August 23, 2014 | 1359 users online

Scrubs - Earth Therapeutics - Exfoliating Hydro Towel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An excellent exfoliating towel. I always scrub before I shave and this towel is perfect. I had been using sugar scrubs prior to this and the towel is just so much less mess and more effective. I use this 3 times a week, rinse well and air dry. I also tried the Earth Therapeuctics exfoliating gloves, but find the towel to be easier to use. Because I am a germaphobe, I replace this every month.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by jamielise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

$5 bucks at Ulta, and this thing works great! It's going to be great for exfoliating in the summer. Helps with rough skin, ingrown hairs, and body acne. At this price there is really no reason not to give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sealight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Summary: I need to find a new use for my loofahs.
Like the other posters on here, MUA convinced me I needed a Salux Nylon Japanese towel. And then was the problem of finding one. I tried buying it online but for some reason or another never did.
Then I tried looking it for them at my local East Asian stores and they either didn't have them or I didn't recognize them when I did see it.
Anyways, I spotted this guy at Bed Bath and Beyond one day and decided to take a picture of it. The plan was to go home and research if it's the same thing.
I never did the research. And eventually on my fifth trip at BBY convinced myself to cough up the 6 bucks and just try it out.
I ended up cutting the length in half. I kinda find the towel size and shape a bit awkward but I still like it. And I'm pretty sure it's the same or very similar to those HG nylon cloths. It's quite scrubby and while I ouched a few times out loud for drama while showering, I actually started enjoying the scrubby feel. So yes, do try it out and stare at your old loofah for the old, useless, pansy it has now become.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Just got out of the tub and HAD to write a review! I've been lemming a Salux cloth, but I don't have any local Asian markets and haven't seen them anywhere else. I figured this would be along the same lines, so I grabbed one today on sale at Ulta for around $3.70. Upon opening the package, I thought it was a strange length and had an odd feel to it. A bit like my exfoliating gloves.
I'm in love with this. I kind of just balled it up, squirted soap on it and scrubbed away. My skin's never felt so soft! I've told my husband (who works out in the grimey elements everyday) to try it out tonight, since he loves shower brushes/scrubs. I'll also be recommending this to my sister and her kids, since they have KP and this would probably wonderful for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by metalrocker2020

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought one of these at Bed, Bath and Beyond for about $6.
When I saw it in the packaging I didn't think it looked like the "towel" that the name claimed it to be, but I'd read a good review and wanted something like this so I bought it. Worst I figured could happen is I'd lose 6 bucks.
I got home and opened it up and was immediately turned off by the texture, as was my mom. The back of the packaging says something about it encouraging blood flow and we were making jokes about it being so rough it'd make you bleed so they weren't lying about the blood flow lol. I was afraid it was going to scrape my skin to bits but I went ahead and took a bath and used it.
Once it got wet it wasn't nearly as rough. I put some soap on it and it bubbled up very nicely. Water + soap made this thing the texture perfect!. It is pretty long so it is able to reach your back. At first I didn't think I was gonna like the size but it turned out being pretty handy. I scrubbed my my back, face, neck, ears and it was making me feel soooo smooth. So I did my legs and feet too lol. I really really liked it. I'm happy I got this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

Iíve been hearing about the Salux Japanese wash cloth since I joined MUA Ė oh seems years Ė less than a month.  I previously used a loofah along with a scrub product, which I love. But, Iím one of those people that pay cash for everything and donít use the internet to order anything. And, I also wonít go into an Asian store because of the smell. Some Filipina gal I turn out to be..just canít withstand the strong smell. Then, the only Japanese store within my area closed. While I can take trip to San Francisco and cruise Japan town, after a forty-hour work week , I would rather spend any spare time I have with family. I was at an impasse. I had to find an alternative since Iíve heard so much about them and thought that it would be a great match with my current body scrub. So, I did the walking thru the net and found these at Bed, Bath and Beyond and I needed a new toaster so this would kill two birds with one stone. Sooo glad I went. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. They are a tad more expensive than the Salux by $2.00. But, with shipping and handling and not having the smell of the Asian store on me, I was more than happy to pay up the difference. Well, my shea butter scrub does a better darn good job of leaving my skin feeling soft..but, this little jewel took it to the next level. Iíve been using this for the last two weeks and I donít know how I never knew about this wonderful product. Along with my shea butter scrub, this gem gently buff away dead skin cells and leaving me with very smooth and ďwant to touchĒ skin. I bought another one for a back up and will probably wait for their discount card and purchase another. The cloth is not too tough or too softÖjust the perfect texture for cleansing. Itís also long enough to for self-cleaning your back. A very wonderful product.