October 1, 2014 | 1691 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - Botanics Organic Face Super Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jessae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been a high end junkie for 15 years... Don't get me wrong, I still am. But now I'm a drug store junkie, too. My wallet isn't any better off. Oh well, my skin is happy. I very recently decided to try the Boots skincare line, Botanics in particular, since I've been using natural or at least nature-based skincare for some time now...Caudalie, Korres, Jurlique, Josie Maran, Boscia, Fresh, Etc. Well, I also read a couple of nice reviews about these products specifically, this and the oil. I was a little skeptical about the greasy texture of the balm, which is indeed Vaseline-like, if not a teeny bit more firm and gritty. But I slather it all over my face, pre- or post-makeup, before bed, anytime I'm feeling a little or a lot dry (which right now is ALL the time. Love it. Very faint scent which dissipates quickly, balm sinks in and doesn't feel greasy, have had no breakouts, and immediately after applying, fine lines and dry spots are gone, wrinkles are smoother. Wish the jar were a little more cute but the product and the jar are incredibly utilitarian, it fits right in my makeup bag. Oh, I love to mix a little oil in with this sometimes, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Deenamar1e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great for someone who has extremely sensitive skin like I do. I react from almost everything i put on my face and i use a tiny amount of this for moisture after washing my face (tiny because too much makes your face greasy) and it doesnt burn or itch or break me out! The jar is small but for the small amount needed it goes a long way! Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by morganevan29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this stuff. I mix it with facial oil every night and my skin ends up incredibly hydrated by morning! My boyfriend constantly comments on how soft my face feels now

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mylosttwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best cuticle balm ever.:) I know it's a face balm, but I'd call it a multi-purpose product. I've been using Burt's Bees Lemon cuticle butter at night, but it's smell was too overpowering, so I bought this one for the same purpose and it's amazing! Only downside is that the new packaging looks so cheap, shitty plastic. The old glass one with aluminum lid (as on the photo) was much more luxurious... They also changed the texture a bit and fortunately it's got better than the old one, as it's a bit softer and easier spreadable. All in all, it's a great product, I'd recommend it to everyone, at least as a cuticle butter...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Seriously loving all the products I am trying from Boots Botanics line. This balm doesn't look like much in a small glass jar with a tin lid. If not for MUA reviews, I would have never guessed to put this dense, oily mixture on my face. But I have seen the results after giving it a go, and they are on par with high end brands.

This balm has the consistency of raw honey and coconut oil. It is solid in the jar with a gritty texture. You have to take a small amount with fingers and warm it up. It immediately turns into an oil that can be slathered across the face, smelling like raw honey. I am shocked at the price, as it is 95% organic with argan oil and shea butter. Price is $8.99, but on sale for $7.64.

You must use this balm at night. Or else, you will look like an oily mess. I recommend topping off this balm with the Boots Botanics facial oil. You will wake up with hydrated skin. And I do believe that it reduces redness and tames acne.

I will definitely be repurchasing. But since you need very little, it will probably take me one year to get another.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Boots does it again, another item that is HG for my dry/sensitive skin. Seriously Boots Botanics is the business!

This balm has a similar consistency to coconut oil, it is "solid" in the jar, but once you rub it between your fingers it turns into more of an oil. BTW do not feel concerned because it feels "gritty" at first, this is how certain oils are in texture before being warmed. I know because I replace all butter in my baking with coconut oil.

The ingredients are 95% organic and certified, which is a shock for the price point (under 10$ and currently on sale on target.com and in their stores).

The balm doesn't have much of a scent, and I prefer to use this at night because your skin is renewing and repairing itself at night so your skin is more able to absorb the moisture this provides, plus it makes me hella shiny you could literally fry foods on my face lol. Skin needs oil, especially dry skin since we lack the ability to provide our own oils which in turn ages those of use with dry skin much faster than our oily counterparts.

I use this product at night. I cleanse my face with CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser,follow up with Avalon Organics Hydrating Toner (I only tone my face every 2-3 days, based on my skins needs), Rub this lovely balm between my fingers to warm it until the "grits" are gone and I slather this on my face, then I follow up with Boots Botanics Facial Oil to lock in the moisture. This balm does not break me out another plus. I go to sleep an oily mess (my boyfriend loves to make oily face jokes lol), but
I wake up with renewed, moisturized, glowing skin. Then the jokes on him:)

I will be purchasing a back up, I hope Boots never discontinues this product or this line, it deserves a lot more press then it gets.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by JennaLia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wanted to like this balm but it broke me out a bit and I disliked that it was too oily.
Besides that...
I apply it 30 minutes before bed under my eyes and sometimes on any dry flaky skin I have from my acne medication. I wake up with very nice soft skin.
Since I do think this breaks me out I only like to use this on my lips,elbows,knees or any bad flaking on my face and it does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by johnsmommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My husband picked this up when he couldn't find my serum. It is thick, heavy, and aggravated the acne a little. BUT I was severely chapped, in pain, and nearly in tears after another product, and this was a miracle cure! It is amazing if you need a genuine balm. I've been using it since as a spot moisturizer. The trick to all of these products in this line is a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

On my dry-combination skin (dry cheeks&under eye, oily t-zone), this was too greasy. I could not use this anywhere on my face, not even on my dry areas, no matter how little I used, because it wouldn't sink into my skin properly. It also broke me out, even though I only left it on my face for about 15 mins after which I washed it off because my skin felt so clogged. I tried using it again on my face 2-3 times with the same results.
I did find a use for this though - it's a great organic lip balm! It feels a bit grainy and oily at first, but if you just use a tiny bit it will sink in and leave your lips plump and soft.
Also good for elbows and knees, although I think it's too expensive to use it on those areas.
Would I repurchase for the lip balm use? Only if I ever find it on offer, otherwise coconut oil would work about the same, for example, at a fraction of the price.
PS: The correct image for this product is the second one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

you just need a bit, but this works great. I was suffering because I had started out using retin-A every night, (your supposed to start off slowly) and my skin was a horrible dry mess with clogged pores. So I went to get microdermbrasion which opened my pores to allow product to actually penetrate it, this balm helped a lot, soothes calms and moisturizes, unless your going somewhere windy and cold during the day this is a bit to heavy for day time for under make up but great over retin-A or a acid serum or after a treatment such as a chemical peel or micro.