!!!!! How is that even possible? It boggles the mind, I tell you. It also wears better, and doesn't cause shrinkage.

So what are you waiting for? Go buy some! (^(oo)^)v

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Man, this stuff works like a miracle.

The application is smooth and simple, and the top coat glides on very easily. The coat dries completely within seconds! So if you have a nailpolish that takes forever to dry, just slab a layer of the dior topcoat over it and you won't have to torture your patience anymore!

What makes this top coat stand out from other brands? The coat is incredibly thin and unnoticable, yet gives your nail a brilliant shine that the original coat of polish is unable to achieve. It's not that kind of shine that is all uneven and bumpy, it's the smooth, silky kind of shine you see in professional nail photography.

And ++++ props to this nailpolish. There are NEVER any air bubbles in it! The revlon one I used before always somehow ended up with air bubbles even though I did nothing whatsover that could have provoked them.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No