September 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights Quad - Brown Eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by hannahbeautyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

eh... not a big fan on this quad. I have hazel eyes so I picked up the quad for my eye colour. I contains 4 colours- a champagne, shimmery beige, a shimmery mint green, and two shades of brown which are quite boring. When I tried it, I didn't really like it- the browns looked really weird and messy on my lids and I found it hard to blend with the other colours. I don't like the green at all- it's meant for an inner corner highlight but it does nothing, it's basically like eye primer pigmentation. I do however LOVE the base colour! It's such a beautiful, pigmented, shimmery champagne colour and I use it almost everyday as a base for my lids. I've almost hit pan on this colour- I love it! It's alright for the price I guess, but the packaging is really awful. Overall, I wouldn't buy this product as the colours are hard to blend and look boring. I would just get the champagne colour which just came out individually :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh, this product is pretty good for the price. I picked this one up on a whim because it was on clearance one day and haven't looked back ever since haha. Sure, quality and payoff may not be the best of the best, but you can't expect high end quality of such a cheap price point.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by lanid06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

iTS A GOOD COMBINATION OF COLOURS

I tried the naked palettes shadow sand realized whoa this quad is shit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I really like these shadows. I got them for about 15 cents with a coupon and a BOGO at Rite Aid. No, the payoff isn't the greatest, but once you get through the top film of the shadows, it's pretty good. I love the brush that comes with them, it's worth the price just for that. I apply them differently than the directions. I put the light beige shade in the inner corner and under the brow, then I dust it on the lid. Then from the center of the lid and out, I use the gold color. I take a small smudge brush and dip it into both the light grey and the black to blend those colors together. It makes a lovely dark grey which I put in just the outer V and blend well. I carry that color along the lower lashline as well. Lastly, I wet a liner brush and use it in the black shade as a liner along the upper lashes only. It's beautiful without too much shimmer. The colors blend well and really bring out my amber eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to wear this every weekend or so years ago and just the other day I revisited the look because I forget why I stopped wearing the quad. Perhaps I just moved on because I remember loving it tons.
I was shocked when I put it on and thought my gosh these colors look bad on my brown eyes? Odd. My eyes didn't pop or anything. I really thought it looked dirty and messy on my eyes. Individually the colors may look nice just all together the colors looked crazy on my eyes. I have no idea why I use to be obsessed with this quad

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

I got a deal on this at walmart for $8. It included the matching mascara. not bad for cheap eyeshadows. I do need to wear UDPP underneath, but i usually have to w all shadows I use. The colour payoff is lacking just a tad. I feel like i have to swipe the coppery brown colour about 8 times to see any colour payoff on my lids. The silvery colour has no colour on me whatsoever!! Bottom line, if your looking for new, cheap travel friendly shadows then these arent bad!! I prob wont purchase these colours again, but will try other colours, possibly the one for green eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had this like 3 yrs ago w/ the rest of the collection. It sorta brightened my deep brown eyes. The only thing I liked about this was the silver&grey-black shadows. The copper one's too orangey for winter palette ppl.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Jilly66

I was tired of wearing boring, old brown eyeshadow on my brown eyes and needed a change. So I decided to try Covergirl Exact eyelights for brown eyes. I was a bit leary of the colours provided, especially the coppery tone and the fact that they had shimmer to them. Usually I avoid shimmer with my forty-something aged eyes and stick to matt. Anyway, notwithstanding this, I gave it a go out of curiosity. I used the enclosed brush, which is a nice one, to put on the first step, the step one light beige shade and immediately saw that it had that dreaded shimmer to it. Immediately it highlighted the crepiness and fine wrinkling of my eyelids which is not good to start off with. However, I kept on going and put on step two, the coppery shade which is very sheer, but adds a bit of sheen to supposedly open up the eye. Again it has shimmer. Now for step three, the most disappointing shade for me - a silvery grey. It is meant to be put in the crease to contour, but the shade was so light on my eyes that there was no contouring or dept that it provided. It just looked all shimmery along with the other steps. Finishing what I started, I used the darkest shade, step four, to add along the lash line which did immediately bring out my eyes fortunately. It is a black which has blue/grey undertones to it which is the colour that I've always looked for as I have admired it when I've seen it on others. I used the corresponding eye pencil for brown eyes which I purchased separately and, being the same shade as the step four shade, it intensified the colour. Then I put on the Exact Eyelights mascara which didn't really do anything spectacular. I usually like a volume boosting mascara and this clearly wasn't one. Instead, it made my lashes look like spider's legs - not a great look! I found that the mascara was superflous to the whole kit. Using your regular mascara which you love, would be totally fine and would save money. So I wouldn't recommend the mascara at all.

Well, I'd finished the whole steps and took a look. I didn't really like what I saw at all. The three shimmery first shades didn't really make an impact at all to my eyes. The major downfall was the shimmer highlighted the light wrinkles in my eyes and that was all I saw when I saw my eyes in the mirror - not a look I really want to show the world! I want to see my eyes, not the wrinkles!! However, on the positive side, I love the darkest shade and eye pencil which do bring a contrast to the brown in my eyes. As the step 3 shade was a bit insipid when it came to actually adding depth and contour to the crease of my eye, I tried the darkest shade in the crease and felt it looked better. The diagram they include on the box suggests that shade 3 is darker than it actually is. It is more like a highlighting colour than an actual true pigmented shade to add depth against the lighter shade on the lids and brown bone.

Am I glad I bought the inexpensive eyeshadow palette? Yes, I am, as I got the dark shade that I'd been looking for in the step 4 colour. Will I use the steps one, two and three shades again...probably not - but maybe the coppery shade two one perhaps.

The day after, I used my usual MATTE beige which I use from brown to lash line usually and then used the step four shade along my eyelash line and used a swipe of the sheer colour along the contour of my eye to balance the eye and it seemed to do the trick. My only reservation about the eyeshadow and eyeliner is that the colours seem to fade very quickly, so I would suspect some touch ups during the day will be needed.

So in conclusion, if you have aging eyelids, don't buy this product as it adds too much shimmer, accentuating the wrinkles and crepiness. This is a real no-no anyway when applying make up to older eyes and I should have known better. If you have young, smooth eylelids this product would be more for you.

Don't bother with the mascara. It isn't that special at all and not really required to complete the look.

So a mixed reaction to this product. I 'sort of' got what I wanted inadvertently in liking the darkest shade, but the whole pallete of colours themselves didn't combine to produce a great effect as promised on the box.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ecstatice

PROS:
-pretty variety of colors
-several were dupes for higher end shadows (EXACT DUPES)
pigmented
CONS:
-very chalky and powdery
-packaging is very flimsy
-don't make your eyes pop at all
-fallout

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Supergirl0143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didnt like this when I first bought it.. it sat in my stash untouched for months. Then for some reason I decided to give it another try, used a different shadow brush and voila! I love it now! I dont like the recommended application according to directions. However the shadows are pretty good considering the price. Decently pigmented, and when using a primer the staying power isnt too bad. I'm not crazy about the silver color (looks a bit blue on me) but I love the gold, charcoal, and beige. I am a fan of anything shimmery and sparkly, this definitely has lots of it! I'm glad I didnt toss it, and decided to give it another try!