September 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Retractable Flat Top Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Of some reason, this brush was left unused in my "spare" drawer for the longest of time after that initial "new brush, love it" stage. I think the main reason is the clunkiness of the design, which means it does not fit easily into my make-up organiser bag and that it shed some in the beginning (has stopped now). It also works MUCH better with pressed powder than with loose.
The main reason I love this brush is because it is superbly soft (much softer than my other EDM brushes), big and just the right denseness for lightly sweeping on my pressed powder. I would love to see EDM make an ordinary flat top this size, with perhaps a tad shorter bristles, since sadly this is discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by furby623

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay. It's soft but I prefer to use Ecotool retractable brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 6:05:00 AM More reviews by ccarat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The width of the brush head on the retractable flat top brush is slightly wider tha its original counter part.so it's very easy to take off~~but the brush itself is good anyway~

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

Other than to use it when travelling, I dont use this much. I am too much in love with the original bamboo version. However it's a great quality brush for on the go and in my gym bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by cass271

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like the previous reviews, this brush is less dense than the regular Flat Top Kabuki. However, it can be adjusted to become more dense by holding the slider up. I give this a 4 star because of that extra effort to get the density I want. The slider doesn't stay in place when I move it up. I would not buy this product again because I ordered two. But, I would rather have two of the Retractable Kabuki than two of these. Both my RK and RFTK shed a little bit. Nothing major.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

The width of the brush head on the retractable flat top brush is slightly wider tha its original counter part. I absolutely love that this brush is portable, small enough to fit in any size purse with no problems, and I can easily put on foundation or finishing powder on the go with little ease using this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Another great brush from EM! This retractable FTK is not as dense as their regular FTK, but it's just as soft. I love this for on-the-go reapplication of an oil-blotting powder or finishing dust. The less dense head allows for a more sheer coverage. (If you need the head to be more dense, move the "ring" below the bottom cap up a bit.)

I've washed mine, several times without any (serious) shedding or bleeding. The case is a nice brushed-silver; very classy looking. I've bought 2 more, since they're supposed to be limed edition.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Wateverthing

I really like this brush..it so soft and dense... it worth having!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

*UPDATE* This brush sucks. Too much shedding and not worth the price. I would not rebuy it or recommend it.

This brush is really awesome! Let me start off with the usual, it's super soft (as with all their brushes) cruelty free and worth $10. The brush seems to be a bit less dense than the regular EDM flat top brush, but the great thing about this brush is that the slider on it can be moved up to make the brush the denseness and size you need. It's great for travel too. The lid stays secure and I can tell it's made really well. Unlike my retractable kabuki, this brush doesn't shed so I give it 5 lippies!! Love it!