Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crossploymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinol, Diacetyl Boldine, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hedra Helix (Ivy) Extract, BHT, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bioflavonoids, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I love this primer, the smell may not be the best. Its nothing strong but compared to many primers this one comes with a scent. It makes my makeup go on flawless. I would repurchase but it definitely wouldn't be my first choice.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This primer really works for me. My foundation no longer settles into my large pores and it creates a soft matte finish.That alone would have sold me, but my foundation also lasts longer, and just looks better all around. The only con I have is the price. Too faced was the first primer I ever bought, and I have since tried cheaper brands that I like just as well. I do always reach for this one first though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this when I was at Sephora and asked one of the Sephora girls what primer I should get that'll help with pores, and she recommended this or the Porefessional by Benefit. I already tried the Porefessional and I'm not completely in LOVE with it, so I decided to give this a go. It makes your skin really silky, which is nice and I like, but there's a down side. I've worn this alone, just to make my pores look smaller or because I'm about to do my makeup but had other things to do first, and it literally starts to flake off. It gets all crumbly on your face. You really do have to put foundation on this and blend it in really well into your skin or it'll start to look cakey. I thought it was really odd. It was like when you wipe your makeup off and have little kleenex bits stuck to your face. It does do it's job and minimizes pores and makes your skin feel silky and ready for foundation but the Porefessional is a lot better, and I've even had better luck with regular drugstore primers. Not worth the money from the results, for sure and I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

when I used this product for the first time, I noticed that it's very similar to Benefit's Porefessional. it's the same color, the same consistency, the same texture... in a blind test with both of them, I don't think I could tell the difference.
but anyway, this is a nice primer for filling in your pores and giving a smooth, natural bordering on matte base. even though they have a separate oil free formulation, I haven't noticed this one being oily to begin with. this primer doesnt seem to elongate the wear of my foundation at all unfortunately. if all you're looking for is filled pores, try this! if you want longer foundation wear time, try something else.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this primer for a while, and it worked well. It blurred imperfections, it helped my foundation go on more smoothly, and it may have even reduced shine (although not much). However, I recently stopped using this because it was causing breakouts, painful breakouts that took forever to heal (not just the normal, once-a-month hormonal thing I'm used to). I couldn't believe it was this product, and it took me a while of testing the timing (when I was using this vs when I was not) to convince me that this was the culprit. It's a shame. It's a good midrange product, otherwise. Perhaps this won't be a problem for you...but if you use it and suddenly get breakouts you didn't have before, I'd recommend stopping for a while, just to see if it's this. It was for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really love this! I've used up an entire tube and thought it gave me smooth, silky skin. The packaging is pretty and it does what it claims, it's a great primer! It's even nice on bare skin without any foundation on top, it polishes your skin and makes it look extra nice. I honestly do not have problems with my makeup not lasting all day ever, I like wearing primer just for an extra smooth look. Sometimes my skin can be sensitive and I can wear this with 0 problems.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So far so good! I can get pretty oily in my t-zone and with this product it cuts the shine pretty drastically. It's 3pm and I'm just barely started to shine. Pretty good since I applied at 7:45a. Definitely repurchasing when I run out!

Once again, anoter Two-Faced product that is selling simply because of the clever packaging and perverted marketing tactics.

I have to admit, I did give in, as the packaging and name caught my attention in the Sephora store (great job, marketing team!). I am into primers and tend to have dry skin, so I decided to bite the bullet and try it out.
The ingredients of coconut and electrolytes also intrigued me. After testing it out, I cant say that it did too much. I defintely wouldn't recommend this as a primer to help your makeup hold. This is more of a pre-primer cream that gives you a bit of sheen and luminosity - however, if you apply makeup on top, that affect largely wears off. You can also get the same result with less expensive primers like MAC prep and prime radiance enhancer.

I think two-faced is gimicky for many of their products - I ended up returning this. I will stick to just taking care of my skin with oils and moisturizer and using a pore minimizing primer like Benefits Porefessional or Smashbox (the inventor of face primers).

Don't buy into the gimicks!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought the full size without testing. It is a usual primer, I use it only in my T-Zone. The thickness is rather annoying, it's sticky and doesn't spread easily. The PRO point is that the primer is light tinted.

I have used a number of primers in my time and this one is my favorite so far!

Packaging- I love love love love the packaging of the too faced primer, its pink tube with gold lettering, whats not to like? I like that its in a tube, easy to use and easy to travel with!

Formula-The formula reminds me of benefits porefessional. Its thin/thick in the middle really, it has a tint to it, and also has what looks like glitter, well not glitter but something in there that reflects light. Which I was skeptical with at first.

Wear/Look/Feel- I put it on the primer on, evenly around my face and it improved my skins look, feel and general appearance, it smoothed away shine, small blemishes, and took away some of my redness which I was extremely happy about!! My face just looked better like me but airbrushed. It smoothed my face really well making sure that my face was ready for foundation application. My foundation didnt seem to be less effective or generally affected in a bad way because of the primer, it made my foundation go on a lot smoother, and generally cut the amount and time that I needed. As for making your makeup last longer, for me I havent really noticed that primers in general for alllll brands make any difference to making my foundation stay longer. I use other setting products such as prays and powder, so I cant really comment on if this primer, or primers in general make your foundation stay longer.

Price- £24.00 at Debenhams, which I am totally happy to pay for, primers are usually around this price mark, so I am happy too faced decided to go with this price!

Overall- I will be repurchasing this primer when I run out! I am yet to try it with mineral makeup, but when I do I'll see how it goes and update :)

Update- I have used this with my BareMinerals powder original foundation and it works extremely well, does exactly the same thing with minerals as liquid foundation. Very impressed. Will continue to purchase!

Popular Primer/ Correctors